It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Confirms Armada headed for Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was just watching Fox News and they were talking about a U.S. + European armada headed to blockade Iran and Kuwait is getting prepared for a possible invasion. I remember reading many threads regarding this armada:

Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada In Persian Gulf

Massive US Naval Armada Heads For Iran

When the news that the US led armada is blockading Iran hits...

Kuwait Goes On 'War Alert' As Massive US Armada Heads For Iran

Massive US naval armada heads for Iran

Most of these threads have started since late July/early August. How come the mainstream media waited until now to report this story?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Dan5647]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sounds good and so is the Russians. I wonder if there is going to come some pease out off all this.

Its so sick that we are willing to risk a great war because of oil. If ww3 breakes out we might not even need it after. Then we probebely will have to fight ouer next door nabour to survive.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Remember, none of this could be happening without Nancy Pelosey giving the OK.
Think about that in the election in November.
Might be a good idea to vote independent, if you live in San Franciscp.
Also in the Presidential, enough arguments have been made to realize that neither one is qualified.
Vote independent.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've had Fox on for the past hour or so ... I've seen nothing, Check on the "mainstream" websites, still nothing. I would think as anti military as CNN seems they'd have a minute by minute update for the Iranians.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Konklar

Ya, I've tried searching for the article too for evidence on their website but couldn't find any. That is very strange they would report this on TV and not on the web. Hoping for a YouTube video about this comes out.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
if you type in "US armada headed for Iran" and similar, you'll find some talk about this elsewhere on the net, some of it a couple of weeks old. Can't find an actual mainstream news source just yet but will continue to look.
If it's true they are sending more ships out, that doesn't look good ...? Could it not be looked upon as an act of war upon Iran or am I jumping the gun here?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This one is uploaded today but I'm not sure if it is an old video or not

nl.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What's being reported here could be any number of things (assuming that the reporting is accurate). If there was a major exercise in the Atlantic, then ships participating in said exercise will be returning to their duty stations (which could easily be in the Persian Gulf). There's also normal rotation of ships on a given station. Every so often, the ships have to rotate back to the US for repair and refit. They stay on station until their relief / replacement arrives, so as to not leave the area empty, which means that for a few days, there's a spike in naval presence (an extra carrier battle group, for example) that really doesn't indicate a buildup of forces.

Could it also be a buildup toward a strike against Iran? Sure. On the other hand, any such buildup would have to include more than an extra carrier group and a couple of helicopter assault ships. Sustained operations mean a huge spike in the consumption of fuel, ammunition, and ordnance. Watch the logistics support units *behind* the fleet.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This has already been debunked. Too bad Fox News can't figure out how to use an internet search engine. They are not really about news so it shouldn't suprise me.

US Official: Reports of Armada are False

Reports that a large American, British and French naval force - made up of nuclear aircraft carriers carrying dozens of fighter jets, warships and submarines - is en route to the Persian Gulf to blockade Iran are untrue, the US Department of Defense told The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday.

[edit on 8/22/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Doesnt mean an armada didnt head there. I knew the blockade was bull though from the begining.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada In Persian Gulf

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Dan5647]

Dan, that thread is a fear mongering alarmist thread, and the source is a very well known internet hoaxer. It is far from legitimate.

Originally posted by stikkinikki
This has already been debunked. Too bad Fox News can't figure out how to use an internet search engine. They are not really about news so it shouldn't suprise me.

US Official: Reports of Armada are False

Reports that a large American, British and French naval force - made up of nuclear aircraft carriers carrying dozens of fighter jets, warships and submarines - is en route to the Persian Gulf to blockade Iran are untrue, the US Department of Defense told The Jerusalem Post on Wednesday.

Call me crazy.. but with the US governments insane track record of lying, I don't believe a damn word they tell me.

Hell, if they told me the sky was blue I'd still go outside and look up to confirm.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This Armada -- well since we kept digging and we dug up some seriously damning things over the coarse of the last 8 years - Well, I guess - all we did was speed up WWIII ... we kept picking at scabs ... and we ignored to wound... remember, washington, dc. does things with long term horizons... thats why we cant do anything about 911... we were suppose to rebel imediately and we didn't... now there is no sense in it...
Like I have said over the last 2 - 3 years my analysis shows, we are being set up to loose a war...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
American armada prepares to take on Iran
As we write, the arrival of new U.S. warships will mark the largest
build-up of Naval forces in the Gulf since the 1991 Gulf War.

The aircraft carriers USS Theodore Roosevelt and the USS Ronald Reagan,
along with the USS Iwo Jima, an Amphibious Assault Ship are sailing
toward the Persian Gulf to reinforce the US strike forces in the region,
along with a British Royal Navy carrier battle group and a French
nuclear hunter-killer submarine.

This move follows the ominous Operation Brimstone, a massive military
exercise involving more than a dozen warships from the US, England, and
France in the Atlantic Ocean in preparation for a possible confrontation
with Iran.

The USS Roosevelt, which participated in the just-concluded exercise,
and the USS Ronald Reagan will join two US naval battle groups in the
area: the USS Abraham Lincoln with its Carrier Strike Group Nine; and
the USS Peleliu, and Amphibious Assault Ship with its expeditionary
strike group.

