It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel cuts electric cords with wireless power system

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
With the energy crisis we face today, I would hope that if they are developing this new technology that they have efficiency in mind!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Did not Tesla and edison have a very big fight about this last century with Rockafella ending by taking away Teslas' funding and launch a campaign of disinformation and US federal terrorism?

Hmmm... I've not herd of this. Anyone recommend a place to read more on this subject?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow, this is cool, I do hope that this will catch on and be used by everyone in the near future. The only thing is, will the big boys buy this up and hide it away first, or do we really stand a chance at seeing this energy source getting out to the public?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveKnowledge

Lo and behold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody with the same concern as I, you know our bodies are also electrical to some degree.

I wonder how this free current will affect our brains and bodies.

Any body in the board that can answer that one?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I wonder what the possible range limit is, if there is one. Solar collecting stations in space beaming electricity to th ground would solve all of our power problems...

I actually heard on the radio a blurb that this was in the works. I immediately thought of Tesla and realized that everything I heard about free energy could very well be true. Sad that this has been kept under the rug all these years.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Once again this is nothing new, and once again I am sure my post will be buried, in 1899 at Colorado Springs Nikola Tesla transmitted 100 million volts of high-frequency electric power wirelessly over a distance of 26 miles at which he lit up a bank of 200 light bulbs and ran one electric motor!

This is well documented.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Well if this were the cases of not being able to profit from this technology.
All they would have to do is do like they do with power meters now. When you purchase a car it has a power meter that is registered to you just like your plates. And of course this is just speculation but seeing technology evolve to wireless it's just like the cell phone companies who offer broadband wireless connections for laptops. You would just buy a registered reciever to your name/account. There is no problem with metering this at all. The problem is making sure 50 years down the road our kids aren't born with "Magneto" type powers...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This reminded me of something i did a few weeks ago. My son has one of those electric plasma balls at the side of his bed, Ya know the type you put your hands on the glass ball and watch the electricity attract to your hands. Well it was turned on and i was changing a light bulb in his bedside lamp near the plasma ball. I took out a new phillips energy saving light bulb from the box and it started glowing right there in my hand. The closer i moved my hand to the plasma ball the brighter the light bulb became yet with no direct power source.

I was intrigued so therefore tried it with a standard filament lightbulb with no result whatsoever only with the energy saving bulb.

Maybe not in the grander scheme as this thread but i thought it was amazing anyway

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

We have got to understand that untill the human race has some more of a ultimate goal than making enough money to pay our next bill. We will not develope any thing "FREE". Yes it sux to think this way but the system is set up now that people with wonderful minds work for people who's sole purpose is to build wealth. Untill these people who hold wealth find a higher goal they will never understand the importance of using these type of technologies for human kind instead of profit kind. Very sad.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kreese

Originally posted by titorite
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Did not Tesla and edison have a very big fight about this last century with Rockafella ending by taking away Teslas' funding and launch a campaign of disinformation and US federal terrorism?

Hmmm... I've not herd of this. Anyone recommend a place to read more on this subject?

yes, actually! Otis T. Carr was one of Tesla's disciples, and Tesla taught him many of his secrets. here's a page with some of Otis T. Carr's work, and his plans for free energy, which DOES EXIST! if you still have questions after viewing the link, then you probably didn't read the whole thing:

www.rexresearch.com...

it's out there guys, and it wouldn't have been just a "dream" of Tesla's if he could have gotten funded! the man knew what he was doing! it just wasn't "officially" proven to us by "the powers that be"...

...some very important information about Tesla - browse through the links on the page, too:
www.projectcamelot.org...

keep in mind Tesla discovered wireless electricity about 100 years ago now...

Tesla's patents

[edit on 22-8-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
THAT'S AMAZING!

I'm not kidding but i swear i predicted this about half a year ago. i said to myself and my friends that wireless power is something that would revolutionize the world.

imagine if they made cars that could run on wireless power supplied to them via the road?

I'm very excited to see what intel will do with this!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The concept has been around for years.

www.thinkgeek.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolas

www.thinkgeek.com...

actually it's been around for over 100 years...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The tech is not new, and it is not going anywhere.
If I understand this correctly no company will even try to bring it to market.
I can not see this being able to avoid messing up radios all around it.
Thats right police fire military and even the lowly HAM operators will know if this thing is put to full time use. And the company gets to deal with nasty sized fines from the FCC. Just ask the broadband over power lines company's about what happens when you annoy the FCC.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome

Originally posted by Nikolas

www.thinkgeek.com...

actually it's been around for over 100 years...

exactly, sad but true... most disturbing thing is that people
ridicule him and call him crazy...

he was not 100 years ahead of his time, he was 500 years ahead of his time

here, inform yourselves:

[edit on 22-8-2008 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
so the u.s Governement has given TESLA'S work to intel?

this technology is nothing new its been around for nearly 100yrs and kept secret

tesla wanted to give the whole world free energy to help the 3rd world & the poor, others wanted people to pay for it, that about soms it all up...

when tesla died he said while today belongs to edison the future belongs to me the truth will come out oneday

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Isn't the wireless transmission of electrical energy called Scalar Waves Technology? I would think someone on this forum would have picked that up by now. Isn't scalar wave technology free energy with an over-unity effect of about 10? Can't you transmit scalar waves 1.5 times the speed of light, and Can't you also use a Faraday cage to shield yourself, among other things, from scalar waves?

SOURCES:
(2001) Society for Scientific Exploration - Text, KONSTANTIN MEYL
(2001) Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 199–205

Tesla N. (1900). Apparatus for Transmission of Electrical Energy. US Patent No. 645,576. New York.

Tesla N. (1905). Art of Transmitting Electrical Energy Through the Natural Mediums. US Patent No. 787,412. New York.

This is actually quite easy to google. I'm really just surprised it hasn't been mentioned.

View's and opinions?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"Electricity was sent wirelessly to a lamp on stage"

Thats nothing more than a parlor trick.
Its easy to energize something that close.
To do it hundreds of miles away is the hard part.
People always get off on Tesla and the mystery surrounding him.
But in reality all he figured out to do was the skin effect and our modern microwave communications such as cell phones.
And the big bankers stole it all and made massive money from it.
To try that same technology on a higher wattage level in order to distribute power creates many risks.
Unless of course we re thought the whole power thing from the start and realize units don't need that much power to function.
Think about the 12v's in a pc why does it need all that power to get it to there, 100kv, just to convert it to 12v and some small amount 650-1000watts of power dissipation.
Its about profits thats what it is about.
Imagine a light bulb using 1 watt.
Imagine a large fan motor using 5 watts.
And they charge you by the kilowatt?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Interesting - good point, and so obviously true.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
"Electricity was sent wirelessly to a lamp on stage"

Thats nothing more than a parlor trick.
Its easy to energize something that close.
To do it hundreds of miles away is the hard part.

isn't something like an induction coil involved?
the electricity isn't create out of thin air.... there is a power source involved.

if you think about it the electric you get in your house does not come directly from the generating plant which could be a hundred miles away ---
there are hundreds of 'transformers' between one's house and the generating plant. each transformer basically doing what the wireless transmission of electricity is technically doing (but at a far shorter distance of transmission ~wireless~)

All i see is a parlor trick
(as the poster points out)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join