It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough Winnipeg mom takes justice into own hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

A Winnipeg mother took matters into her own hands Wednesday night, after her 10-year-old girl was attacked at a park near their North End neighbourhood home.

The woman says her daughter ran into their house crying, and told her that a man tried to grab her as she played in front of her house. The little girl was shaken up, but safe.

Still, it was too much for the 42-year-old mother to handle.

CTV News

If the man tried to grab her then there was no misunderstanding. There is no reason why a stranger should have to grab a hold of anyone they don't know. Especially a child in front, behind, in or near their home or at any place for that matter.

A mother myself I tell you if someone tried to grab any of my daughters from the front of my house I would be out there in a snap. What happens beyond that point .. well ... I will leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't have any kids, myself, but I think I can imagine a little of what would be running through your mind in such a situation.

I saw the "Insider" TV program (well, just a little: the only TV I really watch happens to be what's on while I'm rewinding a taped movie
) tonight. It talked of an 80-something year old woman who had left her house for a while. When she came back, there was an unknown teenager in her house.

First thing she did was grab her .22 cal revolver & pointed it at him. Then she told him to call the police! And he did! When the phone call was done, she had him lay face-down, spread-eagle on the floor until the police arrived. On the Insider show, they started calling her, "Grandma Crimefighter."

It takes guts to stand up for yourself, in any situation.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yeah, her brother wouldn't do anything like that!

But he would stab an unarmed mother in the neck. Sure sister we believe ya!

When that guy gets out on bail, I don't think he will live the week, if that's as tough a neighborhood as I suspect it is.

I look forward to a followup story!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Right on sister!Sadly,if she did that in the UK she would be arrested and charged with assault.At least he'll think twice before trying to do that again if he ever tries that again.Unfortunately,we have the arrival of famous peado Gary Glitter to look forward to in the UK.Whilst on a sex tourist holiday in Vietnam he was jailed for molesting young girls.Recently released ,he tried to get into Thailand and Hongkong who quickly threw him out.He did'nt want to come back to the UK because of the reception he will get as he was a famous Glamrock star here in the Eighties and also a teen idol.I vote for more asskickings of assholes.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
I saw the "Insider" TV program (well, just a little: the only TV I really watch happens to be what's on while I'm rewinding a taped movie
) tonight. It talked of an 80-something year old woman who had left her house for a while. When she came back, there was an unknown teenager in her house.

That happened here in Atlanta, those stories are pretty common out here. A couple of weeks ago an 80 year old man shot and killed a home intruder. They always make the news here and they are treated as hereos (as they should be).

But of course other parts of the country don't want to advertise stories like that because it does not fit their agenda.

new topics

top topics

join