It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Citizenship: Lawsuit Filed To Stop Him From Running

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You can follow the status on this blog

Which for the most part is not overtly biased

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
"The decision will likely not be today after all."

That's disappointing. But, I'm sure there's a good enough reason.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Just so everybody knows what one looks like heres a copy of an original vault Hawaiian birth certificate from 1963:

snarkybytes.com...

They need to check the ink to make sure its the type used when Barry's was signed. Inks have changed greatly since the 60's!! Most where signed with a fountain pen.

Zindo

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The judge threw out Berg's lawsuit. Read at Berg's lawsuit

Judge rejects Montco lawyer's bid to have Obama removed from ballot

By MICHAEL HINKELMAN
Philadelphia Daily News

[email protected] 215-854-2656
A federal judge in Philadelphia last night threw out a complaint by a Montgomery County lawyer who claimed that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama was not qualified to be president and that his name should be removed from the Nov. 4 ballot.

Philip J. Berg alleged in a complaint filed in federal district court on Aug. 21 against Obama, the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission, that Obama was born in Mombasa, Kenya.

Berg claimed that the Democratic presidential standardbearer is not even an American citizen but a citizen of Indonesia and therefore ineligible to be president.

He alleged that if Obama was permitted to run for president and subsequently found to be ineligible, he and other voters would be disenfranchised.

U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick had denied Berg's request for a temporary restraining order on Aug. 22 but had not ruled on the merits of the suit until yesterday.

Obama and the Democratic National Committee had asked Surrick to dismiss Berg's complaint in a court filing on Sept. 24.

They said that Berg's claims were "ridiculous" and "patently false," that Berg had "no standing" to challenge the qualifications of a candidate for president because he had not shown the requisite harm to himself.

Surrick agreed.

In a 34-page memorandum and opinion, the judge said Berg's allegations of harm were "too vague and too attenuated" to confer standing on him or any other voters. *snip*

Oh well. It was a nice dream while it lasted.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well look at that, it was dismissed.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by davion

Due to his age he got citizenship from his mother. US only accepts dual citizenship if the other country does.

Countries Which Prohibit Dual Citizenship:

Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Burma, Chile, China, Denmark, Ecuador, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran*, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Malaysia, Mauritius, Nepal, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.

If one takes up citizenship in another country, then the US will consider that person to no longer be a citizen.

www.uscitizenship.info...

If you go to obamacrimes.com there is info on the lawsuit and he has the documents there. Since Obama was under the laws of that time and not today's laws there are some differences that takes a lot of research to find. I had them on my desktop computer but it crashed and I do not have time to dig up links right now.

There is also the issue that according to Indonesian law, he got the indonesian citizenship; therefore, when he came back to the US there should be paperworks showing that he naturalized again to US...which he is not giving up any documents so continues this. If it is a rumor, he needs to kill it..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I am sorry if someone has answered this and I have missed it somewhere in one of these Obama birth certificate threads but...

If Phillip Berg has not the standing to question Obama's qualifications for POTUS, who does?

What is the requirement to question?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
On a day which saw another eligibility-related lawsuit, this one in Connecticut, bite the dust, Philadelphia attorney Philip Berg remains cautiously optimistic after taking his own dismissed case to the highest court in all the land.

"At this point, we're waiting and hoping and praying that Justice Souter rules in our favor and delays tomorrow's election," said Berg, mentioning as well that he filed a supplemental argument with the Court today. "They have the power. The United States Supreme Court has the power. They stopped the count in Florida in 2000, I was there in the panhandle when they stopped the count."

www.americasright.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join