It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won’t god heal amputees?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

letthereaderunderstand
The healing you are talking about is not what Jesus did....

As I keep repeating it’s exactly what Jesus did. “When the solders came to capture Jesus, one of them had his ear completely cut off. Jesus picked up the ear and reattached it to the guy’s head.

Now Jesus said that anyone who truly believes in him will be able to perform the same type of miracles he does and even greater miracles. So reattaching arms or legs or ears or noses or any other body part should be a simple matter of faith”

If you believe in Jesus, you can heal amputees. It's as simple as that

[edit on 28-8-2008 by andre18]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
If you believe in Jesus, you can heal amputees. It's as simple as that

yes simple as that. if you ignore several other scriptures.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
No, not at all. ‘in part’ has no resemblance to gifts – how can you possible get that kind of meaning? In part: partly, partially, to some extent, relatively etc…….. does not mean ‘gifts of the holy spirit’

read the scripture again.

¨Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know IN PART, and we prophesy IN PART. But when that which is perfect is come, then THAT WHICH IS IN PART shall be done away.¨

it couldnt be much clearer if it was tattooed to the inside of your eyelids.

prophecies, tongues, healing, were all considered gifts of the holy spirit. 1 cor 12:4- 11, 28-30 list all the ¨gifts¨ of the holy spirit.

the gifts are done away with, thats why christians cant heal amputated limbs, or cure cancer, or talk in other languages instantly or prophecy.

these served their purpose and where done away with.

i dont understand why thats not satisfactory for you.

How are acts of healing considered part of the gift of the holy spirit – what’s your reasoning for this?

1 cor 12:[9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another THE GIFTS OF HEALING BY THE SAME SPIRIT;
[10] To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
[11] But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

not that i know of.

Well drevill thought of one. “The state of isreal…. during a war that the Jews would have prayed for safety they get a land of their own again after thousands of years"

The reason I asked is because if miracles can happen through prayer (like the Jews praying for Israel) then yes that’s right, miracles can still happen through god. If miracles like that can happen 60 years ago then miracles like healing amputees should happen as well……….

why would God answer an unnecessary prayer (isreal having a nation is unnecessary to true worship) of a people who collectively rejected and continue to reject god´s son jesus?

there is no proof that god intervened.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

miriam, your very bias, drop it and you might learn something, the gifts are not done away with.

why argue about it, you got people on this side say the gifts are gone, people on the other side say no they are not. why pick a contraversial issue to argue about ?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81

miriam, your very bias, drop it and you might learn something, the gifts are not done away with.

why argue about it, you got people on this side say the gifts are gone, people on the other side say no they are not. why pick a contraversial issue to argue about ?
She is technically correct, it deals with the understanding of the "early and latter rains". It deals with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. The "early rains" were when Christ poured it out on the apostles to begin the church and to preach the good news. It's been relatively inactive for some time, but immediately prior to the rapture and during the tribulation "latter rains" there will be a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit once again.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

thats also another way to look at it, but nonetheless its a contraversial matter.

i have looked into where the contraversy comes from, and i see your point, but quite frankly im not impressed.

either way, should we really spend our time on contraversial matters ? i had my nose in contraversy of the bible for years, i have moved on. there is no point in it. its not a contest of who is right and wrong, salvation is not pending on interpretation of scripture.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
the gifts are not done away with.

so ignore the scripture that says it is?

because people use it as a pillar of faith. they assume that god will help them with selfish (not derogatory, just saying things concerning the self) things, and sometimes they are big things. then god doesnt help them and they are crushed.

there is no need for it.

right now, god's concern with us is the preaching of his word. to bring people into a relationship with him and to prepare for a new world were wickedness is done away with.

that is alot bigger than "us". it is alot bigger than me.

life was unfair for me. the hand i was delt was bull****. and now all i can do is wait to die. its unfair and if anyone deserves to ask god for a miracle, its probably me.

but the fact is, there is more to this world than me. god is helping me, but that is because he is helping everyone. he helping everyone to have a chance to get to know him (if they choose.)

and when that day comes when jesus resurrects the "righteous and unrighteous", and i wake up from being dead, then i can witness miracles in my behalf on a personal level.

this is what i belief, because this is what the bible says

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

does the scripture your referring to say that upon the bibles completion the gifts vanish, no it does not. you can twist it around to make that out sure.............

i respect your beliefs and will leave it at that.

im very sorry the hand you were dealt is....crap.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.carm.org...

i would just like you to read this miriam, it may be completely biased, but read it and tell me how this wrong.

you seem very knowledgeable, more so than me. so please have a look.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The process of regrowing a severed limb would be much too painful for the human mind. The
amputee would suffer major shock and trauma during this process, and would probably die
from the shock, or possible heart-attack. >> This is why God won't heal amputees.

Does God hate amputees, does he single them out, or is it a cruel test of faith?
Certainly not, he is avoiding a great deal of pain and suffering by not healing them.
When we hear of God curing cancer and many other illnesses, we know he is healing the
pain and suffering, not causing it.

God is glorious!

Life is more precious than an amputated limb.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My goodness, people ask questions, then when they are answered they refuse to accept.

The answer is in "Early and latter rains", it deals with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. It was poured out greatly in the first century "Early Rains". It will be poured out greatly again in the last days again "Latter Rains".

That stuff doesn't happen today, or in the past because of the work of the Holy Spirit. It will come to that time again right before the end.

"In Palestine the early rains prepare the soil for the seed sowing, and the latter rains ripen the grain for the harvest. So the early outpouring of the Spirit prepared the world for the extensive sowing of the gospel seed, and the final outpouring will come to ripen the golden grain for the harvest of the earth, which Christ says is "the end of the world." Matt. 13:37-39; Rev. 14:14,15."

