It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's space agency says it will send man to space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran - State TV says Iran's space agency aims to send an astronaut to space within 10 years. The report Thursday quotes Space Agency chief Reza Taghipoor saying the mission's timing will be decided over the next year. It gives no other details. Iran has stepped up its space ambitions in recent years, worrying world leaders already concerned about its nuclear and ballistic missile programs. Iran would have a ways to go before a manned flight. On Sunday, Taghipoor said Iran test-fired a rocket capable of carrying a satellite into orbit. The two-stage rocket released equipment that beamed flight data back to ground control.

source

Well I think we all saw this one coming, especially lately with their successful launch of a satellite rocket and the second one that failed.

Although they are not the most resourceful country with regards to space exploration, they with time will be able to send people into space.
Now the question is, will they really use this technology for space research or Nuclear advantages?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Now the question is, will they really use this technology for space research or Nuclear advantages?
Are you expecting them to drop nuclear bombs manually from orbit?

Seriously, I don't doubt their technological capacity, they have shown that they have some intelligent people working in several different scientific areas, and that they are capable of great achievements.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Why do you ask about the nukes? The only reason we ask this question because we have heard it from our everyday unbiased news. I bet if you ask, other people around the world, they would have a completely different view of this.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I hope that Iran will launch a man into space, create a base on the moon and colonise Mars. All in a decade. As long as they drop this pursue for nuking , well, me.
Space exploration - good. Nuclear war - bad.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hey.. nice thought... My opinion that Iran possibly developing it's military capability with the justification that it intends to explore space. If their intentions were truely honorable, they would perhaps collaborate with existing international space programs such as ISS, (such as Japan has done). Alternately, they could always piggyback on the Russian space program. Or why not simply contract with Russians to develop a Soyuz bearing the Iranian Flag. For a million bucks, Russian will sent a civilian in space... Why would any country have a desire to "go it alone".. it's like reinventing the wheel. Why? More likely than not, they are simply developing their own missiles for strategic benefit.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well , I hope it fails and it drifts off into the darkest corner of the cosmos for eternity , and I hope the man they send is George W Bush.

new topics

top topics

join