It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're Un-Green, And You Know It Clap Your Hands!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Clap

Clap

I'm horrible for the environment, and I know it. While many environmental activists stress the need to go green, actually doing it is much more difficult.

I'm not attempting to kill our planet on purpose. But, like many other people, I enjoy many things that are horrible for the environment. I know they are bad, but I don't want to do without them.

I love to take scorching hot steam showers. The steam and stinging hot water help my muscles. I know its bad for the environment because I'm running electricity down the drain... But, I love it and I won't stop it.

I love to sit in the drive-thru with my A/C running. Here it's scorching hot, and my car is much cooler than the benches outside of the local taco stand. So, I choose Air Conditioning in my car. Yep, I'm burning dead animals and plants to keep me warm. I really don't want to give up my car or the air conditioning that keeps it cool.

What habits do you have or guilty pleasures you won't drop regardless of global warming?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am intentionally ungreen. In fact I actively try to make my carbon footptint as large as possible, in as many ways as possible. I figure my efforts alone offset at least 10 greenie hippies.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Bottled water. Mostly due to convience. Bottled water is cheap, fits my tiny apartment fridge, and is easily taken with me whenever I leave the house. It may be bad for the enviornment, but I'll continue to buy it as long as it is cheap and available.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yo!

Add me to the list, I may recycle my cardboard and beer cans, but I also own/drive 4 big juicy rigs with built v8's that just love to fume out my neighbors.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You realize global warming is a fraud to bring about global carbon tax, further taxing the very air we breathe? You realize Earth's temperature has been rising since the Little Ice Age in the 1500s? You realize that during the Medeival Warm Period (~1000AD), Earth's temperature was even higher than it is today?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
You realize global warming is a fraud to bring about global carbon tax, further taxing the very air we breathe? You realize Earth's temperature has been rising since the Little Ice Age in the 1500s? You realize that during the Medeival Warm Period (~1000AD), Earth's temperature was even higher than it is today?

I don't. What do you mean "Earth's temperature was even higher than it is today?" Can you be specific?

I do tons of stuff that is ungreen like driving my car but I also grow a few of my own vegetables and recycle what I can. I'll do what I want and part of what I want is a clean, liveable and relatively stable climated planet for the future generations. The easier it is to not waste, the easier it is to not waste. I hope people make it easier not to waste.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

Well, since you obviously know all the facts pertaining to an ongoing fraud you should get on with the lawsuit then.

I know plenty of lawyers that jump all over fraud claims, well...of course they do require proof so I guess your out...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Bottled water. Mostly due to convience. Bottled water is cheap, fits my tiny apartment fridge, and is easily taken with me whenever I leave the house. It may be bad for the enviornment, but I'll continue to buy it as long as it is cheap and available.

I hope you're female. The pthalates they use in the plastic for water bottles supresses testosterone prodcction in men, which can lead to all kinds of problems.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yep! 100% female. Testosterone is the last thing I have to worry about.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I found myself driving around for no reason at all.... Go Environment!!

We all love driving. Its one of the only places we can blast music. especially those that live in apartment complexes with thin walls!

I don't recycle.... it's not as much of an option in apartments.

Darkelf, I remember reading that drinking water out of plastic bottles is possibly the worst thing possible to do for the environment. Sort of ironic... lol..

Yesterday I kept the water running while I brushed my teeth.... I'm evil.

I'm in college, and the height of my textbooks for next semester is nearly two feet high. It is absurd the amount of paper I have to lug around just for this semester. Colleges could require laptops and E-books. But, its better if we waste trees for textbooks. I mean, we'll need them the whole semester, and then sell them back. Until they make a new edition.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am very green except for my enormous use and misuse of gasoline.

I like anything with a gas engine and wheels. Therein lies my problem.

Acceleration and high speeds are my game. I thought it would go away with age but has gotten worse.

To get from point a to point b as fast as possible just rings my bells. I have several toys and they are all very fast. It's petal to the metal all the way for me.

Life in the fast lane is the only way to go for me. I try to stop myself but am totally and irreversibly addicted to speed.

I tried to explain to the last police officer that stopped me that I could not help myself. He assured me that if I got anymore points on my drivers license that the state could stop me.

Maybe I need to find a speeders anonymous. Hello, my name is Dizzie and I'm a speeder.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
heh, I got you all beat! I drive a SEMI!
And I let it idle while I'm asleep so I can have A/C.

I refuse to recycle anything except aluminum cans (no money in it). When I can't drive the big rig, I drive a V-8 pickup. I burn brush outside in my own burning pit, producing lots and lots of smoke. I burn kerosene for heat in the winter. I like hot showers too. And I think my pipes leak, but since I am on a well, it doesn't matter.

Oh, and I fart a lot.
Methane good!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe this thread is three years old.

Can you believe the choices our governmen is making?
Perhaps they should be the ones clapping.....

Cash for clunkers-
Let's crush up many running automobiles,
then let's ship them to china to be used
in manufacturing, whre they don't have
environmental laws, can pollute at will, and
use sweat shops.

New light bulbs-
Let's take some good working filament bulbs,
And make it mandatory for everyone to replace them.
In the new bulbs, let's make it toxic to the environment.

Ethanol-
I won't even discuss how evil it is to make food
into oil, when people are starving worldwide. That alone
sounds like g r e e d to me. But, making one gallon of
Ethanol consumes more than one gallon of gas.
Its a backwards process, that just makes people
feel better about themselves.

------------------------------------

The real questions are :

What has changed since original posting?

Are you more or less wasteful now?

Have your views on global warming changed?

--------------------------------

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Yeah... i stab old ladies. I know it’s not nice but i just enjoy it. I also kick kittens, in fact me and my friends have competitions to see how far they can go, it’s how we relieve our stress. I lie, cheat, rob, take what i want when i want... who cares?!?! Just some liberal hippies who wanna control me right??

Why should i follow rules that are meant to make this planet a nicer place to live for everyone when i can just be a selfish arrogant denialist who is only interested in my own pleasures in life!!

Yeah!! rock on!! Woo Hooo!! *followed by lots of other mind numbingly dumb exclamations of self-satisfaction and pride*

edit on 9-6-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Yeah... i stab old ladies. I know it’s not nice but i just enjoy it. I also kick kittens, in fact me and my friends have competitions to see how far they can go, it’s how we relieve our stress. I lie, cheat, rob, take what i want when i want... who cares?!?! Just some liberal hippies who wanna control me right??

Why should i follow rules that are meant to make this planet a nicer place to live for everyone when i can just be a selfish arrogant denialist who is only interested in my own pleasures in life!!

Yeah!! rock on!! Woo Hooo!! *followed by lots of other mind numbingly dumb exclamations of self-satisfaction and pride*

edit on 9-6-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

Wow...so since I don't give in to the governments green movement,
I kill kittens? Hopefully I compact them, and ship them overseas to China,
so they can put a good use to them.

I find it funny when the goverment frets over tiny changes like
Light bulbs, when we are till driving gas guzzling vehicles. We have
the technologyfor viabl alternatives to fossil fuels, but why not in use?

Or, just let Obama tell you that you can't drive your SUV,
But its okay for him and many congress members to drive in
large SUV convoys and fly in private jets all around the country.

I am sorry, I just do not see the dedication from the government,
like they want us to commit.

What dd they say about the goose and the gander?

I just see everything turning into a gaggle-cluck
edit on 9-6-2011 by ThreeDeuce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join