Naval forces now heading towards the Gulf include:

Carrier Strike Group Nine:
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN72) nuclear powered carrier with its Carrier Air
Wing Two
Destroyer Squadron Nine:
USS Mobile Bay (CG53) guided missile cruiser
USS Russell (DDG59) guided missile destroyer
USS Momsen (DDG92) guided missile destroyer
USS Shoup (DDG86) guided missile destroyer
USS Ford (FFG54) guided missile frigate
USS Ingraham (FFG61) guided missile frigate
USS Rodney M. Davis (FFG60) guided missile frigate
USS Curts (FFG38) guided missile frigate
Plus one or more nuclear hunter-killer submarines
Peleliu Expeditionary Strike Group:
USS Peleliu (LHA-5) a Tarawa-class amphibious assault carrier
USS Pearl Harbor ('___'52) assult ship
USS Dubuque (LPD8) assult ship/landing dock
USS Cape St. George (CG71) guided missile cruiser
USS Halsey (DDG97) guided missile destroyer
USS Benfold (DDG65) guided missile destroyer

Carrier Strike Group Two:
USS Theodore Roosevelt (DVN71) nuclear powered carrier with its Carrier
Air Wing Eight
Destroyer Squadron 22:
USS Monterey (CG61) guided missile cruiser
USS Mason (DDG87) guided missile destroyer
USS Nitze (DDG94) guided missile destroyer
USS Sullivans (DDG68) guided missile destroyer
USS Springfield (SSN761) nuclear powered hunter-killer submarine
IWO ESG ~ Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike Group
USS Iwo Jima (LHD7) amphibious assault carrier with its Amphibious
Squadron Four
and with its 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit
USS San Antonio (LPD17) assault ship
USS Velia Gulf (CG72) guided missile cruiser
USS Ramage (DDG61) guided missile destroyer
USS Carter Hall ('___'50) assault ship
USS Roosevelt (DDG80) guided missile destroyer
USS Hartfore (SSN768) nuclear powered hunter-killer submarine

Carrier Strike Group Seven:
USS Ronald Reagan (CVN76) nuclear powered carrier with its Carrier Air
Wing 14
Destroyer Squadron 7:
USS Chancellorsville (CG62) guided missile cruiser
USS Howard (DDG83) guided missile destroyer
USS Gridley (DDG101) guided missile destroyer
USS Decatur (DDG73) guided missile destroyer
USS Thach (FFG43) guided missile frigate
USNS Rainier (T-AOE-7) fast combat support ship

This massive deployment means that hundreds of nuclear-armed warplanes,
thousands of troops, and destroyers capable of launching cruise missiles
carrying nuclear weapons, bunker busters, or fragmentation bombs will be
available for a strike on Iran. While Russia is bogged down with the
crisis in Georgia, and China is occupied with the Olympics, the Bush
Administration may believe that this is an opportune time to strike.
This massive deployment is occurring as both Houses of Congress are set
to approve resolutions that would mandate a U.S. blockade

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647 I've got another question in response to your question: why is it when I checked seven hours after it was aired by Fox News (and again just now) that there is nothing on the website (or nothing to be found there by searching) for Fox, CNN, or Drudge? News that disappears: now that's really worrisome in a democratic country, don't you think? ~ Diana

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
WoW, what does this mean??? ww3???

I would also like to know if their will be a draft??? and also when are we getting the national I.D card?

[edit on 23-8-2008 by computerwiz32]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Sounds good and so is the Russians. I wonder if there is going to come some pease out off all this.

Its so sick that we are willing to risk a great war because of oil. If ww3 breakes out we might not even need it after. Then we probebely will have to fight ouer next door nabour to survive.

yes oil is very evil, and all those evil emergency vehicle who save many lives everyday that wont work without it

all those evil workers going to their evil jobs, to pay their evil bills and raise their evil families

oil, so icky!

and lets not forget all the evil plastics that produce all the evil products that make our evil lives better...

yes, we should be at the mercy of anyone who wants to crush us by exploiting our dependance on oil

i am sure you are all for the construction of many new nuclear power facilities?

good to have you on board

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yogi9969

what is the source of this article?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Dan5647 I've got another question in response to your question: why is it when I checked seven hours after it was aired by Fox News (and again just now) that there is nothing on the website (or nothing to be found there by searching) for Fox, CNN, or Drudge? News that disappears: now that's really worrisome in a democratic country, don't you think? ~ Diana

Putin also says Russia is a Democracy also. Does it make it so? The US is not a democracy, only an illusion to it populace.

I'm pretty sure the DOD would have a blackout as to where it's forces are at all times. I'm pretty sure also that anyone informing the whereabouts of its forces would constitute treason.

Those in the know, would know how to reign in their subbornets, and yes, this would include the MSM.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yogi9969

the olympics end on sunday and its russia choice to be bogged down in georgia theyre the ones not withdrawing

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Of all the articles I went through, the one linked to below was the one that stood out.

Though things can change over night. I would say if the USA is going to attack Iran and push them back a decade or two it would start while Bush is still president.

I think Obama would just want to talk to the Mullahs and Admudindajob, and get skunked.

So probably this giant carrier group will bomb the Mullahs and Muk Mood Admudindajob soon.

I just think its taking so long to bomb Iran cause the USA doesn't wanna kill to many "Russian advisers" and good Iranians that like to wear Levi's and western type cloths etc..

We shall see very soon.

Report: U.S. Will Attack Iran

Israel’s Army Radio is reporting that President Bush intends to launch a military strike against Iran before the end of his term. The Army Radio, a network operated by the Israeli Defense Forces, quoted a government source in Jerusalem. The source disclosed that a senior official close to Bush said in a closed meeting that Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney believed military action against Iran was now called for.

source:
www.newsmax.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join