It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won’t god heal amputees?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
when did jesus reattach the soldiers ear, yeah the soldiers ear was cut off, but where does the bible say that? or where does any literature say that at all ?

god told abraham to kill his brother? sounds like someone spouting off about something they have no clue about.

this is definitely a strawman type argument, try learning about something before you go around acting like you know what youre talking about, at least give it a little thought.

if this is where you get your kicks, making strawman arguments, then more power to ya.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
when did jesus reattach the soldiers ear, yeah the soldiers ear was cut off, but where does the bible say that? or where does any literature say that at all ?

It's right there in the Gospel of Luke. Pretty common Bible knowledge too.

Luke 22

50And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.

51But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.

But yes you are correct. The OP is woefully ignorant of the actual Bible. He surfs canard laden hate websites for his little tidbits of ignorance and makes threads like it is original work. It so easy to debunk - it's almost fun. But yeah this whole thread is derivative of a feeble website that asks the same questions. When you are opposed to truth -- all you have is straw men.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

it says he touched the man ear and it was healed, it DID NOT say that he reattached the ear, that should be common bible knowledge.

i suppose though we could speculate that the ear was reattached, but it would just be speculation.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

it says he touched the man ear and it was healed, it DID NOT say that he reattached the ear, that should be common bible knowledge.

Is the word healed not clear?

In Mathew, Jesus instructs Peter to put his sword away after injuring the soldier and an important message is delivered to those who live through violence.

For he who draws the sword, dies by the sword

Peace

[edit on 23-8-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Peace

is the word speculation not clear.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

healed could have meant stopping the bleeding, not necassarily that the ear was magically attached back on.

but if speculation is your game, so be it.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Basic deduction proves it .

50And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. 51But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.

The mans ear is cut off - so it is laying on the ground and the man is bleeding. Did Jesus touch the mans wounded head and heal him? NO He touched his EAR. Which he would have had to pick up off the ground and healed him

Case closed.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

case definitely not closed, could it be possible that jesus touched where the mans ear was, now im speculating.......rrrr

ok case closed lets move on.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

healed could have meant stopping the bleeding, not necassarily that the ear was magically attached back on.

Speculation? You just used the words 'could have' yet you accuse someone else of using speculation?

[edit on 8/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

but you said...

i suppose though we could speculate that the ear was reattached, but it would just be speculation.

Whose game is speculation again?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
ok read my post again, go up a couple of posts ok, now notice where i mentioned that i was speculating, i can admit when im wrong, can we move on.

i have never thought about the ear thing like that, it was good to learn something new today, sorry if i ruffled some feathers.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Hey cool I respect that! - you made me examine it carefully - but it says ear - it means what it says. It's just this thread and the OP always posts these hate monger strawmen tacitcs - which you pointed out as well - Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

thanks man, i examined it very carefully as well, i even tried looking at different translations in hope that i could find a loophole, but notta.

ya learn something new everyday.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

The first half of the first verse that I listed above, I left off but it says that Pharisees from every town in Judea came out to see him. So, it was not a secret that Jesus was healing.
The Jews who ran the Temple believed that people were sick or crippled as a sign of their sinfulness, so they did not allow these people in. If someone had been healed, it might not be a good idea to advertise that you had been, until recently, one of these despised people.Better to get a clean bill of health first.

A Pharisee
G5330 Pharisaios far-is-ah'-yos
of Hebrew origin (compare H6567);a separatist, i.e. exclusively religious; a Pharisean, i.e. Jewish sectary:--Pharisee.
H6567 parash paw-rash'a primitive root;
to separate, literally (to disperse) or figuratively (to specify); also (by
implication) to wound:-- scatter, declare, distinctly, shew, sting.

Would a Christian or any other Religion by todays standards fit this description? One who is a separatist or exclusively religious? I'm talking about the ones that don't listen to secular music only to idolize Christian stars, the ones who go about speaking of "the good news", yet aren't letting the homeless into there house for rest, the ones who preach hell to unbelievers and judge the innocent.

