It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Clearances Info!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Many wonder what it takes to work and be a part of these cover-ups. Many say that you need a Security Clearance higher then Top Secret, in truth, there isn't anything higher then Top Secret, there are levels of TS, such as mine TS-SCI (Top Secret-Sensitive Compartmentalized Information). But in truth you have to be specially picked for these jobs, go through more background checks, undergo a Polygraph, as well as an interview where you would sign many Non-Disclosure Agreements, military form, SF312, (Standard Form 312). Trust me Ive asked questions as a member of Military Intel. I asked one of my instructors during training if there are levels above TS and we talked a little about it, he also mention that there was a time in his Intel work that he went off the books for a while, and we all know what that means.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
OP as a ex member of the Military myself i am well aware of the different levels of clearance that can be issued however for those that are not aware please explain what you mean by "Off the books" Please do not assume that everyone knows what you mean. I imagine you mean off the grid but please explain for those that do not know and explain how deep going off the grid can be.

Also what branch of intel are you in, How long have you served etc

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well, yes, it can mean going off the grid, or basically disappearing from existence all together in a way, like you no longer exist for that period of time. When you get into something so Top Secret and covered that your Erased, no name, no identity, as to help better conceal what needs to be concealed and helps keep individuals involved from talking. I'm Army Intel as an Analyst, I work on Security Clearance and other work like that while not in a deployed environment, i cant talk about what I do really when in the deployed environment. Thats just part of the world of Intel. Ive always thought it would be interesting and exciting to be apart of something so Secret and guarded, one reason I went into this job, in the hopes I could become someone more "in the know".

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What does this have to do with Aliens? Do aliens have some kind of clearance Im not aware of?

By the way, I have the most secret clearance in the U.S. Govt. you can get. In fact, its so secret, that when you mention it, sensors light up in Crisis Procedure Control Center in D.C. I was once in charger of all Top Secret OPs everywhere in the world. I quit cause they wouldn't let me take an hour long lunch break. Now I just run the whole U.S. shadow govt., so if anyone has any questions, I'll do my best. Advice: Stay away from McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ha, funny! I actually posted this in Aliens and general areas, because it has to do with working in Classified areas that could deal with Aliens and UFO activities, so thanks for the Sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziegenbagel
Ha, funny! I actually posted this in Aliens and general areas, because it has to do with working in Classified areas that could deal with Aliens and UFO activities, so thanks for the Sarcasm.

Sorry, just trying to add some levity to the situation. You govt. guys are all alike. It would just kill you to crack a smile. Have fun in the bunker with all the other drones.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If your telling the truth I'm kind of jealous...

Your instructor may have been lying to you... or maybe he doesn't know that higher clearances exist... if I was in your position I would be trying to learn as much about UFO's as possible

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ziegenbagel

My brother had a Top Secret classification and never discussed it. If you have anything above Secret, that information is considered Confidential, so you could be breaking military law by stating what classification you have. I had a Secret when I was in the Air Force, and you have to fill out a lot of paperwork for that, and answer questions in an interview.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

My brother had a Top Secret classification and never discussed it. If you have anything above Secret, that information is considered Confidential, so you could be breaking military law by stating what classification you have. I had a Secret when I was in the Air Force, and you have to fill out a lot of paperwork for that, and answer questions in an interview.

The fact that you have that clearance isnt classified, now telling exactly what I do with it is, and you' never get to know what I know. Because some times not even I want to know.

And to the other...I Wish I could find out more, but just because you have a clearance doesnt mean you can just find out everything. The Intel world is like a building, with many many rooms, but you only have an access card for maybe one or two rooms, because everything has to do with "Need to know", if you dont have a need to know, then you wont know. Thats what Ive heard about many classified locations, IE Area 51, where only the individuals working on the current project that is out in the open are allowed out of there sound proof, windowless bunkers.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Heres a basic list of known clearances used for security purposes:

