It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Georgia set for another attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Russia: Georgia set for another attack

www.presstv.ir

Russia's Deputy Chief of Staff, Colonel General Anatoly Nogovitsyn said "We have registered an increase in [Georgia's] reconnaissance activities and preparations for armed actions in the Georgian-South Ossetian conflict zone," Ria Novosti reported Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Im not sure if this is relevant now but it was posted earlier today on Press Tv. The article doesn't seem to confirm anything but i thought i'd post it as a matter of interest.

www.presstv.ir

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkAkaSilent

Im not sure if this is relevant now but it was posted earlier today on Press Tv. The article doesn't seem to confirm anything but i thought i'd post it as a matter of interest.

www.presstv.ir

Yes i see your point very interesting indeed, Star and flag for you.

I hope they come back and blow the scutter out of Medvedev and the russians.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
After what has happened over the past two weeks, the routing and retreat of the Georgian army, the destruction or seizure of much of their equipment, how can anyone take this claim seriously?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Gunmen attack army convoy in S.Russia, kill one - Ifax

MOSCOW, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Gunmen killed one soldier and wounded three in an attack on a Russian army convoy in southern Ingushetia province on Friday, Interfax news agency said.

The agency quoted Ingush Interior ministry as saying that the unidentified gunmen fled after the attack on the Kavkaz highway, which links Russia's troubled North Caucasus republics.

Attacks on police, officials and troops are not unusual in Ingushetia, a poor region neighbouring restive Chechnya.

Officials blame the attacks on criminal elements and Muslim rebels, while their critics say poverty, corruption and widespread abuse of power keep social tensions high.

Russian security officials have said they expected a rise in rebel attacks after Russia launched a military incursion in Georgia, an ex-Soviet republic neighbouring Ingushetia, to crush its attempt to retake a breakaway region of South Ossetia.

(AlertNet)

Probably unrelated, but I thought I'd post it.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
After what has happened over the past two weeks, the routing and retreat of the Georgian army, the destruction or seizure of much of their equipment, how can anyone take this claim seriously?

How can anyone take you seriously? Have you heard about them electronic spiders that the georgians have, they can shoot down planes and they can even jump up to the plane and suck the driver out of the cock pit.. you should read about the facts.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ok guys well I don't know about you, but I think Russia is being a bit of a smartass here right?
So who's got a gun?
I have, lets go and teach these guys what the heck it means to keep the peace?
Im about over these Nazi wannabe's.
Oh but wait, the guys running them are from the Rockefeller's and Rothschild's?
So we would be in fact fighting for doctor evils own private henchman army?
Wtf we supposed to do here?

sty

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i suspect that if Georgia would do this again they could seriously risk an atomic response from Russia. It would be very unwise for Georgia to do this , more unwise than the first unwise decision 2 weeks ago! Russia would not have the logisitcs to fight all NATO/EU anymore, so I would believe they would press the red button. Lets hope it is going to be peace...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If Georgia attacks the breakaway's again in an act of defiance, you can easily expect all Russian forces being called back and taking Tblisi in an all-out attack, no mercy. We saw their reaction... Yeah, it just takes one hardheaded fool from the Georgian side.

Most of the Georgian military was pulled back to the capital, their retreat was pretty quick when the Russians took Tskhinvali.

I can only hope these reports arent true...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

I'm just wondering if Saakashvili would secretly quite like that, Sty...

Remember when Medvedev said that, if even one Russian citizen is killed in the same way again, Russia would respond with a 'crushing' blow? I think if Georgia tried it on in any way again, the Russian military would give the country a complete going-over (including Tbilisi).

Would the U.S. allow that to happen? Saakashvili seems increasingly desperate for an intervention...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkAkaSilent

Russia's Deputy Chief of Staff, ... "We have registered an increase in [Georgia's] reconnaissance activities

and preparations for armed actions in the Georgian-South Ossetian conflict zone," Ria Novosti reported Friday.

his speculation based on some fact ...is appropriate to allow the Russians to stay and in fact build up forces.

or the proof for , as he states: "...preparations for armed actions in the Georgian-South Ossetiaconflictzone."
just how does the Russian Chief of Staff actually know what the Georgian military is preparing for?? Georgia activity might just be about a rally & consolidation of the remaining military after they were routed in the last skirmish.
I take the increased reconnaissance activity to be for the same reason....

the USA & Israel, the arms suppliers and military instructors, are not about to launch a counter attack - as this report is trying to suggest.

...someones just trying to inflame the situation (CIA? USA State Department?)

Or is Russia cleverly voicing another 'warning' to Georgia and their cohorts...do not try anything because we 'see' what your doing !

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So there is some activity by Georgian recon teams to see if Russia has withdrawn like the French plan calls for? Might be just me but it starting to remind me of the South Park character that justifies shooting wildlife out of season by shouting "Oh my God it's coming right for us." as the animal just sits there and blinks.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This meens, in my opinion, that Russian leaders declared to the world that they are going to keep the area "hot" until there is change in leadership. The situation may develop in two possible scenarios -
a) Russian peacekeepers that will remain in Georgia (not talking about S.osetia or Abkhazia) will be creating tension with local police/army. Bad scenario because it can rapidly escalate and US and NATO will probably have forces inside.
b) There will be a convenient (for Russians) strike on those peacekeepers and Russian army will have to,obviously, finish the job. Very bad scenario.
Now i think that Georgians are those who will have to decide it, but as i see it the only way to diffuse the situation is release those separatist republics through talks with rights of Georgians who live there are maintained and change Saakashvilli for another pro-Western politician who was not involved in the beginning of the war.
I just hope that i am not repeating Chamberlain's mistake. Gladly i do not have to decide anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Russia intends to keep control of one of the Georgian port cities.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Saakashvilli will not be attacking anyone anytime soon. He already placed Georgia on the brink of outright invasion, and Georgian military has shown its competence in quickly retreating - even leaving much of their equipment behind in a hurry.

Saakshvilli was pulled out of the shat he got himself into by the U.S. - otherwise he would have been ousted by the opposition party, and his military would be obliterated. While U.S. is being nice to their Georgian puppet, I would not necessarily bet that it will bail him out again.

These claims of Georgians preparing to attack are completely false - everyone knows it. It is an excuse for Russia to linger in Georgia for a few more days.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

blah .blah, what does this BS come from....

Yes i see your point very interesting indeed, Star and flag for you. I hope they come back and blow the scutter out of Medvedev and the russians.

and with what will they manage to do ...

despite being trained ,funded and equipped by US and israeli forces , they got kicked by russians in less than a week

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

I think it(the overall retreating business) had more to do with the willpower and experience of their leadership. Russia has more experienced leadership, more advanced and evolved protocols, more determination, etc. Georgia on it's own (sort of) has only been around for the past few years, so it's to be expected that they wouldn't last very long against the Russian military. Any of their stronger/more experienced soldiers were in Iraq for combat duties.

top topics

join