It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A threat on John McCains life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here we see another instance of political rivalry gone too far.

A threatening letter containing an unidentified white powder was received at John McCain's campaign offices in Denver, Colorado, CBS News has learned.

A second letter sent to a McCain campaign office in New Hampshire initially was reported to contain a white substance. Authorities said that was a false alarm and there was no powder in that envelope.

At least 19 people were examined at hospitals or were quarantined outside the Colorado office while authorities tried to determine whether the powder was hazardous.

Source

McCain is an AMERICAN. Regardless of rather or not you like him as a choice for president - doesnt mean you should equate that decision with rather or not you like him as an American or as a human being for that matter

I hope they find this guy - and i hope they give me a phone call - personally - so i can go slap some sense into this anonymous letter sender.

I'm going to guess he's an Obama supporter.

Its mind-blowing to me that idiots like this anonymous sender don't realize how much harm they actually do for the one they support....and how much positive publicity it creates for the one they choose to threaten.

The T&C does not allow me to use words strong enough to express how stupid people like this guy are.

And thats too bad

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sadly, the first thing I think of when something like this happens is conspiracy. Half of me thinks that this was done by people in the McCain camp to further make "Obamatron's"... or "the Lunatic Left"... etc, appear crazy and fanatical.

I also thought the same thing during Clinton's "hostage" situation. So, this is a statement on corrupt politicians, not Obama or McCain.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Go ahead and guess all you want who sent it.

Odds are it's your ol' buddy Rove pouring baking soda into envelopes,
'cause when all else fails you gotta go for that sympathy vote.

Why would the supporter of a candidate that has a clear advantage and a better grasp on how many homes he owns ever do something like this?!?

BECAUSE IT WASN'T AN OBAMA SUPPORTER!

They scared us with the Russians.
Then they scared us with terrorists.
Then they scared us with Anthrax.
And now they're trying to scare us with Russians AND Anthrax.

Old white men losing control of their government, gotta love it!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Odds are it's your ol' buddy Rove pouring baking soda into envelopes,
'cause when all else fails you gotta go for that sympathy vote.

....since that comment was aimed at me - its pretty obvious that you dont frequent the decision 2008 forums more than.....as of 2 minutes ago....

Please leave the "my team" political divisiveness at the door

Thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Sorry pal, I'm not a supporter of either.

It's interesting though that you assume an Obama supporter did this.
Talk about "my team"?!?

Perhaps a disgruntled vet sent the letters to McCain?

Naw, he's too much of an American hero.
Must be those crazy left-wing terrorist-loving christian baby eaters.......

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I don't care what candidate this person is for. It is totally going to far. These candidates are just like us and have a right to express their view. Likewise people have the right to disagree with their views.

If a person can't do this without threatening to kill somebody then the next best option is to join all the potential voters who are not registered. Just call it a day and wait for the 2008 election to blow over. I'm sure there are plenty of reruns on tv to entertain this person.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
well allow me to clarify that the purpose of my thread was to say "this is going too far"

and furthered by saying that i believe if it was done by an obama supporter, its even worse - because it would be done as a means of "support" in their own convoluted world, but it really just "hurts" the cause.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Maybe it is a redherring for a hit on Obama? I know this sounds bad but I live in the midwest and have heard many a red neck stating "Obamas gonna get shot". Hummm, well I never give any energy to it but come on there are alot of devout whites that would probably like to see him shot rather than become president.

Then again I have heard alot of people saying the same about bush and hes still going strong...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Then I shall clarify as well.

You paint an awfully patriotic, tear-jerking picture with lines like "McCain is an AMERICAN and this has gone too far." (You can almost hear the Star Spangled Banner in the distance.)

Yet you then follow it quickly with "Im guessing he's an Obama supporter"
Talk about being divisive?!?

Why not a Paul supporter, or Nader, or Monty Brewster?!?!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

A threat on McCain's life is silly, the man only has a few years left to live anyway - he is around 210 years old or something like that as it is. I agree with other folks who think this was an inside job to make him look like someone is out to get him. He needs all the help he can get to win the election in November. In his case, any publicity is good publicity. There are more people in this country who are willing to kill Obama because they hate black people then there are those out to kill grandpa. Go Obama, I am not voting for him but I hope he wins in November just to piss off dumbass cracker ass crackers.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
I agree with other folks who think this was an inside job to make him look like someone is out to get him.

Except you and the "other folks" are making # up. There's a threat on someone's life, and you automatically assume that it's fake? Without any evidence, any clue as to what you're talking about?

Give me a break. If there's a reason, great. But if not, you're contributing to the kind dirt we don't need here.

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1
You paint an awfully patriotic, tear-jerking picture with lines like "McCain is an AMERICAN and this has gone too far." (You can almost hear the Star Spangled Banner in the distance.)

I, for one, stand up for the rights of my fellow countrymen - and all men (humans, fine), for that matter, regardless of their political beliefs. I don't know about you.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

As i said

you clearly have no idea who i am - or who i support

But as the saying goes

never argue with an ignorant man
he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Eh, I guess your "guess that he's an Obama supporter" was pretty assuming. Doesn't change anything, though, but I guess he picked up on that. I didn't even pay attention to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

My assumption is based on all the "obama attacks" we've all seen in the media

the graffiti on cars, all the hate speech you read online

thats where i come from

"why not a nader supporter"

Nader isnt even in this anymore...

The main two candidates are McCain vs Obama

the assumption i make is based on the odds

since the main two candidates are those two men listed above, then ODDS are that any attacks on either candidate are perpetrated from supporters of the opposing person.

Does that mean Obama had anything to do with it?
I guarantee you he didnt.

That doesnt however, change the fact, that obama , like all candidates, have whack-o supporters who think these kind of actions are justified

McCain IS an American. Why would you wish death on a fellow-american for reasons of American politics?

That makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
McCain v Obama that brought a picture of the two of them ring side in full wrestling costumes. Ok Im going to bed now...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

McCain IS an American. Why would you wish death on a fellow-american for reasons of American politics?

Looks like we are starting to get better at agreeing on things.

Well put if I must say so myself.

See how easy it is to agree with each other.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

just for the record

i've never suggested anything to support an "otherwise notion"

This thread points out a case of "political rivalry" gone wayyyyyyyyy too far.

I'd say the same thing for any attack on Obama

but then there'd be ignorant members of the moronic masses contributing their intellectually void opinions there as well.

We've seen a small sample of that in this thread (i wont mention a name)

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join