It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight Will Be My Last Night On Earth

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
WHAT THE HELL???

That's an odd image.

but yea, this is due for closure.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Where's my postcard?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey have you left yet?
Cant you communicate with us from the grays ship via there extra specially advanced communications systems???

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Religion

Ugh... If your still here, and i pretty much thin you are, then think about how ridiculous this sounds... Your screen name is religion, yet you speak of Aliens and what not. You are either very confused or nuts...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by Religion

Ugh... If your still here, and i pretty much thin you are, then think about how ridiculous this sounds... Your screen name is religion, yet you speak of Aliens and what not. You are either very confused or nuts...

You may think the above statement is insightful and profound - considering your name is Braniac; however, the two are not now nor have they ever been mutually exclusive in the grand scheme of things. I, of course am excluding those terrible times when the Catholic church mandated that the earth was flat, the earth was the center of the universe and/or the center of the solar system. Let's not forget the times when the catholic church mandated that if you had a mole or a birth mark on your body you were either burned at the stake or drowned for being a Witch. Oh wait...those were just the Christians. So let him call himself Religion if he pleases. And if you please - think outside your box.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
Ugh...

Ugh?? Whats that a caveman grunt?

If your still here, and i pretty much thin you are, then think about how ridiculous this sounds... Your screen name is religion, yet you speak of Aliens and what not. You are either very confused or nuts...

Did it ever occur to you that God and the angels... since they are not of this Earth... are ALIENS in the truest form? real E.T's EXTRA meaning outside TERRESTRIAL meaning Earth

And that makes the fallen ones landed immigrants

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thekherham
I am ROTFL at this entire thread. How does something like this get posted anyway.

its in the GRAY AREA an area set up for posts like this so they stay off the regular board DOH!! You could try learning your way around the place before 'sharing' your wit

P.S. I wish I had read the thread sooner. You could have told them to pick me up and take me home. I've been on Earth too long lol.

So genius how exactly is your post any better?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Its pretty funny actually, If you click on his screen name it brings up all his info and although he was leaving on the night of the 22nd he checked in here on the 23rd to read all everyone wrote about his thread.

I suppose he'll say he used the wireless from the space ship to check in here......Crack pot!

People like him give all believers a bad name, I wonder why anyone who believes is a kook.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Where's my postcard?

Well do a little calculation... one way trip 23 days... return mail earliest you could get a post card is 48 days from now
(allowing a couple days for local post office delay)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by zorgon

That's a great pic, Zorgon.

Wasn't there speculation about a dinosaur species like, say, velociraptor, if left to evolve, may have become a sentient tool-making species?

Yes that was from that exhibit... they did serious research on it... I will see if I can pull the paper... it was years ago... but the pics are still circulating... I still have family in Toronto so will look into it... Should be in Pegasus' data base anyway

Not sure what dino in the photo that was...not much of an expert on extinct species here...

Dang I'm good
small Cretaceous theropod Stenonychosaurus Inequalis

In 1969, a scientist named Dale Russell found some bones of a small, meat-eating dinosaur called Stenonychosaurus … This dinosaur’s skull showed that it had been small, but with a large skull. The skull also showed that Stenonychosaurus’s eyesight worked like ours. Stenonychosaurus also had hands that resembled humans’. It had thumbs that could be turned inwards to grasp things. This is unusual among animals.

Russell put together a startling model of Stenonychosaurus. He showed it standing upright, like a human. The model was 1.2 (4 ft) tall and weighed about 40 kilograms (90 lb). Russell called this human-like model a “dinosauroid”. People were amazed by this dinosaur which seemed so advanced for its time (p. 24).

It had thumbs that could be turned inwards to grasp things

Okay so I found a blog that had the story so sue me but I did it while typing this post

darrennaish.blogspot.com...

So, this thread is about the possibilty of a bipedal, four-limbed laterally symmetrical intelligent, tool-using sentient being that happens to have gray skin? How am I doing, so far?

Nah this thread is about a guy making a dramatic exit... who thinks the Grays are his friend...

We are also kind to our food animals... errr until that special day...

[edit on 25-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

its in the GRAY AREA an area set up for posts like this so they stay off the regular board DOH!! You could try learning your way around the place before 'sharing' your wit

I thought the Gray Area was for people to post experiences they (may) have had. I believe what the person you replied to was saying is that OP's story (and those like it) hurt the forums credibility.

Besides it being a disservice to sincere posters.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by BloodRedSky]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
OH GOD!

No just a Viceroy, but thanks for the thought

The human form is NOT the apex of evolution. It is only one form of possibility.

Please provide your credentials that show you are an expert in evolution, thanks. This is in the GRAY area so I won't pester you for links... this time

For penguins even, this is true to some extent, only they didn't use their hands in trees. Their hands were already for flying. They simply came down and went upright because of it's benefits for swimming.

Yup Penguins are cool... they have quite a thing going under the glass dome in Antarctic... got a photo here somewhere.... hmmm... AH!

A REAL scientific sentient dinosaur would be feathered,

I anxiously await the scientific papers to back your preposterous theory.

Finally, why on Earth would an alien species that manufactured these grays use such primitive creations?

Cheaper... expendable

I think a much more superior life form would have long ago passed the necessity for biological slaves.

Why? We haven't... all we did is give our slaves some perks... just try not to go to work for a month and see what happens... Look at the children making your sneakers in India... look at the underground sex slave market in Arabia, Japan and the good ole US of A

Then tell me again how great we are...

And why do you assume that 'they' are more intelligent than us? Just because they made a spaceship to get here? Tesla had that figured out in the 1900's...

