It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight Will Be My Last Night On Earth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
The biggest ironic thing I know to be true is a lot of you feel the same way as he does.

You are wrong here, at least one case. I have no desire to run off with some aliens, a week or two after meeting, to some other planet.

I am most likely not alone. Earth is OK for now.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

It is hard to maintain the highest ideals all the time.

That's very true. I sometimes find myself tempted to dive into the mud if I'm having a particularly heated argument with my husband (I do my best to resist though.)

I'm not sure it's even the derogatory/rude/insulting things people are saying to the OP (although those annoy me too) on the thread but the tone and demeanor. The gang-like mentality. Which is why I used the "picking on the fat-kid" and "bullies kicking the dog" metaphors. It's a lot like:

"OMG Becky...look at her butt"

They're like the valley girls of the Internet. It's probably inherent in human nature but I'd really like us to rise above all that.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The way i see this and the other thread religion made , its a cry for help in my humble opinion, Religion if you read this and you need someone to talk to that wont ridicule or make judgement U2U me

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Oh excuse me RoadGravel ... sorry that you choose to be ignorant still, you choose to only use partially what I said to make a point??! How rediculous is that we are human beings and we have feelings...

So you want to tell me that you dont dislike living a lie?
so you LIKE our fraudulent Government?
so you like eating modified foods that cause cancer and other diseases?
so you like the pollution, war and other things this world has going on?

Im calling you out... Your a liar.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Religion

You mentioned this to me a few weeks ago and Im sorry I didnt really take it seriously at the time, well I just thought hes joking right?? Now Im really concerned for your mind more than anything. You cant go with the greys, even if you did it wouldnt be the right thing for you. Your human they are grey, end of debate.

Like I said to you yesterday I really hope you've woke up today and realized its all been a dream, the alternative is quite scary.

Im not saying I dont believe you, its just this claim is very extreme compared to most posts on here. However if you truely are telling the truth, I do know someone who went through the exact same thing as you ( If indeed you are being honest with us). He is no longer on ATS but I can contact him if you wish to talk to someone whos had similar experiences to you. I have no reason to believe you or disbelieve you, I would just like to help if I can.

However if you are making this up, you whont last a minute on here. I hope for you you find what you are looking for. And like I say just U2U me if you feel its all becoming too much, I'll try to put you in contact with others who've been where you wish to go, or maybe have already gone??

MG

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

darkelf.....the TZ episode is called "To Serve Man"

There's a good Simpson's Episode that spoofs it.....it's one of the Hallowe'en Specials, I think.....

EDIT....I should add, if this is a plea for help from the OP, then any level of jocularity is totally inappropriate.

[edit on 8/23/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I couldn't agree with you more, Malynn. What is going on here is ludacris.

The responses you got from people really don't vindicate them either. As stated by them the OP is only trying to get attention and is obiously lying, yet, here they are giving him attention and replying with "take me with you". Yeah, they're being sarcastic but really, what is your point?

Like you said, everyone is always complaining about this type of behavior from members yet they are always so quick to join in. When they point out a troll, they give the exact kind of response the troll was looking for. When they know someone is lying for attention, they give them attention. When they get called out on all this, they point out the lying and attention getting by the OP.

I'm still dismayed that everyone is mocking this person when it seems that no one is considering the fact that this COULD BE a troubled individual giving a cry for help and all the OP got is mocking and ridiculing.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Im calling you out... Your a liar.

Cool your guns dude. There is no proof ETs are here and giving out tickets. People can believe in the possibility if they choose. I would like to see changes to the Earth and it's people but that doesn't mean my only solution is to leave the planet. I am not at the point where I see scraping the Earth is the only answer.

So no, my own opinion about my life isn't a lie.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
A more morbid thought just occurred to me, what if this is a suicide note?

That was my first impression as well. Reminded me of the UFO cult that committed suicide so they could go on the spaceship that came with the comet (or something like that). lol

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
GOODBYE!!!! Don't let the door hit you in the ass.....

