It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback: McCain didn't know what kind of car he drove.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Flashback: McCain didn't know what kind of car he drove.

thinkprogress.org

The National Review — in an effort to attack McCain for having a climate change plan — dug up a 2007 interview revealing he knew neither how many houses he owned nor what car he drove:

In our News interview, he was asked what kind of car he drove. As with Politico’s question about home ownership, he didn’t know and had to ask a nearby aide. “A Cadillac CTS,” she told him. But then the senator was quick to point out that he had bought his daughter a Prius...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
OK so here I go again with more demonstrating just how 'far gone' McCain really is. I know it seems like pointless crap, and in many ways knowing what kind of car one drives is not an important issue at all, but PLEASE who doesn't know what kind of car they drive?

To me this is just one more example to add to the list of examples of McCain's poor mental agility. It is one more piece of evidence that the man just does not have the mental capacity left in him to take on the challenging job of being the POTUS.

How can one forget that when they leave their house in the morning they get into their [insert car name here].

I drive a Subaru, I am not sure if it is a legacy or an outback, or an outback-legacy but I CAN tell you it is a Subaru...it says so on the steering wheel.

Last time I rode in a Cadillac it said Cadillac on the glove box and there was the conspicuous symbol sticking up on the front of the hood. A detail that is hard to miss when you are driving the car in question.

So tell me, is this not a sign of some sort of mental deficiency?

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe yes.........maybe no

i once a female work colleague what car she drove and she replied........A RED ONE

So go figure.

On a more serious note though, to me McCain does not look or act presidential.

[edit on 22/8/2008 by supersaint]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yeah, I see a couple reasons for this.

One, he probably has a driver to take him wherever he's going. I don't know this for a fact, but I would be it's the case. If this is true, all he knows is that he gets into a car to conduct his business until he gets where he's going.

Two, he may just not be a car guy. I'm not a car guy and some of my friends who are are constantly wondering how I don't know what a ford taurus or a mustang are on sight. Having said that though...I do know that I drive a honda civic mainly because I purchased it new back in 1998. Before I bought it...I couldn't have picked a civic out of a lineup.

I think it's high time we try to find something wrong with his policies rather than pursuing the "he's too senile for the job" angle.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sorry I am not going to let go of the 'he is to senile' 'too old' 'too deranged' or what have you because who is IS as a human being is going to play into what he DOES as a president.

I do believe that he is displaying signs of old age BEFORE being president. I also know the job of president is incredibly taxing. Therefore I conclude that him being elected will lead to tragedy for both us and him. US because of who he IS will lead to him making poor decision and actions. For HIM because the job could very well kill him.

His policies are easily attacked if you are opposed to what he believes in and that is only a matter of opinion. So to me it is somewhat a moot point. I leads to preaching to thew choir or arguing with your rivals, but little else.

Deconstructing the HUMAN and revealing its inherent flaws, to me, seems a more logical path in attempting to pointing out the potential POTUS's strengths and weaknesses.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This post reeks of being desperate to prove a not so valid point. Allow me to respond with a few paralells.

* Ask a non-technical person what kind of computer is in their house.

* Ask someone what brand of bread is in their breadbox.

* Ask someone what brand of pants they are wearing.

* Ask someone who manufactured that ring they're wearing.

So does anyone who can't answer those questions mean they're too mentally incapacitated to handle any position of authority? No. It means they really don't think about those things the way some obsessed voters do. I made a sandwich just last night and I couldn't tell you what brand it was. I can tell you it was wheat and it was good.

The only reason you bring this up is because 1. You don't like McCain, so 2. You look for any way you can to pick on him. His age is your best weapon.

You're forgetting that McCain was on the ball during the Saddleback forum. Much more so than many Americans half his age will ever hope to be.

You need a new strategy.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Funny post mate, although I am sure not many people could name who made th3eir manufactured ring I think you would be hard pressed to get people to miss the other questions.

For funs sake I will do a random screening of people of all different ages in my family and see what kind of responses I get.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I'll be honest with you I can't answer a single one of those questions.

My wife bought our computer (which I never use)

I don't eat bread so I don't know what we buy.

