It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel cuts electric cords with wireless power system

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So this thing from Intel can transmit 60 watts over 3 feet at 75% efficiency.

Not bad, but not great either, if you want to transmit power over distances. So at 4 feet, it could only transmit 33.75 watts. At 10 feet, it can only transmit 5.4 watts. That's just the nature of the inverse cube law.

What this technology will be useful for: Imagine you have a mat sitting on your desk at home. You can just set your cell phone phone, MP3 player, and laptop on it and they will charge without having to hook up any wires.

What this technology will not be useful for: Transmitting powers to whole homes or businesses from the generating station.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I wonder if it is theoretically possible to power electic cars on a wireless highway??

Kinda like the way a train works, but wireless, i like it.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by LoveKnowledge

Lo and behold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody with the same concern as I, you know our bodies are also electrical to some degree.

I wonder how this free current will affect our brains and bodies.

Any body in the board that can answer that one?

IF we believe that some places over others have a higher degree of supernatural phenomena to happen and IF we could test and prove that electromagnetism is responsible for this, since we would be able to reproduce it anywhere, and IF any kind of energy waves that are being transmitted from lets say random wireless devices happened that they had just the right frequencies and just the right power to achieve this and could form a cloud of interference that would warp so much a place out of reality, then yes there would be possible dangers, that is, paranormally speaking. Medically speaking anything above "too much" always hurts a bit and if anything like that is discovered we can always develop a safer method.

Personally I don't expect reptilians to come flying through walls if such technology gets to be an everyday thing sometime.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by spacebot]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Its about time someone start using Tesla's technology. The world could benefit from
N. Tesla if only the the goverment would not have surpresed his devices the public.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Is it magnetic air transformer coupling?

That is so old hat and not Tesla at all.

Tesla got back on everyone.
He sold all the things America didn't want to Germany in 1914.
I can't say what they are cause its the delusional Tesla/UFO/Free Energy
stuff the Intel agents on the internet make fun of.

ED:
img.photobucket.com...
A collection of books on Tesla.
Tesla technology and historian researcher Lyne authored the bottom three
books.

[edit on 8/22/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When Intel makes this more practical, this technology will be as large as the home computer. The implications of being able to recharge a power source without wires will be amazing. As long as I'm not frying myself in the process.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What would be FAR more useful is what I call PowerUSB. A concept like it is in the drawers at several large and small consumer electronic companies, but they are unable to come up with a single standard.
The Vision developed by a now defunct highend hifi company was this
2x 230V/16A power, grounded
combined with an ultra high Bandwidth Version of USB, something in the High gigabit Range.
All in one squarish cable that would be only ~50% thicker than our current power cables.
The benefit (an example)
1 Cable from Power outlet to Computer
1 Cable from Computer to TV
1 Cable from TV to Cable/Sat/Receiver
1 Cable from Receiver to Sourround Amp
etc etc and all could communicate with each other. You practically have one thread of wire that connects all the devices in a room or even in a house/apptmnt.

Instead of 10 bazillion cables interconnecting between all those causing a HUGE CHAOS in my ROOM, GOD its SO ABOUT TIME FOR THIS!!!!!

HDMI is only a very small step in the right direction.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by casketizer]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
this wireless transmission of electricity is pretty cool. I imagine the conversion of radio stations and and every house and car being equipped with a little black box that receives the energy and coverts it into electricity. The box could send out a monthly signal that the power station receives that ells how much power it's consumed for the month and a bill could be sent. don't pay your bill they transmit a kill switch signal to the box and it shuts down until the power company turns it back on. sorta like your cable bill.

I often wonder that if Intel is now disclosing this tech that they are working on if the military hasn't already developed and deployed this tech.

I imagine the tech would be really useful for nuclear submarines. reactors are quite but running off of nothing but batteries is even quieter I'd imagine. I could picture a towable wire that picks up this transmission of energy, probably a very low frequency antenna. A base somewhere around the planet could have an antenna that broadcasts this energy transmission subs could receive this signal and convert it to electricity running their motors with out the use of reactors. Might only be useful when traveling at lower speeds but I could see where the military could find this sort of tech useful.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The Control is in the scarity of Things not in sharing the cure, Money is the Tool or a meduim, means to an end.... Telsa or any with Fame must be silenced by what every means neccessary, usually by the Dis-crediting ruination medium. Some own the Game. You cannot win in the 3D level, MY instinct is too retreat and Develop MY 4D,5D, to Heaven Level to win.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Your right, and maybe it has something to do with the earths reasonate frqz, couple into that bad boy. There has to be some energy in there, cause thunderstorms happen everyday, all over the world.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I hate to break it to the geeks at Intel but, that brilliant genius Nikola Tesla already did this back in the 20th century. He powered whole city blocks with wireless electricity by sending it through the air, from miles away, I might add. He even got investors like J.P. Morgan to fund the construction of a huge wireless electricity transmitter in New York City but, as soon as J.P. Morgan found out that Tesla was going to provide FREE electricity to everyone, he immediately pulled out and the project fell through. Oh, and Thomas Edison was a thief who tricked Tesla into making his DC generators more efficient and then never paid Tesla what he promised to pay him ($50,000 which is equal to $1,000,000 today) and then tried to discredit Tesla's vastly superior AC generator. Oh, and Tesla also invented the radio, not Marconni. I'm awesome, I know.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I haven't read any of the responses yet, just the title, allow me to say simply this: If they are just introducing this to the commercial market now, imagine what the black contingent has already; Hyper Monorails beneath the earth? Anti-gravity technology? Zero-point energy? Seriously, if they hold the secret to the latter, and haven't shared it amongst their brethren, let them be reduced to naught but a shrubbery!