He came not to call the Just into repentance, but the sick. The ones void of understanding of who "the son of man" is, the ones walking in sin unrepentant of their impurity. The laws of purity are for living long and being healthy, because "God is holy (inside), so shall you be holy". You've heard "the body is the temple"? He desires, A Holy Body.

The ones living in impurity having not produced for the Lord, are in danger of "Ruining their land (body) and Killing their people (you are your ancestors home having the life in your blood).

He makes this call in the spirit of those. They are small in number. Many produce and have children and so, how they raise them, dictates their Kingdom Come Quality. The kingdom you raise is the kingdom you inhabit.

He had much to say regarding them, yet they could not bare it at that time.

The spirit manifests in the flesh to those of who, "have the ax at the roots". The ones in grave danger of "being scattered to the wind" having no mansion in the kingdom of the world to come. In his fathers house. When speaking to the pharisees of the Temple ("separatist of the body", as all are part of the body), he was always speaking of the body, not a building.

He told them not to tell because, He comes in with a tongue and sunders you whole apart from your sin with threat and alarm waiting upon you as the adversary till you repent, with warning of your destruction. "Those in darkness have seen a great light"

If you die, without offspring, blood is upon your head, because the life is in the blood, so to, must you sacrifice yourself and raise a new generation. His salvation is generation to generation forever.

"Therefore a man must leave his mother and father and cling inside the woman of him, and the two become one flesh." This was not speaking of marriage, it was speaking of regeneration. "And a child shall lead them, and the ability of the kingdom will be on his shoulders"...Generation to generation forever. Jesus, a false name, is "Self existent is salvation". He knows all men, because he is with all mankind, from the greatest to the least. He is next to you at school, he rings your groceries, he asks why won't God heal amputees, he posts Luke on the Internet, his reward is always with him, and in all is he judged.

God is for all and bares all. He is not a religion, he is our life. Judge none, lest ye yourself be judged. This is "Pull the board out of your own eye, before trying to pull the speck from another". When you have the witness, of "self existent is salvation" you are "beheaded" losing the privilege of solace of thought. Some call this "schizophrenia", but it is so because your mind becomes witness against you. People have conscience, yet don't know what it is. It is the generations of those past, the akhasic record stored in your chromosomes, your "light bodies". It is where you derive your talents, skills, abilities, being many generations before you, your gifts.

To die without a progeny is to rob God who is inside not out. The cross, is the passover, is the act of making love and inseminating a new seed, which the spirit goes forth to make a place for you, that where he is, you shall be remembered also. God only keeps 10% remembering the good and trashing the rest.

Every wonder why they say that? You only use 10% of your brain? You use all of your brain, only you remember, not your whole family beginning to end, just parents, grandparents, maybe great grand parents. "Do this in remembrance of me"...To remember is to enlighten upon the past but also to RE-Member. Foster bad memories and your life gets worse, "if you think it, you've done it". Repent from those things and know the Good and no one can keep you down regardless of the past. In him you are a new creation...a son of man. "Be not unequally yolked, for the lord desires holy offspring" ....

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You're putting an awful lot of emphasis on our physical relationships with our spouses. My husband is a great man. Matter of fact, I've been with him for almost twenty five years, he's been a good provider and met my physical needs. But know this, Jesus is not the other man in my life , he's my main man. Flesh counts for nothing and spirit is everything. Our physical bodies are nothing but soiled clothing, that will fall away and rot one day. Why cling to things that are going to rot? If an ordinary man or woman meet each others physical needs - how do you think the Saviour meets spiritual needs? Why do you think there are sooooo many references to weddings, banquets, friends of the groom, bride, etc..??

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Now most people I talk to say god doesn’t work like that – he casts out devils, he heals the sick but loosing a limb isn’t exactly a sickness. If the bible stories are to be taken literality then god works exactly like that.

