It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I hate the U.S and ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lets admit it, Asia would be nothing without the US.

The things that make me standoffish about Asia, quite simply is the way it succumbs to ruthlessness.

WWII anyone?

The Japanese are on par with the Nazi's for violent abuse and death for prisoners of war.

The Chinese prove their humanity on a daily basis..

America, before George Bush shat all over it, was indeed the most admired and respect nation on the Earth.

You mightnt of liked Bill, but by golly America was the envy of the world during the 90's, and rightly so.

People dont hate America, they hate its leaders, and its ignorance.
Its an amazing landscape with some truley fascinating people, the smartest, fastest, strongest people...

its just bogged down by the teens and young adults at the momet who care more for macca's, idol and big brother.. and who's only relationship with GW is that they both tried and dabbled in the good stuff during their younger years..
as for politics, and international affairs, so long as it stays on the 5 oclock news hour they are happy to let the government do its thing.

God have mercy if Asia ruled the world.

Ill admit it, im very worried if indeed China beats the US in the olympics..
becuase it will signal in a new world superpower!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by red 5

Come ON!!! that's cute, but best left to a place like, oh I don't know....some other InterTubes site that best not be named???

ATS has a certain standard of conduct. I am JUST a member, in good standing....but I know when I can see poor conduct, being portrayed, just because this is a 'free' site.....

Let me ask anyone, who happens to drop in....if you had a young child, what would you wish him or her to see more??

This site, or YT?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I am curious as to the thought that the U.S. was the evny of the world during Clintons presidency.

Was it due to leadership? Don't forget the U.S. invaded a soveriegn nation without U.N. approval and was loved. Why not now?

Was it due to the "apology" tour Bill took? Did that show humility?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Jelousy?
Revenge?
Rightous Indignation?
Anti-Capitalism?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You forgot fear.

Whenever a foreign country, through the voice of their government, states something which is disparaging of the United States and it makes it onto the pages of ATS through either a BAN thread or some other forum, one of the first items brought up by a certain portion of the membership is the might of the American military.

A sort of 'in your face' posture which I've noticed often over the years.

If it's a European country that squeaks, it's WW2 that's usually thrown in their faces as if they were the only ones that won that war. That's just not true... it was a concerted effort by Russians, Aussies, New Zealanders, Canadians, the British (and many more) as well as the underground efforts of the various undergrounds in the occupied countries.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

syntax edit - an 'a' was in the wrong place

[edit on 21/8/08 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Oh MY!, agiated.....

Lot's of History there, I won't refute.....

But maybe better suited to a new thread??

I'm going to go buy some more model airplanes, online.... I need more Epoxy.....because some of these discussions are getting too violent.....

(if I had a SON.....I'd take him out to fly a kite, or teach him to fly a model airplane, or an R/C car....anything but this!!!)

EDIT...I also like model trains....I am currently in the HO field, but only because they are a great average between the 'N' Scale, and the "O" Scale

(See, "HO" actually means 'half-O'.....)

ANYWAY.....HO is somthing that I can still see....it is about 1:87 scale.....

[edit on 8/21/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Well Said . Ya Cant Beat That One ! Let Em Have It Both Barrels! You Just Made My Day !

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

There's already a thread for America haters here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Sure your only wacking those weeds, weed wacker!

As for Clintons years... purley from an outside view, he was an excellent leader.
I believe he brought your nation into budget surplus?
He was a likeable guy, charisma, he could talk, play sax ( c'mon thats cool )

the 90's was the peak of the 'peace-time'
Technology was booming, for the first time the world become only a few seconds of a model dial-tone away, or a phone call.
American TV, Movies, Music.. the idea of the American dream,
Yes, America was in bliss, and the world wanted it.

As for the US invading a nation, I believe youd be referring to somalia or Serbia?

The way I look at it, Somalia was the USA's first attempt to rid Africa of its warlord mentality, yes it failed.. maybe we did it wrong, but we tried and ultimately they suffered.

As for Serbia? Who can doubt that action needed to be taken.

But look at it today, when we did those acts, we did it under the guise of the UN, a small action force to remove a threat then get out.

People didnt mind those skirmishes, because we didnt get 'too involved'

People hate the US and its involvement today, because its clear we didnt need to act, we only did for corporate profit.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

So is your opinion "Too big for our britches?"

Interesting.

So now that the U.S. is the ONLY country that said it will defend Poland and Ukrain should the U.S. simply let Eastern Europe go back to the Soviet Empire?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Again, an interesting point.

Serbin action "needed" to be taken. And we are still there. But when Saddam gassed his own people, invaded Iran and paid the families of suicide bombers who killed innocent Israelis...no action was needed.