These clearances listed below are "set" clearances.
1C or 2C - Federal
3C or 4C - Federal
5C or 6C - Federal
ADP 1
ADP 2
CIA Lifestyle Polygraph
COMSEC
CONFIDENTIAL
Cosmic Top Secret - ATOMAL/CTSA
DEA Clearance
DISA
DISCO
DOD
DOD Lifestyle Polygraph
DOD Secret
DOD - Top Secret SSBI
DOE - Nuclear
DOE - C
DOE - L
DOE - Q
DOJ � NACI
DOJ - Sensitive
DOJ - Secret
DOJ - Top Secret
EBI - Extended Background Investigation
FAA Clearance
FBI
Foreign Government Information
Industrial Clearance
Inactive Clearance
Inactive Top Secret Crypto
Interim Secret
Interim Top Secret
Interim TS / SCI
IRS - MBI
ISSA / CISSP
MBI (IRS)
NAC
NASA
NATO
NATO Secret
NSA Lifestyle Polygraph
Position of Public Trust 1C
Position of Public Trust 2C
Position of Public Trust 3C
Position of Public Trust 4C
Position of Public Trust 5C
Position of Public Trust 6C
Polygraph - Counterintelligence
Polygraph - Full Scope / Lifestyle
SAR
S - Secret
Secret COMSEC
Secret SBI
SIDA - Secured Identification Defense Area
SAP - Special Access Programs
SBI - Special Background Investigation
SCI - Special Compartmented Intelligence
SSBI - Single Scope Background Inv.
Technology
TS - Top Secret
Top Secret-Crypto
Top Secret-Crypto SCI / TK / G / HCS-P
Top Secret-Final / Crypto / Polygraph
Top Secret-SCI / SBI
Top Secret-SCI / HSC
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK / G / B
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK / G / HCS
Top Secret-SCI / SIOP
Top Secret-SCI / SSBI
Top Secret-SBI-TS/SBI
Top Secret-CISP-TS/CISP
Top Secret-ISSA-TS/ISSA
Top Secret-SAP-TS/SAP
Top Secret-SCI-CI polygraph-TS/SCI/CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI-Full/Scope Lifestyle-TS/SCI Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SCI-TS/SCI
Top Secret-SSBI-TS/SSBI
Top Secret-SCI /SSBI / SI / TK
Top Secret-SCI / TK / G / HCS / CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI / TK / G / Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SCI / SSBI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SI / TK / B / +
Top Secret-SSBI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / TK / G / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI/ SI / TK / G
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / SI / TK / G / B / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / TK / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI-B
Top Secret-EBI
Top Secret-SCI - SI / TK / G / HCS / I / P
Top Secret-CISP - TS / CISP
Top Secret-ISSA - TS / ISSA
Top Secret-SAP - TS / SAP
Top Secret-SCI - CI Poly - TS / SCI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI - Full / Scope Lifestyle - TS / SCI Lifestyle
Top Secret-SCI - TS / SCI
Top Secret-SSBI - SCI / TK / B / HCS / CI - Poly
Top Secret-SSBI - TS / SSBI
US Citizen
US Customs
US Treasury Clearance
USPS
VR
Yankee Fire
Yankee White

Zindo

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

By the way, many of those are classified themselves, so thanks for letting them out! I didnt say that Clearances end at TS, there are many levels of TS that deal with different subjects, but TS is the Highest major classifacation, so many of those you just listed are all caviets of TS, some of which are Classified TS themselves and break Non-Disclosure agreements by listing. So thanks for breaking federal laws.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

They could of changed the regulations, but when I was in the AF, anyone who had higher than secret could not tell anyone what their distinction was as it was Confidential. I have been out for over 10 years, and things change a lot.
To the others, it does not matter what your classification is if you don't have a need to know. A person with a Top Secret clearance could not come into my shop and ask to see my Secret information. He would not of had a need to know, unless he had permission by my unit commander (who was authorized).
Even the President may not have the need to know.

Thank you for posting this, as people do get confused. The government makes things so much more complicated than they have to.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is turning into a very interesting thread.... It's pretty crazy that that's how it all goes in the old military industrial complex. No wonder there are so many conspiracy theories (most of them ridiculous i.e reptilians) with all the secrecy that goes on.

Imo they should release their UFO stuff it's a real shame, we deserve to know

What really freaks me out is who is that high up that they get to see what is going on in all the compartmentalized projects? Now that's the shadow government right there

So Cosmic Top Secret really does exist!?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by PsyBreaker]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I still hold a few of these clearences and I can tell you that all listed here are accessable on the internet on US government sources and I have broken NO laws by publishing them here. What is not listed is what is entailed in having these credentials and only that information is illegal to publish!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The fact that you have that clearance isnt classified....

By the way, many of those (clearances) are classified themselves, so thanks for letting them out! So thanks for breaking federal laws.

Contradict yourself much?

Let me just be the first to call hoax. Have fun with this one, Mods....

[edit on 22-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PsyBreaker

I was in the AF when we had DCMs and there was a Strategic Air Command. That was a while back, and some of the things have changed.
Good catch, NightVision! I may not be wrong after all!

Most of the actual clearances are not classified, but the type of classification a person has may be. That information would be classified Confidential.

I think us GIs and vets are having fun confusing the civilians out there!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The idea of not disclosing your clearence level is basically not to target yourself for espionage.
BP

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I do know all about that! They drilled that in our head. I never talked about my job, and neither did my brother. Part of it is the general "no shop talk" as we leave it at the job and not take it home.
I had an airman friend who was asked all kinds of questions by this person at the college. He gave the guy vague or off the wall answers. He then reported it to our shop chief and the OSI came in to investigate. It seems the college had some recruiters for the KGB there. It could also of been a plant by the OSI to see if any airman would talk.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you had a Military post anywhere near where you lived in the 60's and 70's the CID had operatives in every bar and restaurant listening for mouthy fools trying to impress someone with what they knew. They still do it today. Differant designations but still the same job!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

The fact that you have that clearance isnt classified....

By the way, many of those (clearances) are classified themselves, so thanks for letting them out! So thanks for breaking federal laws.

Contradict yourself much?

Let me just be the first to call hoax. Have fun with this one, Mods....

[edit on 22-8-2008 by NightVision]

No, actually I first was discussing that its not classified to say you have a clearance, the next one was in response to the Gentleman that listed many clearance types, that are more specific, and detailed in a way which unlike him I would never disclose, because they give a more specific idea of what you actually do.

Thank You all for getting into this thread, it is definatly interesting how things work when it comes to clearances and how to get access to the right information.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join