It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA: OK to zap spinach, lettuce with radiation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

FDA: OK to zap spinach, lettuce with radiation.

www.presstv.ir

WASHINGTON - The government will allow food producers to start zapping fresh spinach and iceberg lettuce with just enough radiation to kill E. coli and other dangerous germs, a key safety move amid increasing outbreaks from raw produce.

Irradiated meat has been around for years, particularly ground beef that is a favorite hiding spot for E. coli. Spices also can be irradiated.

But there had long been concern that zapping leafy greens with X-rays or other means of radiation would leave them limp. Not so with today’s modern techniques.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Omg! I had to look twice at this when i first saw it! Blasting spinach and lettuce with radiation to kill germs. What about us? We have to eat it and i think id rather have a bout of E. coli food poisoning then a mouth full of irradiated lettuce. In this same article it tells you that you've been eating irradiated ground beef for years! I had no idea, did you? They say that the food does not absorb the radiation but can you be certain? I think ill bring a Geiger counter with me next time i visit my local store. Maybe is just another way of culling the masses.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That was a close one, unfortunately your thread was the second one ,

Here is the original thread discussing this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add comment and opinions there.

Closed.

new topics

join