It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird red light.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hi. I'm new here and this is my first post. Awesome forum ATS is, by the way

I have a story to share with you, this is one of the main reasons I made an account.

A few days ago, my mom told me that recently while she was trying to sleep, she saw this extremely fast red light through the window. She said that it was so fast that you'd miss it if you blink. She described it looking like (in her exact words) 'like the sparks that are given off when wires get shorted'.

My mom said that the first time she saw it, she thought that it might just be her eyes playing tricks on her, but my dad had also seen it and had asked my mom if she saw it too. My dad took it lightly though.

I was dumbfounded when I heard this as I had read the threads regarding the sky lighting up at night and sky darkening up in daytime, so it was quite a shock to me.

I have no idea what it was, but I think that for it to be that fast, it cannot be of any terrestrial origin.

This happened after midnight by the way, not sure of the time, but after midnight definitely.

What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Hi Kozmik. It really depends on the features of the light, did it only follow one trajectory or did it do a turn or maneuver? I suppose there is a chance it was a peice of space junk burning up or something, but as I say it depends on the angle it flew through the sky, whether it was angled down towards earth or flew in more a straight line.

I had a similar sighting of a really fast object (which was white though and not red), which I have described here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still, it sounds to me like a Unidentified Flying Object that your parents saw, especially if it was really going that fast

What it really was is the same question ufology has been trying to answer for the last 50 years

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
They don't know if it did any maneuvers or at what angle it was, because they were inside the room, and the windows were closed. They had seen it through the windows and through the curtains too. If this light could;ve been seen through the windows AND the curtains at night, it must have been extremely powerful right? The windows in my home are not clear, they're made so that you can't see through them (not tinted, but just blurry), and the curtains are of a dark colour too, so its weird how the light appeared so brightly even though there were so many things in its way.

Thanks for the link to your topic by the way, will check it out

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No one has anything to say about this experience
?

Would really like to hear what you guys think of this. Sorry for the bump by the way, the topic had gone to the second page

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kozmik

Perhaps a laser???

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A laser? Where could it have come from?

Anyway, I REALLY don't think it was a laser. The light looked like sparks and it was also extremely fast.

Besides, we live in a place that's extremely residential, so I highly doubt it was a laser.

new topics

top topics

join