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The Latter Rain is God's great end-time ministry. This concept as revealed in the Bible, comprises the restitution of the church to it's rightful place, the enormous last day revival soon to come and the harvest of souls before the great and terrible Day of the Lord. It is the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon all flesh promised to us in the last days and the restoration of apostolic and prophetic gifts. I have heard it explained like this, the latter rain, the latter reign and the latter rein; first the spiritual outpouring, then the spirit and Bride says come in power and authority and then the ingathering.

latter-rain.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

hmm, i think if questions were answered with the correct answer then it would be acceptable dont you think ?

just because someone answers questions with their own opinion doesnt mean its anymore valid then the next persons opinion.

i saw your opinion the first time, man some people just dont accept that its their opinion and insist its the answer....man

BTW: quoting bias websites doesnt count.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Excuse me, but this thread is about the Bible, about Apostlistic healing, and about the works of the Holy Spirit. Therefore with these things as the foundation of the OP, it is IMPERATIVE to answer Biblical questions with *gasp*, the Bible itself.

It's not my 'opinion', it's told to us in the Word of God itself. "Early and latter rains".

John 5:7:

"Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain."

It deals with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. It was greatly delt out in the first century (scripture) and it will be dealt out again right before Jesus Christ comes. (scripture)

It says at the end when it is poured out right before he comes, "latter rains", that men will prophecy again, men will heal again, etc.

Secondly, they aren't "biased" websites, they are websites that explain what the "early and latter rains" are/mean.

The answer to why healing doesn't happen now like it did during the first century has ben given. Today we are after the "early rains" of the Holy Spirit (first century), and before the "latter rains" of the Holy Spirit (prior to Jesus's 2nd coming).

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

ok, time to grow up, cant you see for yourself how many different variations of OPINIONS there are.

using the bible i can *gasp* come to a different conclusion than you.

its a matter of interpretation.

EDIT to add: this is why i should stay away from threads like this, because some know it all comes along thinking his OPINION and INTERPRETATION of the bible is the only one.

EDIT again for link:www.carm.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Okay, then you tell me what your interpretation of what the teachings about the "early and latter rains" is.

Show me with scripture where my 'interpretation' of scripture is wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
www.biblicalstudies.com...

Conclusion

I Corinthians 13:8-13 prophesies that with completed revelation (Scripture), the gifts of knowledge and prophecy were abolished, and that prior to that, tongues died off.

This passage, then, is a plain statement of the temporary character of some gifts. Specifically, the gifts of prophecy, tongues and knowledge were gone from the church by the end of the first century.[quote/]

what i was saying, as said in this link, is that differences from scripture vary.
at no point in time did i say your views on the early and latter rains were wrong. actually i agree.

what i have been refuting is that all gifts are done away with, some of them definitely are. there are some that are not.

www.contenderministries.org...

here is a link dealing with healing.

perhaps i should have been much more clear.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.cartesvituelles.infint.com...-HAVE%20THE%20GIFTS%20PASSED%20AWAY?

here is another view, there are so many, no wonder there are so many divisions in the church.

sorry but i just dont feel like typing all that out in my own words.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
We are sinners.

I am a non practicing christian but I have one thing to say to this. If Jesus died for our sins, shouldn't this not even be brought up? I was always confused with this line of thought in the bible. You can sin to your hearts content and right before you die you can ask for forgiveness and it will be granted? Is it really that easy to get into heaven? Why even have the 10 commandments if the sins don't matter until the end when God can just forgive you? I don't really know where I was going with this. Sorry. :p Either way I need to reread the bible again, I don't believe a majority of it but when you understand it and take some of the stories metaphorically it is a good read.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Okay, then you tell me what your interpretation of what the teachings about the "early and latter rains" is.

Show me with scripture where my 'interpretation' of scripture is wrong.

I (briefly) read through your link to the "latter-rain". It is a long article and I don't want to bore everyone with my commentary on it.

My problem with the "latter-rain movement" is that they do not address
2 Thess. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away (APOSTASY!) first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

APOSTASY comes BEFORE the END.

I don't believe the gifts of the Spirit have ended, and IN this belief, I am joined by BOTH the Roman Catholic Church and Pentecostals.

Neither do I deny a "latter-rain" (outpouring of the Spirit upon ALL flesh.)

I DO, however, deny an "end-time revival". 2 Thess 2:3 says otherwise, for it says a "falling away...FIRST!"

Furthermore, there is nothing in Scripture, that I can find, that "limits" this "latter rain" to ONLY the Saints.

This is a HUGE gaping hole that the "latter-rain movement" has failed to address. If they were to make the error of stating that God would NEVER allow "Apostates" or "the UNsaved" to be allowed to do any miracles, then they are going to need to explain (away) how Judas was able to have the SAME POWER given to him.

Matt 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them (ALL 12!) power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

They are also going to have to explain (away) what Jesus said in Matt 24 (while making a prophecy about the END):

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

The "latter-rain movement" seems to think that God authorized the "latter-rain" only to fall upon the "wheat" to make it ready for harvest. God makes no such promise, that I'm aware of. In fact, it seems Jesus said something different:

Matt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

BECAUSE the "latter-rain movement" (by definition) presumes a "latter-rain" BEFORE the "harvest", it is clear this "latter-rain" will fall on all of the field.

Not just the WHEAT, but the TARES, also.

Another proof verse:
Matt 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

And another:
It appears that EVEN the "revolting" and "rebellious" in Jer 5:23-24 NOTE the early and latter rain but REFUSE to say in their heart: "let us now fear the Lord our God,":

Jer 5:24 Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.

And still another:
Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

AND THEN...in the END...they will say:
Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

...and JESUS will say:
Matt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join