It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thai king world's wealthiest royal: Forbes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Thai king world's wealthiest royal: Forbes

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK (AFP) - With a fortune estimated at 35 billion dollars, Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej is the world's richest royal sovereign, and oil-rich Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi is far back at No. 2, Forbes magazine reported Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The 60 Richest Families, F.Y.I those behind the N.W.O

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thought this might be of some interest here on ATS. I didn't see it posted anywhere here yet.

It's hard to say what this really counts for though, considering that wealth and power are not necessarily synonymous. This could simply mean that the Thai king doesn't do as good a job of hiding his wealth, as said here in the article (emphasis mine)...

King Bhumibol, 80 and, at 62 years on the throne the world's longest-serving head of state, pushed to the top of the richest royals list by virtue a greater transparency surrounding his fortune, Forbes said.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/21/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
35 billion is nothing to sneeze at...but Queen Elizabeth with all her assets and crown jewels, hidden wealth etc would probably pull ahead.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesu$atan

And then of course we have to consider the people that no one has ever heard about. The people behind the scenes. The people who determine what wealth actually means.

top topics

join