It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won’t god heal amputees?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Do you think it's possible Jesus could anoint someone in this day and age? Are you for the anointing or against it? What do you think is possible? I think with God all things are possible.

Well let’s go over a few things….

•Jesus healed the solders ear

•Jesus said anyone who truly believes in him will be able to perform the same type of miracles as him

•pureevil81 link provides evidence that the gifts remain www.carm.org...

•Pentecostals also believe the gifts remain to this day

•If you believe in prayer then you must believe god intervenes – if god answers prayer he must certainly be able to heal amputees

•It’s also strongly believed (along with AshleyD) that the biblical prophecy of Israel came true. If god can intervene to fulfill prophecies then god can heal amputees

Conclusion – the gifts still remain so healing amputees should be a simple matter of faith. There are over a billion Christians over the world and not a single one has been able to heal an amputee to this day.
Thus Christianity is not legit…

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Well wait before you say that Christianity is not legit.

Keep in mind that all four gospels mention Malchus getting his ear cut off, but only Luke records it as a healing. In the other Gospels Jesus just tells Peter to put his sword away.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Conclusion – the gifts still remain so healing amputees should be a simple matter of faith. There are over a billion Christians over the world and not a single one has been able to heal an amputee to this day.

the other possibility is that people who believe in gifts still being here are misinterpreting the scripture, and in fact corithians is referring to a cessation after the completion of the bible.

your assuming that those who say we still have gifts are right.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

the other possibility is that people who believe in gifts still being here are misinterpreting the scripture, and in fact corithians is referring to a cessation after the completion of the bible.

your assuming that those who say we still have gifts are right.

Miriam, we are still living the things in the Bible, so nothing is complete. A certain number of Gentiles must come in to the "fullness" of Christ. To be full, a person is anointed and then baptized in Spirit. This baptism is through Jesus Christ. Just because you haven't experienced it does not mean it's not real. If this is something you would like to experience - you need to examine the reasons why you haven't received it.

In the end of days, God is going to pour out his Spirit on all flesh, then everyone will be on the same page and like-minded. But he always keeps a few people anointed to keep others on the right track. He is a God of mercy and compassion and he's watching. People need to realize this - he is watching. It's one thing to muse on a topic but a complete different thing to boldly state things, as if a person is qualified to properly address them - when they have no idea what they are really talking about.

I hope you are not offended by my remarks and if you are I'm sorry but the facts are Jesus still anoints, which means his gifts are still around.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Now most people I talk to say god doesn’t work like that – he casts out devils, he heals the sick but loosing a limb isn’t exactly a sickness. If the bible stories are to be taken literality then god works exactly like that.

When the solders came to capture Jesus, one of them had his ear completely cut off. Jesus picked up the ear and reattached it to the guy’s .. Now Jesus said that anyone who truly believes in him will be able to perform the same type of miracles he does and even greater miracles. So reattaching arms or legs or ears or noses or any other body part should be a simple matter of faith.

So why aren’t Christians doing it? There’s not been a single recorded event of anyone having a limb grow back or be reattached by prayer, it just hasn’t happened. So Christians why aren’t you out glorifying god, reattaching the severed limbs from the war victims in Iraq or causing people to regrow new limbs and proving the validity of your religion?

Why aren’t you healing amputees?

This is so ridiculous, as if in this modern age when someone loses a limb they're gonna ask to be rushed to the nearest church, not the nearest hospital? Countless people were healed by Christians before the modern age of medicine. There are many things within us that we don't fully recognize or tap into, imo. But God did give us the knowledge to study the human body and the fact is, Christians perform miracles every single day in operating rooms, though being Christian is not required to study and heal the human body.

Rejectors-of-Christ like to find the handful of things in the Bible which we don't completely understand, or that could have lost a word or two in translation of a language that was developed thousands of years ago. Understand, the Bible is not the Word of God, for the many scriptures that refer to the Word of God are not referring to the Bible, but rather to the voice of God or the Lord - His words from Him, the living spirit Word - otherwise you are looking to the wrong source of growth - a book, instead of God's spirit, who desires to speak and teach you outside of the Bible. The Holy Spirit will teach you all things. John 14:26. He desires to teach you individual, personal things about yourself, and how he wants you to live, how he wants you to improve, what he wants you to deny - as well as encourage you, tell you of His love for you, and open up the scriptures to you, including the mysteries. If you limit yourself to reading the Bible, it is no wonder you put so much energy into trying to dispel it. Open your heart instead of the Bible and ask God to show you how He is real by entering your heart.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think you all misted what I said God and Jesus are out there and Prayer does work. But to heal a amumtee needs great faith and knowing. the disciples knew who jesus was, Jesus knew who he was so healing was'nt a matter of faith. Now in days healing needs great faith, bring me a man that would give up his son and kill him himself for God and I believe that man can heal.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I think you all misted what I said God and Jesus are out there and Prayer does work. But to heal a amumtee needs great faith and knowing. the disciples knew who jesus was, Jesus knew who he was so healing was'nt a matter of faith. Now in days healing needs great faith, bring me a man that would give up his son and kill him himself for God and I believe that man can heal.

