It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Citizenship: Lawsuit Filed To Stop Him From Running

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Obama Citizenship: Lawsuit Filed To Stop Him From Running

larrysinclair0926.com

Case #08-CV-4083

This is the information I have received as of 5:28 PM EST:

Papers have been filed, not yet scanned into the Pacer system.

The complaint is asking for declaratory (asking the court to declare Obama is not a US citizen, a “natural born” citizen and not eligible under the qualifications of the US Constitution to run for Office of President).

Also asking for injunctive relief and an emergency TRO. Further asking for EXPEDITED Discovery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I always wondered if Ron Paul was going to be the only one left standing after everyone else gets taken down for one reason or another. This is breaking, no more info available yet.

larrysinclair0926.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I always wondered if Ron Paul was going to be the only one left standing after everyone else gets taken down for one reason or another.

God, I hope so. I'm tired of the 2 headed Neocon-monster known as..."Mcbama"

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Larry Sinclair's blog?

Is that the only source?

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything else.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
God, I hope so. I'm tired of the 2 headed Neocon-monster known as..."Mcbama"

NO DOUBT !!! The spouse and I are both voting Ron, simply because we despise the blatant circus act which the other two have become!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
God this is totally stupid

"Obama was born on August 4, 1961, at the Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii'

Sense when was Hawaii not the USA ?

Bahh........ The suite is pure stupidity

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack
God this is totally stupid

"Obama was born on August 4, 1961, at the Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii'

Sense when was Hawaii not the USA ?

Bahh........ The suite is pure stupidity

Oh, come on man...can't we dream?

Besides, did you know Hawaii is one of the biggest Welfare recipient State in the Union. We annexed them, they used to be a kingdom, there's also a movement there for independence. Do we all really like C&H pure cane sugar that much?

I say good riddance...

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hows this?

We beg to differ. FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.

Source

Maybe this could finally be put to rest.

[Edit]
They also have posted pictures they took while examining it.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I like Obama if he is the president he says he will be but I got to admit it seems strange how he came on the scene like out of no where and how his name is so close to Osama and Sadam Hussein two people the U.S invaded countries over.

I suppose you can find a conspiracy in anything if you look hard enough.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I just received the following email today from FactCheck.org concerning Obama's birth certificate.

Fact Check - Born in the USA

In June, the Obama campaign released a digitally scanned image of his birth certificate to quell speculative charges that he might not be a natural-born citizen. But the image prompted more blog-based skepticism about the document's authenticity. And recently, author Jerome Corsi, whose book attacks Obama, said in a TV interview that the birth certificate the campaign has is "fake."

We beg to differ. FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
seems strange how he came on the scene like out of no where and how his name is so close to Osama and Sadam Hussein

Four years ago I had never heard of John Kerry. And I'm old.

The name crap that innudated everything is just plain juvenile.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The main issue of this lawsuit seems to be if obama has dual citizenship with indonesia. He was adopted and then moved there. The lawsuit also has to do with his bar application. He stated he had never gone by any aliases but there are many he has gone by through the years..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
From the website Americasright there was a hearing at 2 pm today on the Berg v Obama matter in front of Judge R Barclay Surrick, a Clinton federal appointee.

Copy of the lawsuit filed by Philip J Berg and the story can be found here:

Complaint for Declatory and Injuctive Relief

If Obama is indeed constitutionally ineligible for the presidency then I say Right ON. Mr Berg may be a hero.

Phillip Berg, the filing attorney, is a former gubernatorial and senatorial candidate, former chair of the Democratic Party in Montgomery (PA) County, former member of the Democratic State Committee, and former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania. According to Berg, he filed the suit--just days before the DNC is to hold its nominating convention in Denver--for the health of the Democratic Party.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If O(bs)ama is eligible to run for President, does that also mean his "lost" brother living in Kenya(?) on $1 a day is also eligible? From the articles I've read on George Hussein Obama, I actually think he might make a better president/candidate. For one thing, he's not afraid to actually fight to protect what he believes in.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is ridiculous. Obama was born in Hawaii, that makes him a bona fide American citizen. It doesn't get any simplier than that.

Let's face it, if the man wasn't technically qualified to run for president, the Democratic party would never have supported him thus far.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

This is ridiculous. Obama was born in Hawaii, that makes him a bona fide American citizen. It doesn't get any simplier than that.

Let's face it, if the man wasn't technically qualified to run for president, the Democratic party would never have supported him thus far.

The democrat party has a long history of running candidates at all levels that are not qualified for any office. Why would this case be any different?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So you're suggesting, that despite the fact that Obama was born an American citizen, he is not qualified to run for the office of president.

Based on what, exactly? The fact that perhaps you don't like the guy.

You've got to come up with a more solid reason then that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if he was born on the moon his mom was an American citizen so he is automatically one. End of story. Wish people would look up the law before they make themselves look stupid by filing a law suit.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It looks legit. Its a multi point suit. A registration of birth is not a doctors certification of live birth. Also the change to the state law did not go backwards only from the date 18 was selected and on.

Obama may be out. Then who or what will we dredge up and throw on the rusty scales.

"In the lawsuit, Berg states that Sen. Obama was born in Kenya, and not in Hawaii as the senator maintains. Before giving birth, according to the lawsuit, Obama's mother traveled to Kenya with his father but was prevented from flying back to Hawaii because of the late stage of her pregnancy, "apparently a normal restriction to avoid births during a flight." As Sen. Obama's own paternal grandmother, half-brother and half-sister have also claimed, Berg maintains that Stanley Ann Dunham--Obama's mother--gave birth to little Barack in Kenya and subsequently flew to Hawaii to register the birth.

Berg cites inconsistent accounts of Sen. Obama's birth, including reports that he was born at two separate hospitals--Kapiolani Hospital and Queens Hospital--in Honolulu, as well a profound lack of birthing records for Stanley Ann Dunham, though simple "registry of birth" records for Barack Obama are available in a Hawaiian public records office.

Should Sen. Obama truly have been born in Kenya, Berg writes, the laws on the books at the time of his birth hold that U.S. citizenship may only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and non-citizen parent if the former was at least 19 years of age. Sen. Obama's mother was only 18 at the time. Therefore, because U.S. citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama could not be registered as a "natural born" citizen and would therefore be ineligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution."

Other than the Berg heresay this is the only doc link so far. If the case is not heard and decided before the date of the election he can't go on the ballot.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Is the law that you have to be a natural born citizen? Or that you have to actually have been born on U.S. Soil? I can't remember...going to look right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join