I got the pants I'm wearing for my birthday and I have no idea what brand they are.

God help me if I knew who manufactured my ring.

So there...it's not that hard pressed to find someone.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Dell 9100
Tesco Value
Tesco Workwear
that i dont know

But i can tell you EVERY car that has been in my family since about 1970.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
All I'm saying is you would be better off attacking McCain on the issues instead of his age. If you cry foul of a man or woman's age you risk offending a large majority of voters - the baby boomers. And catering to the younger voters - historically, haven't younger voters usually been real gung-ho about politics in the beginning of the election, but fail to show up on election day? The older folks will be there. Up at 5 a.m., coffee in hand, dressed and ready to vote. And if Obama has attacked McCain's sanity by proxy of his age, a large majority of those pollsters may be voting red this year.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by supersaint

Originally posted by sos37
Dell 9100
Tesco Value
Tesco Workwear
that i dont know

But i can tell you EVERY car that has been in my family since about 1970.

Do you think that would still be true if you had people driving you everywhere you went on a day to day basis?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by supersaint
Maybe yes.........maybe no

i once a female work colleague what car she drove and she replied........A RED ONE

So go figure.

On a more serious note though, to me McCain does not look or act presidential.

[edit on 22/8/2008 by supersaint]

----------------
----------------

Well at least that would have been acceptable especially if he had laughed about it, but he doesn't even know what goes on in his daily life, and Lord help us if he is elected as the POTUS!

---------------
---------------

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I agree with you. you cannot say that someone is too old for any job.

when i heard obama give his first speech after he got the nomination he SOUNDED Presidential. Anytime i have heard or seen McCain he just doesn't sound/look the part.

as for policies I will have to research more before I attack any.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think the point of him not knowing what kind of car he drives would just be silly IF it stood alone. Not knowing how many houses he owns added to the fact that he doesn't know what kind of car he drives, to me, really seems to be leading up to a much bigger point. Are these things random forgetful moments that we all have, or is this guy really that oblivious to his own life?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I dont know about that. maybe not.........but if i had bought it I think I might remember.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don't see this an issue at all. Just as the houses remark is foolishness to hold against someone.

I don't see this as any different than that time Obama got back from his trip to all 57 states.

It happens. It has no relevance.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Everyone, I hope, knows that right now, Obama is sitting down with his advisors and asking, "OK, how many houses do I own?"

"I am Barack H. Obama, Millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht."

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
McCain dosent know what he drives because the US Secret Service drives him around due to his status as a presidential candidate. They normally use black Chevrolet Suburbans for protective details.

Before this he probably had a Senate staffer or a US Capitol Police officer drive him around.

Im sure if the question was what did you drive before becoming a presidential candidate or in his early senate days I am sure he would have named something.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
McCain dosent know what he drives because the US Secret Service drives him around due to his status as a presidential candidate. They normally use black Chevrolet Suburbans for protective details.

Before this he probably had a Senate staffer or a US Capitol Police officer drive him around.

Im sure if the question was what did you drive before becoming a presidential candidate or in his early senate days I am sure he would have named something.

So being the sharp man that he is, he couldn't reply, "well I am currently being chauffered around in a big black suburban, so I don't drive!" And if the reporter pressed him, he could have replied "well it is an American car, and I can't really remember what make it is, because I hardly drive, and my wife bought it for me", or "it is a white car", etc..but nooooooo...he is not the sharpest tool in the shed I think.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
McCain doesn't give me the impression of being an intelligent man at all. When selecting a presidential candidate to vote for, I want someone who impresses me as being intelligent. He doesn't know what kind of car he drives, and he doesn't know how to use a computer (that one sealed it for me) He repeatedly mispronounced President Mikheil Saakashvili's name, is clueless about geography and sociology, and he admits that the economy isn't his strongest area in a time where the economy is of great concern. Does that sound like someone who is Presidential material?

I think one sign of intelligence is the desire to seek out information and grasp it, everywhere one sees it. The intelligent mind asks, What is that? How does that work? Why is that so? How can that be useful? Why does this happen or not happen? All I see in McCain is a senile man with aids whispering the answers in his ear.

Why would I want to vote for him?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join