And the U.S. is soon to sign a deal to leave Iraq.

So you are saying illegal use of military power.

Or only CERTAIN use of illegal military power.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes, but we arent in Serbia to the extent we are in Iraq,
I admit, Saddam was doing bad things, but after GW1 he stopped, because we pummeled him.

GW1, if we coaxed him into striking kuwait or not, was nessecary because it removed his WMD capability and brought him down a peg or two.

I think, Illegial use of military power is a very sticky term.
In every single engagement, someone will claim 'illegial use of military power'

Ie, the Nazi's in WW2, the Afghans in the soviet war, and the Iraqi's in GW1.

This is where you need to be on your game enough to distinguish which is which.

That is why the golden rule of declaring war should only be done in retaliation was a good rule. Because anyone brazon enough to attack someone out of the blue, deserved and expected a counter attack that would wipe them out, and be justified. Frankly because they struck first and without warrant.

Iraq is the first time the US has activley struck first, and tried to convince the world it was justified, sadly it has been proven time and time again, what they used to justify it was actually a lie.

There fore making their unprovoked attack an illegial agression against a nation.

To add,
I dont care what the MSM says about a deal being signed with Americans leaving Iraq,

America is never leaving the worlds largest oil fields behind ( yes, it was found Iraq had more oil that Saudi, it just wanst posted on the MSM )

We will always have a large military presence, with a larger corporate military infront, protecting the corporate assets.

Remember, the Private army is larger than the US army in Iraq...

The only we are leaving, is in body bags... or because someone has a dramatic change of heart and stops this mindless looting and bloodshed.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

If I hated the U.S. that much I would not live here and if I hated ATS, I would not be typing my reply to your post. The U.S. is still the land of opportunity for those who are willing to put in 110% every day to make something out of their lives. As far as the majority of the people who live in the U.S., they are morons and that is all they will ever be - how else can you explain president retard winning the election twice?

Asians are not better or smarter than people here in the U.S., they just put in more effort not to be retarded about life in general. I live in a world full of morons, they are everywhere and there are plenty of them who spend their time on ATS as well. There are plenty of intelligent, open-minded individuals on this site as well but there is no escaping having to deal with morons from time to time.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
No one can say I don't do the least I can do. Us bad ol' 'mericans have a wicked sense of irony and humor sometimes.

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
reply to post by jpm1602

Well Said . Ya Cant Beat That One ! Let Em Have It Both Barrels! You Just Made My Day !

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

What did I say? I am not sure but I think this is a racial attack. Wow and that is not off topic?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh yea and I have two teen girls, I would rather have them watchcing YOU TUBE, (that is how you spell it I think) than this schizo affected dream world.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm not going to read the junk that's here in this topic as I know it will be a bunch of Anti-American stuff anyways. I feel deeply ashamed that people would have violent thoughts towards our country when they know we stand for peace and justice in the world and that's what our country was founded upon. Our country was founded upon the idea of a world that's free from emperors and tyrants. Our government may have had done some bad things in the past but the entire nation as a whole shouldn't be punished for saving... Europe's ass in World War I... stopping Europe from getting taken over by Germany in WWII... and saving the world from the Cold War... and we shouldn't be punished for what we're doing with the War on Terrorism... the only person that should be punished is George W Bush and that's for being an idiot and he makes me want to throw up.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

Hmm...

Well, you see, people arent comeing here cause you said THOSE who HATE the US, AND ATS...

Most of th America-Haters, LOVE ATS, because they have been promoated to Mods... and can censor anyone that is too pro-american...

Make a thread dedicated to those who JUST hate the US, and you will be mighty popular amounst the ATS leadership...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

5. because the united states goverment with influencefrom the uk have totally messed this world up.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Yes that is absolutely true, in fact I am willing to bet that I could post a post on this thread and have it removed as off topic. However it is censorship of this website not necessarily in favor of U.S. haters.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm not going to read the junk that's here in this topic as I know it will be a bunch of Anti-American stuff anyways. I feel deeply ashamed that people would have violent thoughts towards our country when they know we stand for peace and justice in the world and that's what our country was founded upon. Our country was founded upon the idea of a world that's free from emperors and tyrants. Our government may have had done some bad things in the past but the entire nation as a whole shouldn't be punished for saving... Europe's ass in World War I... stopping Europe from getting taken over by Germany in WWII... and saving the world from the Cold War... and we shouldn't be punished for what we're doing with the War on Terrorism... the only person that should be punished is George W Bush and that's for being an idiot and he makes me want to throw up.

This statement is ridiculous "why post"? You must be a woman, wanting every person to understand how you feel. While at the same time not caring how those people feel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join