It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which "f" word do you hear?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I found this when browsing through YouTube for nostalgia reasons. Around the 1:59 is when the sentence starts. Which word do you hear? I keep hearing the f word, but a small amount of people I talked to said they heard "fought" or "fight". What do you think? Apparently, this aired on live television, so if it's the "f" word, some people may be getting in trouble.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
HELLO!! i heard the f bomb.. I am pretty sure it was on the video, though after watching that for 1:58, i cant be sure i wasn't the one saying it..

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In my opinion she says this:

"But instead you FIGHT with the hope of sending me away again."

The f word wouldn't make much sense in that sentance anyway.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Nooo.. it's not a naughty word.. it's definitely 'fought'.

They're using an effect on the voice.. a -2 octave transposer with x-modulation..and there's a slight delay(slap-back echo).

The emphasis on the vowel is causing a percussive effect that sounds a little like a 'k' in the echo though.. It took a couple of listens to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The above three posts don't help much, since they're all different answers. I can't hear "fought" no matter how much I listen to it, and although "fight" makes sense, there's no way an "i" sound is in there. Also, a lot of the YouTube comments contrast as well, so we need more opinions on this.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I hear fight, that's what it is, so therefore I did help, because I gave you the answer. There are two voices that say fight at the same time.

Ok I tried looking for the japanese version with english subs, but WTF? it's so different! Check it out.
www.youtube.com...

I must say I don't care what they say now, I HATE when they make a bad dub on japanese anime.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It does very much sound like that word.

"But instead you fight with the hope of sending me away again"
Put the other word in and it makes no sense.

Unfortunatly it does sound like it though.

top topics

join