It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won’t god heal amputees?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Now most people I talk to say god doesn’t work like that – he casts out devils, he heals the sick but loosing a limb isn’t exactly a sickness. If the bible stories are to be taken literality then god works exactly like that.

When the solders came to capture Jesus, one of them had his ear completely cut off. Jesus picked up the ear and reattached it to the guy’s head. Now Jesus said that anyone who truly believes in him will be able to perform the same type of miracles he does and even greater miracles. So reattaching arms or legs or ears or noses or any other body part should be a simple matter of faith.

So why aren’t Christians doing it? There’s not been a single recorded event of anyone having a limb grow back or be reattached by prayer, it just hasn’t happened. So Christians why aren’t you out glorifying god, reattaching the severed limbs from the war victims in Iraq or causing people to regrow new limbs and proving the validity of your religion?

Why aren’t you healing amputees?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
HAHA you know I really enjoy your posts. Mostly because no one ever gives you a straight answer about their twisted religion.

And they can't give you an answer for this one either. They will just say it's gods will that they not be healed. Why wouldn't it be gods will to heal someone and help them out?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
They can't because they are unaware that what they have been fed is all lies. The Bible is made up stories. The Bible says that God told Abraham to kill his brother. That doesn't even make sense. I have no religious afiiliation but I do know that you could "potentially" control a whole mass of people with the stories that are in there.

There is a way to heal amputees though I've never experienced it specifically. I've done healings for people in regard to sickness (a simple cold), fevers, and headaches. If you understand how energy works, you can pull these things out of most people, or in this case but it back together. IMO it would take many, many people simultaneously delving deep into their consciousness all with one united cause. Sounds crazy but I think it's possible. The power of thought is incredibly unknown

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Now most people I talk to say god doesn’t work like that – he casts out devils, he heals the sick but loosing a limb isn’t exactly a sickness. If the bible stories are to be taken literality then god works exactly like that.

When the solders came to capture Jesus, one of them had his ear completely cut off. Jesus picked up the ear and reattached it to the guy’s head. Now Jesus said that anyone who truly believes in him will be able to perform the same type of miracles he does and even greater miracles. So reattaching arms or legs or ears or noses or any other body part should be a simple matter of faith.

So why aren’t Christians doing it? There’s not been a single recorded event of anyone having a limb grow back or be reattached by prayer, it just hasn’t happened. So Christians why aren’t you out glorifying god, reattaching the severed limbs from the war victims in Iraq or causing people to regrow new limbs and proving the validity of your religion?

Why aren’t you healing amputees?

"You know not the scriptures, nor the power of God"... do you know why Jesus said this to the pharisees? He said this, because the pharisees had an unreal picture of who God is just as you do. If you would like to ask God this question, then go to the mirror and ask him. The kingdom of heaven is in you. Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've heard of it happening.
A child that had NO eyes received sight, dead being raised....

Jesus put an ear back on a roman soldier!
I've personally prayed for a woman with a second-degree burn and the Lord took ALL her pain!

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
They can't because they are unaware that what they have been fed is all lies. The Bible is made up stories. The Bible says that God told Abraham to kill his brother. That doesn't even make sense. I have no religious afiiliation but I do know that you could "potentially" control a whole mass of people with the stories that are in there.

There is a way to heal amputees though I've never experienced it specifically. I've done healings for people in regard to sickness (a simple cold), fevers, and headaches. If you understand how energy works, you can pull these things out of most people, or in this case but it back together. IMO it would take many, many people simultaneously delving deep into their consciousness all with one united cause. Sounds crazy but I think it's possible. The power of thought is incredibly unknown

God told Abraham to kill his son, not his brother. In other words "Self-existent" told "father of many nations" to kill "laughter".

To be healed means to be stopped. When you pull a child back about to run into traffic, you are healing them. Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
HAHA you know I really enjoy your posts. Mostly because no one ever gives you a straight answer about their twisted religion.

And they can't give you an answer for this one either. They will just say it's gods will that they not be healed. Why wouldn't it be gods will to heal someone and help them out?

Is your will to see them healed?

They will say that, because they don't know what heal even means. King James was a very smart man and knew how to work the invention of the printing press for political reasons not for spiritual ones. This in no way detracts from a persons faith, just their knowledge of what the real words meant. If they knew what the real words meant, then they would know magic is just that...magic, none the less they believe and it comforts them. Jesus said, gouge out your eye if it causes you to sin or cut off your hand, yet you don't see them doing that. Then they would be amputees. That makes for a lot of work. Cut it off, re attach...whew....long day.

Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

If they knew what the real words meant, then they would know magic is just that...magic,

The power of God was given to Jesus to heal people.
He was not making people just think they were being healed.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
First where in the Bible did God promise to heal amputees - oh he never did. So this is just a strawman argument against God.

Second - you get one body - 2 arms - 2 legs - its one thing to heal a disease - but - new body parts is not what is called healing. Man sinned and brought death and suffering into the world. We don't deserve healing. We are sinners.

Third - this life on earth is very brief and it was never promised that it would be easy for anyone. In fact the opposite:

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

God uses suffering and challenges to mature and test people. The story of Job is clear on that. The immature whine like babies and blame God. The mature serve God and are grateful for what they do have.

Fourth - God does heal all wounds in heaven - we are promised new bodies - in light of eternity - the suffering on this earth will be quickly forgotten as trivial.

[edit on 8/22/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

ROFL - straw men never cease.

That is so trivial to answer that it's a joke. We do not deserve it!!! Man sinned and rebelled against God. So why should he help anyone? Everyone deserves hell - period. But God is extremely gracious and offers you the chance to redeem yourself. How have you responded? With demands and arrogance? -and you have to ask silly questions like this?

If you have ever told one lie - you are a liar.
If you have ever stolen anything - you are a thief.
Ever been angry at someone? - your a murderer.

You are promised redemption in Heaven if you trust in Christ and repent now. You expect the pay off before the work - all the while engaging in sin.
God does not owe you a thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

If they knew what the real words meant, then they would know magic is just that...magic,

The power of God was given to Jesus to heal people.
He was not making people just think they were being healed.

I can witness to your statement that it is of the truth. Let me ask you a question. Do you know why it is that Jesus told the people who he had "healed" not to tell anyone what had happened to them, only to go show themselves to the priests and give glory to god?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Think about it. If healing amputees was in the works back then, Jesus would have seen to it John's head was reattached.

letthereaderunderstand - let's hear what you got.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Do you know why it is that Jesus told the people who he had "healed" not to tell anyone what had happened to them, only to go show themselves to the priests and give glory to god?

The first half of the first verse that I listed above, I left off but it says that Pharisees from every town in Judea came out to see him. So, it was not a secret that Jesus was healing.
The Jews who ran the Temple believed that people were sick or crippled as a sign of their sinfulness, so they did not allow these people in. If someone had been healed, it might not be a good idea to advertise that you had been, until recently, one of these despised people.
Better to get a clean bill of health first.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

First where in the Bible did God promise to heal amputees - oh he never did. So this is just a strawman argument against God.

Excuse me…..god shouldn’t need to promise anything, he should just do it. When a human being is in pain god should just help out of care. What kind of monster do you worship? And as far as what’s said in the bible, god actually did promise to heal amputees.

As I said before “Jesus said that anyone who truly believes in him will be able to perform the same type of miracles he does…so reattaching arms or legs…should be a simple matter of faith.”

If Jesus said we can heal amputees – we apparently can.

Second - you get one body - 2 arms - 2 legs - its one thing to heal a disease - but - new body parts is not what is called healing.

Did you even read my post at all? “Now most people I talk to say god doesn’t work like that – he casts out devils, he heals the sick but loosing a limb isn’t exactly a sickness. If the bible stories are to be taken literality then god works exactly like that.”

Jesus healed the soldier so we should all be able to heal amputees.

Man sinned and brought death and suffering into the world. We don't deserve healing. We are sinners.

But Jesus healed the sick 2000 years ago – they obviously deserved healing then so we should now as well. And if we don’t deserve to be healed, then why do you pray to god when you or a loved one is sick….? If you believe praying for the sick helps then we obviously do deserve to be healed by god so your entire post makes no sense.

God uses suffering and challenges to mature and test people.

I hope you’re not serious. What kind of sicko is this god you worship?....think of all the suffering people go through everyday – the starving children in Africa for goodness sake and you’re telling me it’s just a test….WHAT????? How does pain cause maturity?

Everyone deserves hell - period. But God is extremely gracious

:w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w:

[edit on 23-8-2008 by andre18]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
hello

1 John 5:14-15 KJV

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us

david

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

If you have ever told one lie - you are a liar. (an act)
If you have ever stolen anything - you are a thief. (an act)
Ever been angry at someone? - your a murderer. (a thought)

Just wanted to point out that you have to physically kill someone to be considered a murderer, being angry at some one and not killing that person does not make one a murderer.