When the solders came to capture Jesus, one of them had his ear completely cut off. Jesus picked up the ear and reattached it to the guy’s head. Now Jesus said that anyone who truly believes in him will be able to perform the same type of miracles he does and even greater miracles. So reattaching arms or legs or ears or noses or any other body part should be a simple matter of faith.

So why aren’t Christians doing it? There’s not been a single recorded event of anyone having a limb grow back or be reattached by prayer, it just hasn’t happened. So Christians why aren’t you out glorifying god, reattaching the severed limbs from the war victims in Iraq or causing people to regrow new limbs and proving the validity of your religion?

Why aren’t you healing amputees?
The answer lies in the "Early and Latter Rains". Hint: It deals with the Holy Spirit. Our job is to spread the gospel, not to heal sick or to perform miracles, any "healer" you see on T.V. is a fraud and deceiver for $$$.

The two prophets of Revelation will have that power.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

You're putting an awful lot of emphasis on our physical relationships with our spouses. My husband is a great man. Matter of fact, I've been with him for almost twenty five years, he's been a good provider and met my physical needs. But know this, Jesus is not the other man in my life , he's my main man. Flesh counts for nothing and spirit is everything. Our physical bodies are nothing but soiled clothing, that will fall away and rot one day. Why cling to things that are going to rot? If an ordinary man or woman meet each others physical needs - how do you think the Saviour meets spiritual needs? Why do you think there are sooooo many references to weddings, banquets, friends of the groom, bride, etc..??

Hello Myrtales, thanks for your response.

I am glad to hear that about you and your husband, congrats on twenty five years.

I am putting emphasis on the truth. Does no one marvel at the miracle of human life? Do you not peer into the womb over 40 weeks of fetal solitude seeing the spirit weave the body from one cell into a living soul? Have you not pondered being born of water and blood, how after a 150 days of deluge upon the surface of the ground, yet the earth is dried after the water breaks?

"In my fathers Kingdom their are many mansions. If it were not so, I would of told you. I go to prepare a place for you, that were I am, you may be also." "But woe, unto the one who betrays him....He is the one who dips his hand in the dish with me to eat bread"

Do you understand why the apostles were confused when told to pick up every scrap of bread left after the feeding of 5000 with 2 fish and 5 cakes of bread? Do you understand why fish were always involved when feeding the crowds, but not at the last supper using only bread?

Peace to you

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Peace

Let me solve this issue once and for all. "Healed" used in Luke 22:51 in English is a direct translation of the Greek word: "iaomai" meaning:

1. to cure, or to make WHOLE.

There is no 'speculation' to it when you look at the original Greek, sorry the English translation leads you to falsely believe the mans ear "wasn't made whole" again.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Peace

Let me solve this issue once and for all. "Healed" used in Luke 22:51 in English is a direct translation of the Greek word: "iaomai" meaning:

1. to cure, or to make WHOLE.

There is no 'speculation' to it when you look at the original Greek, sorry the English translation leads you to falsely believe the mans ear "wasn't made whole" again.

Peace!

Peace to you,

I wanted to add with you to your insight about the two words before "heals". "And touching the ear" "He heals him."

Touching
G680 haptomai hap'-tom-ahee reflexive of G681;properly, to attach oneself to, i.e. to touch (in many implied relations):--touch.
G681 hapto hap'-to a primary verb;properly, to fasten to, i.e. (specially) to set on fire:--kindle, light.

EARshell (Earlobe)
G5621 otion o-tee'-ondiminutive of G3775; an earlet, i.e. one of the ears, or perhaps the lobe of the ear:--ear.
G3775 ous ooce apparently a primary word;the ear (physically or mentally):--ear.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
last 2 posters are a little late, and apparently dont want to read ALL POSTS.

give it a rest, this was all settled already, myself and bigwhammy handled it like adults, try it sometime.

amazing you get people like ashleyd and so on after her, add nothing even after it is settled, you people are unbelievable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join