It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vimanas and modern ideas: interesting correlation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

In the Sanskrit Samarangana Sutradhara, it is written: "Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth."

I have no idea if such a thing is really written in the "Sanskrit Samarangana Sutradhara", or if that is an accurate translation, but I've seen the passage here and there on the internet for quite some time.

In any event, I thought this was an interesting correlation from an unrelated site discussing anti-gravity theories in general (the site has nothing to do with "vimanas"):

The mercury based plasma is pressurized at 250,000 atmospheres at a temperature of 150 degrees Kelvin, and accelerated to 50,000 rpm to create a super-conductive plasma with the resulting gravity disruption.

I don't know how credible that theory is, but if that ancient passage about the vimana is legitimate, then it is quite interesting that there are current theories about achieving anti-gravity through spinning mercury, the same as described in an ancient piece of mythology.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't say there are any credible theories about achieving anti-gravity through spinning mercury. I'd be damn near certain that noone has achieved such an effect.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MaximRecoil

I suggest you read one of the most detailed threads on this posted by Indigo_child sometime ago. Here's the link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by science lol
I wouldn't say there are any credible theories about achieving anti-gravity through spinning mercury. I'd be damn near certain that noone has achieved such an effect.

Here is another mention of the concept:

Unified Field Theory research in WWII

Near the end of WWII the Nazi war effort was turning to ever outlandish projects to provide a weapon that could turn the tide. One of these was the so-called Nazi Bell, located in an underground mine, with a ring of heavy duty testing pillars directly above. The device is reported to have been made of two stacked counter-rotating cylinders of mercury with bismuth alloy cores exposed to a high radio-frequency field.

Here is a link to an interview with someone who takes the concept seriously:

This Hungarian startup spent $1.2 million to demonstrate gravitational shielding effects in mercury.

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by MaximRecoil

I suggest you read one of the most detailed threads on this posted by Indigo_child sometime ago. Here's the link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers!

Great link, thanks.

new topics

top topics

join