It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Doesn't Own Any Houses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Seeing that Obama's peanut gallery is playing this up as a big issue. Looks like Cindy mostly runs the properties.

McCain Family Owns 8 Properties

John McCain's family owns at least eight properties — not the seven Democrats are alleging or the four McCain's staff identified — according to a Politico analysis of property and tax records, as well as interviews.

The presumptive Republican nominee, though, may have some wiggle room in explaining why he couldn't immediately provide an answer when asked by Politico how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own. Sen. McCain himself does not own any of the properties. They're all owned by Cindy McCain, her dependent children and the trusts and companies they control.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Right.

So, that 'Cindy' is what, his personal nurse?

I must be mistaken for thinking it was his wife.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Are you implying that McCain is a kept man?

I guess the subject of community property doesn't come into play in whatever particular state he declares his residency.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sounds to me like he's not anal about everything Cindy does, and goes about his own business as a Senator and running for President. Now maybe you think it's normal to be paranoid about everything your spouse does, but not everyone does.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Maybe he didn't want to let the world know that he is a gold digger.

Seriously, he should have said he had none in his name.

Community property is a different issue especially if she had him sign some kind of contract.

Maybe he is afraid to admit that his wife runs the show. Who knows for sure all we can do is speculate.

McCain '08- Homelessness gets everybody, even me.

Excuse the humor just trying to lighten things up.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
LOL @ attempt of O.P.

and to quote Mr. McCain as a reponse:

"*chuckle* yeah...and i just stopped beating my wife last week"

A legally binding contract (marriage) makes the property his as much as hers

McCain owns houses.

I really don't even get the point of this thread other than a visually impaired version of follow the leader.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Quite agree. Both legally and in terms of common sense, McSame with his undefined real estate ownership doesn't look presidential too me.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
I really don't even get the point of this thread other than a visually impaired version of follow the leader.

I don't get the point of the entire topic. Apparently the Obama campaign does because they're releasing commercials. Who gives a crap how many houses the guy owns?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

paranoia has nothing to do with it. How in the hell do you not know how many properties you own.
How wealthy and out of touch are you when most people can't pay their mortgages and yet he has so many properties he doesn't know.

How is he supposed to run a country when he doesn't even know what his own 8 households are doing?

Must be nice to be so wealthy you don't know how many houses you own.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Who gives a crap how many houses the guy owns?

I don't. But it'd be nice to see him being able to account for some of them. Look, in a few months this guy is supposed to be counting not houses, but ICBMs and stealth bombers as well as miles of oil pipelines and trillions of dollars that we owe to banks. Somehow McSame does not come across as a person who can do all of that.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
paranoia has nothing to do with it. How in the hell do you not know how many properties you own.
How wealthy and out of touch are you when most people can't pay their mortgages and yet he has so many properties he doesn't know.
How is he supposed to run a country when he doesn't even know what his own 8 households are doing?
Must be nice to be so wealthy you don't know how many houses you own.

Do we really need to delve into this again? From your statement I guess we can assume that you will be sitting this election out, right? If you're anti-rich, you don't have a candidate in this election. EVERY CANDIDATE is loaded, just like in every other election since I've paid attention.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

So did Cindy buy him the $520 loafers as well?

Anyone who votes for John McCain needs to come to grips with the fact that he cheated on his crippled first wife, and then married his young scarlet letter-bearer one month after his divorce was finalized. His new wife Cindy was young, pretty, and extremely wealthy. And she made it very clear that she wore 'the pants' when it came to the checkbook in the new McCain family.

If you are a voter who found Hillary Clinton an overbearing first lady, watch and see what happens if McCain is elected. Cindy McCain is no Jackie O, that is for sure....

Either way... Who bought the $520 loafers? Maybe John McCain did, since he had so much money left over since he 'doesn't own any homes' or what ever your premise is.
DocMoreau

Labor organization looks to paint McCain as elitist

“McCain’s worth over $100 million…,” the mailer also says. “He walks around in $520 Italian loafers. If John McCain lost his Social Security, he’d get by just fine. Would you?”

