It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs, Sovereignty and Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

UFOs, Sovereignty and Politics

www.americanchronicle.com

"UFO ignorance is political rather than scientific"- that's the conclusion of two prominent university professors who had the results of their research on UFOs published in the August 2008 edition of Political Theory. It was the first time a major political science journal had published an article dealing with the UFO phenomenon so it has predictably sparked controversy in the academic world. The joint authors of "Sovereignty and the UFO," are Alexander Wendt, Professor of International Security at Ohio State University; and Professor Raymond Duvall, Chair of Political Science at the University of Minnesota. Their article breaks new ground in opening up for academic debate the way in which evidence of UFOs has not been seriously analyzed in the modern era. Their main argument is that this is due to a "metaphysical threat" that UFOs pose to the sovereignty of modern states. This threat comes not from the reality of UFOs as an inexplicable physical phenomenon that ultimately have mundane explanations, but the implicit assumption that UFOs are intelligently guided vehicles controlled by extraterrestrial intelligences (the extraterrestrial hypothesis).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What I find interesting here is that 2 University professors have made the news with their theories about ufo's. I really feel as though Disclosure is coming. Everyday there is something new in the news and on the net.

Also to add that politics will play a massive role in disclosure and this should certainly be discussed more on ATS the role of exo-politics. But not as we know it.

www.americanchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-8-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure it's part of a concerted disclosure effort but it is an important study and offers a very good explanation of why UFOs are ignored by the mainstream.

I think it's the case that people are starting to realise that there is something to study.

join