It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information on the Internet: Not to be Trusted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This comes from the "investigation" of the ages of some of the Chinese Gymnasts...

“If you trust every Web site but not a government … There are so many Web sites, so much hearsay,” Lu said. “These are not official. It is possible that all news on the Internet is accurate?”

Source

On one of the largest world stages, it comes out... We should trust our governments more than we trust any information on the internet. Remember kids the internet is bad, untrustworthy and unreliable.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Even if they have underage atheletes, I would think that getting beat by a younger therefor less experienced athelete would make me question my abilities and rather than complain, file a protest or other, just accept defeat. Any other action would be like using a technicality to steal candy from a more skilled baby.

I say take your medals and go home and be thankful you even placed.

I watched the tie breaking procedure for the uneven bar Gold medal. The high and low thrown out and they remove any sub-scoring ties until there is a winner, kind of like poker having a tie hand but a bigger kicker.

Whining about being beat by a younger opponent is like political campaigning rather than the Olympic demeanor I would expect from an Olympic caliber althelete.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
In priciple I agree that whining about being beaten by someone younger is pathetic, but being younger in gymnastics means your body can do things that more mature bodies can't. It's tantamount to taking performance enhancers.

What do you mean that the internet is untrustworthy and unreliably???

Are you saying that some members of ATS lie and make things up???

I refuse to believe it.

Seriously though, first rule of the web - believe nothing you read.

Peace,

MGGG

join