It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name on government watch list threatens pilot's career

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Name on government watch list threatens pilot's career

www.cnn.com

Scherfen served in the U.S. military for 13 years, as an Army infantryman in the first Gulf War and then as a helicopter pilot in the National Guard. After receiving an honorable discharge, he was hired as a pilot by Colgan Air Inc., a regional airline operating in the Northeast and Texas.

In April, Colgan informed Scherfen that he was on a government list and would be suspended from his job. He was told he faced termination on September 1 unless he was able to clear his name.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I find it really outrageous that people in charge (whoever they are, as you can imagine it's pretty hopeless to figure out) are so immune to accountability -- without ANY explanation, one can land on the watch list and basically be driven into poverty and unable to travel! I guess Americans get accustomed to how their freedoms are being eroded by neocons.

Note, from the article, that the problem is massive and has hit many individuals across the country.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If that happens I think the ACLU should get involved..

Or does this guy actually work for bin laden? in that case fry him..

But i doubt above text is true so.. they should get involved wit this cause it will be bs if they fire him for something that isn't in his control..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
If that happens I think the ACLU should get involved..

They are already but all inquiries get bumped to TSA which doesn't have time or willingness to sort it out. It's really disturbing how powerless we can be in the face of New Order that Bush visited on us.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
How does one "Clear his name" from this list?
I mean, it's already hard enough to check it without being a large company.

And the means of adding people to it seem to obey no rules, hence, once he clears his name, he could be added right back to it again.

... I guess the government thinks ex military personnel are too dangerous to be allowed to live in the states.
... Even children have been added to that list... those diapers... who knows what they're carrying.

Ridiculous. What a waste of space the US government is.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow just when you think there are no more layers of retarded to explore.
The government takes it to a whole new level!

Is there anyway to check this list as an individual?
Id really like to see it.

I could even get some of the local media involved if
I found stuff like this on it.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There have been other threads pointing out how ridiculous these lists are. There are even Senators on the list if I remember correctly.

Just goes to show how all this security doesn't really protect us at all. Here's this pilot on the watch list, about to lose his job. If he were a terrorist, he would have already smacked his plane into a building.

Wake up people, the government will not protect you! In fact, the opposite seems to be true at this point.

I don't fear another faux Arab attack next time, I fear a rogue B-52. Read about the Barksdale missile incident...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I got the nagging feeling that this how our fascist government is going to control the population of growing dissenters that are getting to big for the stability and function of the new NWO.

Just have your name on the people of special interest and be eventually ostracized from society.

Next will be your credit approvals, buying powers and bank accounts.

What a way to go.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Just have your name on the people of special interest and be eventually ostracized from society.

Next will be your credit approvals, buying powers and bank accounts.

What a way to go.

You know, nobody really needs the crap you talked about above..

Society is a big ass joke.. People have lived without that for longer than we have known..

In the end many people will end up doing that again.. Not because they want to.. mostly cause of need.

If things get out of hand most people like is on ATS will find a better way out of the craphole society put us in.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And then of course there are all the people who are forced to live like illegal Mexicans because their credit is shot, most often through no fault of their own.

My aunt had her identity stolen, and now she can't even get a supermarket discount card.

Try getting an apartment after your credit was wiped out by overdue medical bills. Even if I had the money for the deposit, I would still be homeless because no one will rent to someone without a credit check.

EIDT to add: I was also unemployed for almost a year. One of the big reasons was that I have bad credit. A lot of the jobs I applied to do a credit check. If your work has anything to do with money, they will do a credit check. I couldn't even get a job bagging groceries because of bad credit. Also, I had been hired as a security officer one place, and a loss prevention officer at another, and was let go the same day because of bad credit.

[edit on 8/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
We had a thread no so long ago about people been denied credit because their names were on the watch list or at least their name were close enough to match people in the list.

But this was no government doing it was the credit agencies doing this.

It was quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Is the government trying to fulfill its own speculation? I mean, put someone innocent on a terror watch list, force them out of a job and livelihood, make them have nothing to live for, maybe then they will commit an act of terrorism against the government, then they can say "See, we told you so."

How many lists are there? The story say's, "U.S. Justice Department said it will not confirm or deny that the couple's names are on a watch list for national security and privacy reasons." What the heck does that mean?!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There was a video on yahoo news, a few days ago, that showed another airline pilot on the watch list. He shared his name with a lawyer who worked for high level goverment officials, and a four year old boy.

The mother of the four year old said that she cannot take her son on any flights because of his name.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I swear, if I was ever stopped at an airport, even for one of those extra checks, because my name was on some crazy fake list, I would not be able to control myself. I would without a shadow of a doubt end up in jail that day, because I would feel like my entire life had come crashing down...

For anyone who thinks that is a bit extreme, think about it. It is no different than being wrongly convicted of murder.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Its funny how they get away with things like this by claiming to be protecting the public.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ya, because God knows that we need protecting from the people that think they are protecting us

One of my local Fox (I know I know) newscasters is actually on the list and did a story about it. He secretly videotaped everything that happend at the airport. He then contacted TSA and they said it was FBI buisness. Contacted FBI and they said contact TSA...good God.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
the problem is, the guy's wife is not just pakistani, she's also political. and he's a convert to islam.

i'm not saying all muslims are terrorists. but terrorists often do use seemingly innocuous fronts (such as his wife's book business) to obfuscate more sinister machinations.

probably, the man and his wife are peaceful, law abiding citizens with no ties to extremism. but this isn't one of the cases where someone ended up on the list for no reason at all, or because they happened to have the same last name as someone else. the red flags are pretty obvious.

that said, i do hope he's able to clear his name if he has nothing to hide.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
And then of course there are all the people who are forced to live like illegal Mexicans because their credit is shot, most often through no fault of their own.

Bring it on I say...

Bow to me and we will find you a home... feed you...

just for a little service... we will teach you to play with the boys...

To hell with the TV We have live entertainment... the fire at night the drums the ....

Taking Oaths now.... line forms at the right....

And you thought it was just an AVATAR

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Welcome to the "new" america where no one not even the citizens are immune from reckless post 9/11 laws and practices. This will hapen more and more often. I read on the net today that the FBI is pushing for the right to investigate anyone in the US without any suspicion at all of any crime. Then theres those new taser bracelets that can give the wearer a jolt strong enough to totally knock you out for a few minutes. Our goverment is looking into possible usage for airline travel, where each passenger would where one on there wrist. Im sure you can figure out the rest.

Welcome to your new america, where security is not a option.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Sound like a new TV show come on down your on the LIST oh!! and what do i get? Well if you hurry right now we can offer you a life time pain

Just when i think i have heard it all this kind of thing comes along,kinda reminds me of the new movie out called (Rendition) Hey we will take your freedom away and you can not ask any questions or have any rights

Just makes me wonder where and when will it stop ? and how do you stop this?

Sorry to say i'm glad i don't live in your country

Only a matter of time before it's get to my country i guess

[edit on 23-8-2008 by duffster]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join