Ni!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I can't see how sending energy wireless can not have a negative effect on organic life. Look at cellphones, the little energy that those radio waves carry is dangerous for your brain. But hey maybe they found a way that won't cook your insides

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have a good link on this with pictures of the coils....
you will be surprised:

Intel: Laptops could get power wirelessly

It looks like regular magnetic coupling via the air.

My idea of using switching transformers coupled by the higher
frequency link will replace whatever they came up with because
those coils are TOO BIG.

Obviously for demo purposes.

A youtuber lit a couple of lamps with a doughnut shaped power transmitter.

Intel now has their corporate foot in the door with their own device.

From link above:

The demo works using a “resonance” effect between two magnetic fields.

Sorry, wrong term. Get some engineers here.
Its an air transformer. A Tesla video on youtube shows the same
coils in a Navy radio transmitter. Bad for Tesla or any corporation
when the government buys the design they go to another manufacturer.
It happened with Atlas missile gyros in the missile gap era.

A coil of wire in the shape of a cone... a lot of wire and turns...
will resonate with the touch of charge from wool rubbed on a comb.
That small amount of charge will resonate with inter winding capacitance
and last without resistance added.

The true meaning of sheeple with no understanding of coils, don't
go there its bad, and the aether effects. Flying coils are strictly
forbidden except for the Illuminati.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It does look like the patented Tesla flat or spiral or pancake coils
are being used in the demonstration.

An ingenious configuration from the normal cylinder.
It ups the voltage winding to winding.

Creates a barrel shaped magnetic field to couple the next coils.
A circular electric field is set up but at low voltage is no concern.

We don't see electric fields or gravity but we know its there.

Tesla wrote the Dynamic theory of Gravity now in government
hands or let stolen, whatever. This might explain gravity.
As far as more explanation on electricity, its there too most likely.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
BASSPLYR

I saw a post about Tesla putting a globe at the top of antennas.

Below the globe was the spiral coil that upped voltage winding to
winding. The center wire went up to the globe.

People think its a balloon holding up the wire for the antenna.

Take a look at the Tesla Tower, its half of a globe.
The antenna top matches the shape of the earth.

Any statics class gives the two globe example and dynamically
should send out father reaching signals than a straight wire.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
THe top of the antennas are mushroom shaped like half of a sphere. Very interesting. DOes the coil or part of the antenna have to be sphere like to mimic earths shape? does this make the field more resonant with the earth or help it to propagate farther because of the shape?

Very interesting indeed. I am going to look out for other antenna like things that have that distinctive shape. maybe the military has the use of this technology and have incorporated it into some systems. maybe an antenna that has the half dome top of it obscured in some way to mask it from curious eyes.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Its already possible... using a microwave transmitter you can transmit power from orbit... or the moon etc..

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Tesla was the inventor of AC which is why we have electrical power as we know it today. Edison was about DC (battery power) which is unable to transmit efficiently over distances of more than a few hundred feet.

Tesla though not given the credit had also discovered the principals of the radio. Marconi only applied them to communcations.

The first radios were called "Wireless Sets" and radios and televisions are sending low power energy through the air similarly to what Intel is demonstrating here. Instead of powering a radio/television receiver it is powering a light bulb.

Tesla was shutdown by the Oil powers because he was close to revealing his discovery of free energy from the earth with it's magnetic core and a rotating dielectric charged atmosphere (air)in essence a huge coil.
Similar in principal to how the energy of lightning is generated which is millions of joules of energy.

Teslas coils with their dome shape were so shaped to increase the amount of surface area exposed to the atmosphere (of the generated charge) and thereby increasing the amount of energy transmitted.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't agree with this at all. Our airwaves are already full of dangerous invisible radiation already. Is this what they do when they hit the battery technology barrier? Just think of the cell phones, radio, television, CB/HAM, wireless networks, microwave and countless others already filling the airwaves. Were already more tired, fat and sickly than 30 years ago and our generation is dying off much younger. I wonder if in 20 years will look back and see how foolish we were?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join