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Religion,

I called the phone company and they are willing to let you keep your internet service past tonight- they gave you a 2 week grace period.

Seriously, honestly, if its a hoax (yet another) shame on you.

If on the other hand you truly beleive this, seek help immediatly.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Send us a post card, will you? And have Steve Fossett drop us a line too...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well the OP at least made it moderately elaborate.... his posting history shows a fascination with the Greys, and on August 21 he made a post that plans were in the works for him to leave already (or maybe that post triggered this hoax, or a spur of psychosis?) I'm sure everyone will be watching eagerly to see if he ever posts again though.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Well, I hope they at least find you a mate to your liking there.

Yes but just watch out for THE ZIPPER

Its funny to watch this...

People immediately saying its a hoax, seeking attention or a suicide note...

Others are asking for a ride... I am willing to bet not one of those would step on the ship if it landed on their front lawn...

If its a hoax and he comes back to tell us his story (Like Howard Menger did) I guarantee you every one of you and more will be back to listen to it... if only to call it BS

If its real we will never know
We also assume the Heaven's Gate people did not really catch that comet... maybe they did... after all only the atheists don't believe in the soul and there is plenty of evidence here at ATS pointing to the fact that to move beyond Earth requires a 'transition'

If its a suicide note... all we can say is don't do it and go talk to someone ANYONE but a shrink
because all we have is an Avatar and when someone here disappears... no one remembers they were every here (I have a LONG list) because they never made enough of a presence to be noticed...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sigh, yes, so many people on the planet so unhappy with real life, they think that going to some other planet will make things better.
THis does seem like a suicide note though, but if it isn't then he is probably dead by now, or he will come back as what people of my faith call, The Prophet of the Beast.
If he latter is true, he will have been bestowed "supernatural powers" and will usher in a New World Order and convince many of you that it is true.
This is all speculation though.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Don't forget to bring a towel!

Do they have their own version of Larry King there?

You go, Religion, you go!

I've traveled all over the earth and I would welcome the opportunity to travel beyond it.

I’m a reasonably happy person with a reasonably healthy mind and I would just enjoy the adventure!

Best wishes!

[edit on 8/23/2008 by eaganthorn]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Life is so full of the I dunno, could be, could happen and totally unknown stuff, I might beleive the guy. Theres a story about a doctor who had a patient who told the doc he was leaving to go with the grays and the doc could come if he wanted to.

They posted a monitor on the guy as the departure time neared. Than, some one did a check call and found the guy gone with several metal pins he had in his legs laying on the bed.

He returned in the morning and told the doctor he had been with the grays and the doc could've come along. I dunno whether to beleive this but it sounded much like K-pax.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z, IF it's a suicide note.....then it will surely disappear, and none of this person's loved ones will even know.

But, I hope he/she takes toilet paper along for the ride! (Oh, yeah....S/A for the journey....even though it's only 23 hours...well will need T/P at destination)!!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Grays don't exist. It's mathematically impossible that a humanoid species would evolve. The probability of parallel evolution is so low you'd be more likly to meet boneless octopuses with big brains then that.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

G...'mathematically' impossible??

I will now state, for the records.....smails EDIT HERE....haha...I wrote 'smails'....hope everyone can figure out that the QWERTY keyboard has the 'n' and 'm' right next to each other?? (endof of EDIT) don't exist.....I mean, what a ridiculous species are they???

Can't move fast, at all....have those stupid 'shells'.....guess the reason they survided is because they aren't very tasty.....

OOPS.....forgot, the French learned to like them, when smothered in Garlic and Butter.....hmmmmmmm

EDIT to replace 'QUERTY' with 'QWERTY'.....which is the correct sequence....

OK, Carry On!!!

THIRD edit.....if, indeed, the OP was a call for help.....then I will feel duly chagrined....and ashamed.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join