Hitler almost had them figured out... imagine his buddies zooming around out there...

You have no idea what they may be like... you have no concept of how they thing... they may have a slave race simply because they LIKE it...

They could have robots even smaller do more work.

WE have robots that do a lot of the work at say a car plant but we still have assembly line slaves... and if more robots replace them then what will they do?

I am reluctant to believe that such a superior life form going to other worlds would still be using biological life forms to explore planets, let alone slave labor.

Considering we have yet to prove they exist... it is very arrogant and down right silly to assume they are superior..

Image if a race landed on a planet that had sentient apes that knew how to operate machinery... then those apes knock you out of the sky and steal your ship... a little reverse engineering, a little luck and the apes are swarming the galaxy

Have a look in the mirror at that ape

Finally, as to evolution, we can use our world as an example because life has been here long enough to see what time does in terms of specialization.

You can only use our world as an example if you assume that all worlds are Earth like otherwise it is invalid... and considering the variety of life on this rock, I am willing to bet possibilities are endless

Once more, the human form is NOT the apex of evolution. It is only one form of possibility

Saying it does not make it so... besides it completely ignores genetic manipulation, something WE can already do... so that would be child's play to your Superior species.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BloodRedSky
I thought the Gray Area was for people to post experiences they (may) have had. I believe what the person you replied to was saying is that OP's story (and those like it) hurt the forums credibility.

Ah so may have had is okay going to have is out? Interesting logic

Disservice to whom? I see most that post here are enjoying the laugh...

When you saw the OP, and felt this way... what urged you to post?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
OMG i KNEW IT. them penguins!!!!! They abducted me and probed me and made me eat raw fish...threw me in jail after...
ever been taken by a polar bear...i still walk funny..

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Its pretty funny actually, If you click on his screen name it brings up all his info and although he was leaving on the night of the 22nd he checked in here on the 23rd to read all everyone wrote about his thread.

I suppose he'll say he used the wireless from the space ship to check in here......Crack pot!

People like him give all believers a bad name, I wonder why anyone who believes is a kook.

Nah, it was his little brother who logged on. Anyone who has ever played on line games knows about the dreaded little brother.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Ah so may have had is okay going to have is out? Interesting logic

Disservice to whom? I see most that post here are enjoying the laugh...

When you saw the OP, and felt this way... what urged you to post?

I put "(may) have had" in there just to differentiate myself from others who believe everything written in this forum. Also, just because your brain telling you that you had an experience doesnt mean it physically happened.

Umm, a disservice to members that truely believe that they had an experience.

What urged me to post? Probably the same feeling that made you post yourself.

Youre basically attacking people for doing the same thing as you.
Do you feel that youre the only one allowed to post here and if anyone else does youll just dissect their post and insert *witty* lines (and, might I add, ridiculous pictures) about how their stupid and youre not?

You are aware that commas and periods exist, no wait, of course you are.

And speaking of periods, perhaps you should try drinking some cranberry juice.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by BloodRedSky]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BloodRedSky

BRS....I'm gonna get some popcorn, 'cause this is gonna be good!!!

you're tangling with the guy with a sword?!?

(hint)....never criticze spelilng or punctuation.....you will get cut!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well he last logged in on Aug 23....so I thinks he's still here.... unless they have the internet...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I put "(may) have had" in there just to differentiate myself from others who believe everything written in this forum. Also, just because your brain telling you that you had an experience doesnt mean it physically happened.

Gray Area first page topic list
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nuclear Bomb coming...What would you do?
Prediction of HUge explosion--lots of Fire!
Train carrying human cargo?
Masses of invisible beings in cities (Pages: 1 2 3 .. 12 )
My 9 year old can read my mind
Please Abduct Me, Aliens
David Icke is a reptile - first hand witness account
Do the manta ray
I Am An Extraterrestrial, Watch My Video

All speculative not one of those about an actual experience

Here is the thread where the Gray Area was born..
WE NEED YOUR INPUT
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What urged me to post? Probably the same feeling that made you post yourself.

Not really you came here to say this shouldn't be allowed... I came here because it seemed amusing to see where this would go

Youre basically attacking people for doing the same thing as you.
Do you feel that youre the only one allowed to post here and if anyone else does youll just dissect their post and insert *witty* lines (and, might I add, ridiculous pictures) about how their stupid and youre not?

Hmmm I thing you have that backwards... I did not say you couldn't post... I asked WHY you would bother if the thread bothers you... just make no sense

You are aware that commas and periods exist, no wait, of course you are.

See Herr Weedwacker? When they run out of ammo they resort to playing English Professor... thats why I tried to point it out to you... didn't want you to look bad

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaywieny
Well he last logged in on Aug 23....so I thinks he's still here.... unless they have the internet...

Yes that is what it says... however I do not think that counts...

How does the post record depending on which time zone you are in? Is the last post recording the time it hit ATS servers or the time the poster made it in his local time zone...

If it was after midnight on the 23rd in New York where I believe ATS has their server... its still only just after 9 pm here in Vegas

We need a Mod answer

Originally posted by freeusfromthematrix
I disagree on closing this thread.
It's just good fun and a pleasant diversion from all of the serious stuff.

Your right its been fun and a diversion from all the other stuff I work at...

So errmmm you want to take our comic relief away

Why you....

Originally posted by silo13
What happens if you get air sick in suspended animation? Does it like just stick to your face and all that? I mean wouldn't that be kinda gross?

So much for 'Deny Ignorance" You DO know what 'suspended animation' means?

:shk:

[edit on 26-8-2008 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join