so... suicide bombers can heal amputees?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

????

please explain, i dont think he or she was talking about suicide bombing anyone.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
reply to post by miriam0566

????

please explain, i dont think he or she was talking about suicide bombing anyone.

a suicide bomber has alot of faith. you cant write off what they are doing as selfish or for personal gain. they kill themselves for a cause that they 100% believe god is backing.

the statement he made is that healing is simply a matter of faith. what i got from his further comments is that the inability to heal stems from a general lack of faith found today. i disagree completely.

i think there are many people that would die for their faith and die for god.

the OP is right, there is a lack of ¨healing¨ today. faith healing is certainly not the same healing jesus and his apostles did.

dont get me wrong.... i most certainly believe healing of ALL types to be possible. im in no way saying that god isnt healing because he cant. however, healing served its purpose. and i certainly think its wrong to say a person can only heal based on their faith.

apostle paul being an example. we started the corinthian congregation with these ¨gifts¨

1 cor 2:[1] And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
[2] For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
[3] And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
[4] And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

basically he said he did teach them with wisdom but with power. this may have included healing and prophesying. according to slymattb´s reasoning, paul is a man of faith, because these gifts are manifest thru him.

but then look at the second letter to corinth

2 corinth 12:[7] And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
[8] For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

what this thorn in the flesh is, i dont think anyone knows. but it was apparently something that caused great discomfort in paul. what we do know is that god decided not to heal it despite repeated entreaties by paul.

does this mean that paul lacked faith?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I am not religious. I have not even read the thread.
Sorry.

But....:

www.youtube.com...

That explain it?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I forgot who I was writing to. The quote system failed...

Yes, I have HEARD of it happening too. Never seen scientific evideice.

The Bible CLAIMS Jesus put them back on.
You prayed for her pain to go. Why didn't you just pray for the wounds to heal?
Her pain probably went as she was recovering? Got use to it? Nerves died? Skins regenerated?
You state allot, can you show use just 1 peice of scientific documentation that will coincide with your claims?

Thanks.

If you can't, then I don't want to hear your excuses. Just say you can't.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Nikolas]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I find it remarkable, if not downright hilarious, that someone could take the fact that man cannot stick a severed ear on someone and have it stay (lol) as the reasoning behind rejecting Jesus Christ. I don't understand these select individuals who have a quest to find any little ridiculous thing in an effort to keep lost young souls from finding the eternal peace and hope and love offered by Jesus. Sometimes I wonder who it is they are really trying to convince, themselves or others?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The following is such a BEAUTIFUL testimony. What has occurred in this thread is so reminiscent of the story in the New Testament about Jesus and the blind man. The nonbelievers in this thread would ask 'Why won't God heal him!?!' Just like the Pharisees of Jesus' day asked, 'Why is this man blind!?!'

But just like the blind man in Jesus' time and the man below... It's for the glory of God. You can laugh at that- sure. But this man has an INCREDIBLE testimony and ministry. He wasn't promised a perfect body in this life but he will most definitely have a glorified body in the next life:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

letthereaderunderstand

Now most people I talk to say god doesn’t work like that – he casts out devils, he heals the sick but loosing a limb isn’t exactly a sickness. If the bible stories are to be taken literality then god works exactly like that.

When the solders came to capture Jesus, one of them had his ear completely cut off. Jesus picked up the ear and reattached it to the guy’s .. Now Jesus said that anyone who truly believes in him will be able to perform the same type of miracles he does and even greater miracles. So reattaching arms or legs or ears or noses or any other body part should be a simple matter of faith.

So why aren’t Christians doing it? There’s not been a single recorded event of anyone having a limb grow back or be reattached by prayer, it just hasn’t happened. So Christians why aren’t you out glorifying god, reattaching the severed limbs from the war victims in Iraq or causing people to regrow new limbs and proving the validity of your religion?

Why aren’t you healing amputees?

"You know not the scriptures, nor the power of God"... do you know why Jesus said this to the pharisees? He said this, because the pharisees had an unreal picture of who God is just as you do. If you would like to ask God this question, then go to the mirror and ask him. The kingdom of heaven is in you. Peace

bumpitty bump bump*

Man has healed amputees....

however these doctors that heal amputees do not make it protocol to pray towards a god beforehand

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join