It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The forgotten scandal of the Soviet ape-man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I saw this the other day and thought I'd share it with ATS... I put it here on this board but it could have gone on many others too...

In February 1926, Russian biologist Ilia Ivanov set out for Guinea in French West Africa, where he planned to perform one of the world's most sensational experiments. Ivanov was an expert in artificial insemination and had used his ground-breaking methods to create an assortment of hybrid animals. Now he was going to try something even more radical - crossing an ape and a human. His trip to Africa was expensive and its purpose highly questionable, yet the Bolshevik government not only sanctioned it but also financed it at a time when few Russians were allowed to leave the country. Why would so eminent a scientist risk his reputation? And why did the Bolsheviks back him?

Read the rest of the Story here New Scientist worth the long read.

shame he never did it, I could have had my cat girl,. like cheetahra from Thundercats.....

Peace....

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
He did succeed, you know. It was all hushed up, but there were viable offspring and they have since interbred with humans as well as apes. That's where all those chimps that learn sign language come from. That's what happens when they interbreed with real chimps. You get 'chimians'. The offspring of hybrids that interbred with humans are called 'huimps'. They have produced a number of famous political dynasties.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is very interesting, according to the hypothesis if a women could interbreed with an ape that would prove that Darwin's theory was on the right path. I wonder why this experiment has not been tried again?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

shame he never did it, I could have had my cat girl,. like cheetahra from Thundercats.....

It's very interesting indeed. It's an interesting concept, but the outcome (if it were possible, they might be too genetically different) would be sterile since the amount of chromosomes differ.

Edit: I was thinking of chimp, not cat. I don't think it is genetically possible for a cat to hybridize with a human, in the anthropomorphic sense.

Originally posted by Founding
This is very interesting, according to the hypothesis if a women could interbreed with an ape that would prove that Darwin's theory was on the right path. I wonder why this experiment has not been tried again?

There are many species that are already hybrids in the wild, so I'm not sure what this would prove exactly. We already know how the human genome is different than the chimp, so we can prove that we have a common ancestor (much to a lot of peoples disbelief).

The closest living relatives of Homo sapiens are two chimpanzee species: the Common Chimpanzee and the Bonobo. Full genome sequencing has resulted in the conclusion that "after 6.5 [million] years of separate evolution, the differences between chimpanzee and human are just 10 times greater than those between two unrelated people and 10 times less than those between rats and mice". Suggested concurrence between human and chimpanzee DNA sequences range between 95% and 99%.[9][10][11][12] It has been estimated that the human lineage diverged from that of chimpanzees about five million years ago, and from that of gorillas about eight million years ago. However, a hominid skull discovered in Chad in 2001, classified as Sahelanthropus tchadensis, is approximately seven million years old, which may indicate an earlier divergence.[13]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Founding

This is very interesting, according to the hypothesis if a women could interbreed with an ape that would prove that Darwin's theory was on the right path.

You misunderstand Darwin, who never suggested that humans are descended from apes. Humans and apes are both descended from a common ancestor that was neither a present-day ape nor human, although it may have had characteristics of both.

If it were really possible to interbreed apes and humans, this would actually disprove Darwin, since his theory of organisms separating through natural selection into different species demands that distinct species cannot interbreed.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Founding

My guess would be the field of specimen collector is a very very rare one, and even more so if they ever got up to the Great Apes

Imagines someone dressed up as a Female Gorilla, and trying to turn on a silver back carrying a test tube, yup a very very rare occupation

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

He did succeed, you know. It was all hushed up, but there were viable offspring and they have since interbred with humans as well as apes.

Are these the Georgian apes that are causing all the trouble Abzahzia?
Seriously I would like to know what happend to these creatures; if of course what you say holds any truth it would be good to see some links.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
Peace....

Uhhhhhhggg Raspy cat tounge, coughing up hair balls all the time....and access to catnip negates the need for a boyfriend. No thanks !

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
He did succeed, you know. It was all hushed up, but there were viable offspring and they have since interbred with humans as well as apes. That's where all those chimps that learn sign language come from. That's what happens when they interbreed with real chimps. You get 'chimians'. The offspring of hybrids that interbred with humans are called 'huimps'. They have produced a number of famous political dynasties.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Astyanax]

Do you have any proof?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

So is that is that how hiv jumped the species barrier, when russian scientist were putiting chimp sperm into humans. I wonder?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Could be where big foot came from you know.

Might have migrated around the world somewhow.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hitler was known to succeed in crossbreeding his Aryan race with apes for a fighting force, the offsprings were known as GerApes. The Slavic versions were known as Hunkys. Then there were the Ukraingutans. The Chinese experimented with Chinpanzees, this led to south east Asia later perfecting Gorilla warfare.

new topics

top topics

join