Modern science can reattach limbs to amputees if the limbs and the victims are brought to a modern hospital in time and in certain conditions, there's no telling what medical science can do in the future, regrow limbs?

In an earlier age, anyone who may have medical skill and ability to reattach limbs but is not religious maybe considered a "witch/warlock"?

The doctors now are performing lots of medical mircales that people of the earlier times can only dream of, more so in the possible future?

In the past, only the most talented and gifted surgeons could perform these procedures, these days it is becoming more and more common.

In time, even machines will be able to fix them.

And the thing is, they (people and possible machines) do not need to believe in a god to be able to do what they do. They just have the medical knowledge to do so and more with time.

If one is lucky enough to find a faith healer in our modern who can reattach amputated limbs, go for it.

If not? Do the next best thing, go to your nearest modern hospital with the amputated limb packed with ice in the shortest amount of time possible.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by ixiy]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy

Just wanted to point out that you have to physically kill someone to be considered a murderer, being angry at some one and not killing that person does not make one a murderer.

He's referring to Jesus' words in the New Testament where He states being angry at someone is the same as murder. In Jesus' eyes, simply being angry at a person was the same as murder. Similar to lusting after a woman was the same as adultery.

'Even your thoughts will condemn you.' -Jesus.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I find God to be spiteful and very twisted. In my situation, I had calcium spurs grow in my spinal canal which put pressure on my spine and had to have surgery to give my spine more room because the spurs were inoperable. after having surgery I wound up paralyzed.

As I sit and try to figure out what happen and what caused to there is only a few answers. The doctor explained it like this ffor why they are there. Some people get calcium spurs on there wrist and heals and others joins, I just got unlucky. He said that this was cause by genetics. Well who is in charged of genetics, it leads me to one person who caused this. That's right, GOD. I look at like this, I didn't want them and didn't put them there, my parents didn't and nobody I know did it. So that only leave one person, you know who.

Well prior to surgery, I was scared, like anyone else would be, and did what we are ingrained to do in situations like this, and that is pray. Well all that praying did me little good. I wound up paralyzed from the waist down.

Now instead of praying to GOD, I blame him. He could have prevented this and I did what he asked, I prayed and everything, and I still got screwed. People say that I am wrong for thinking that and being like that, but you know, spend an hour in my shoes.

This God guy really is like a petty child, with the powers of the world. One, he wants you to worship him or else you are going to burn in hell. Then he is going to take something major away form you and make you worship him more and the hopes that he will give it back. People call it "Gods challenges" or "God's plan". It is almost a sadist masochist relationship. It put the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose again. That is about the relationship that we have with him.

So needless to say, I am no longer happy and infatuated with God and Jesus as some people get. I just can't get happy about worshiping petty gods.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

He's referring to Jesus' words in the New Testament where He states being angry at someone is the same as murder. In Jesus' eyes, simply being angry at a person was the same as murder. Similar to lusting after a woman was the same as adultery.

'Even your thoughts will condemn you.' -Jesus.

Thanks for the heads up.

I see now how the young, the old and everyone maybe considered "sinners" with their untrain, unrestricted, unconditioned and impure "thoughts" to some religions, which may include babies who did not have the chance to prove themselves in life unlike others who lived.

(not directed at you)

I wonder if souls who had lived in punishing environments get judged less harshy.

The test would hardly be accurate if some souls lived in better more wonderful conditions while others lived theirs in much more horrible conditions. (amputees, diseases, deformities, environments, etc. "even if the devil did it")

I guess it is a matter of perspective.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by ixiy]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The test would hardly be accurate if some souls lived in better more wonderful conditions while others lived theirs in much more horrible conditions. (amputees, diseases, deformities, environments, etc. "even if the devil did it")

I have to disagree. The 'test' wouldn't be too hard for a beautiful, wealthy, healthy, and intelligent person to love and follow God. Like the saying goes, a child who is never told 'no' never misbehaves. It's easy to love God when you are blessed.

On the other hand, there is a story in the New Testament concerning a blind man. The court was convinced he was that way due to sin. But Jesus said that was not true and that He was blind for the Glory of God.

Some might not agree with me but look at the typical victim of Down Syndrome. They are some of the sweetest, most innocent people I have ever met. They reflect the heart of Jesus far more than, what would be deemed, a 'normal' person.

I'm not at all impressed to see a pastor with a private Jet, a mansion, and a private limo glorifying God. So what? But what blesses me to my toes are people like Joseph Merrick (more famously known as 'The Elephant Man') who absolutely ADORED God and gave glory to Him in all things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join