In 2006 the Arizona senator earned $3.9 million and has a net worth of $40.4 million, which Democrats have noted in an effort to paint McCain as out-of-touch with the average voter.

McCain’s net worth far succeeds Obama’s $1.3 million. In 2006, the presumptive Democratic nominee earned $991,000.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

I thought it was common practices for presidential and regular political candidates to divert their wealth and funds to family members name or just firms so they do not look like they have ties or interest in specific businesses.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

I don't get the point of the entire topic. Apparently the Obama campaign does because they're releasing commercials. Who gives a crap how many houses the guy owns?

you're going to have to ask the Obama campaign that question. I don't know why its relevant. I don't give a damn, myself.

But i find it funny that the OP tries to say McCain DOESNT own the houses that the Obama campaign is using against McCain...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I really don't see what any of this has to do with anything.

Who cares if these guys are wealthy? Honestly? What's wrong with being wealthy?

This is just pure class envy and quite frankly its disgusting.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
Sen. McCain himself does not own any of the properties.

Then why didn't he say "none"?

Arizona is a Community Property State. It doesn't matter who purchased it or who "runs" it. They're his, too. If they divorced, the homes THEY have bought together are half his. They have a pre-nup, but it's to protect MOST of her family assets, not what she buys while they're married. That's his, too.

Again, I don't care how wealthy he is. I EXPECT politicians to be wealthy. But the fact that he doesn't even know how many houses he has is INDICATIVE of how out of touch he is with regular Americans. Like me.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Actually I think it's more INDICATIVE of a tired man not being able to think on the spot.

No more INDICATIVE than Obama's remark that he visited all 57 states. Of course that was quickly written off by Obama supporters.

The same ones who want to make this a big deal.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sorry about this ..double post.

Orangetom

[edit on 22-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Virginia is also a community property state. However ..if one owns property before marriage and it has no liens on it ..no moneys owed. It is owned by the originial purchaser..not both spouses.

If one takes out a second mortgage on said property it can now be considered communial..though it was originally paid off under the first mortgage.

None of these concepts were made clear in the rush to play "gotcha politics" and put everyone cheering for thier respective candidates and partys. These informations were left hanging while implications were made..with nothing made explicit...only the speculation about private propertys.

On the other hand ...the abortion issue has been used specifically and continually to litmus test the qualifications for any office in the land since way back with Roe VS Wade...was implemented. This is definitely a public forum issue. "Above my pay grade" in lieu of the number of years that Roe VS Wade has been in effect is not getting it in confidence among much of the Amercan public.

THe number of houses one owns is not of the same caliber or merit as a abortion in a public forum issue unless one is desperate in damage control necessitys. Thinking people know this...emoting people usually do not.

That political party..the Democrat Party had since back with Roe VS Wade to prep thier candidates for any and all questions..and dropped the ball...rather badly here. Now they must damage control with "Gotcha " techniques on placebo issues.
This shows poor political strategys and also a sense of entitlement beliefs to resort to such desperation.

THe sad thing from my perspective is that they so obviously think no one will see it for what it is..much less express the concept.

Not being able to answer the abortion question outside of the " Above my pay grade" reply clearly indicates to me that this whole political party is out of touch with America themselves.
Now to resort to this in distraction..in desperation..indicates to me that they are once again out of touch with those Americans who can think past the next sound bite and are not wont to get on the emotional rollercoaster so often used or misused to keep us on the voting string.

This is a desperation spin tactic.

I dont care if he or his wife own multiple homes....or how many. It is none of my buisness.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 22-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Arizona is a Community Property State. It doesn't matter who purchased it or who "runs" it. They're his, too. If they divorced, the homes THEY have bought together are half his. They have a pre-nup, but it's to protect MOST of her family assets, not what she buys while they're married. That's his, too.

As I recall several (most?) of the homes are owned by trusts, not by Cindy McCain. I believe some of the homes were alleged to be owned by her (grown) children and at least one is owned by a company. None of these homes would be covered by community property laws.
Marrying an extremely wealthy woman didn't seem to be a hindrance to Kerry. *shrug*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join