It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name three dead people you would invite...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Siddartha Gotama Aka The Buddha.
Jesus.
The Prophet Mohammed.

Just to see how similar what they all they is.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

I predict a riot.

Perhaps not with them, but definately when word got around and some of their followers turned up.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Sorry for the confusion

'TC' equals Tony Campolo video.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Excellent thread... I love doing these things..

Well of course Jesus, cause I want his unedited truth...

Heath Ledger, cause he was an amazing actor...

Princess Diana, cause I really would like to have known her personally...

Again great thread..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Plato. Because he is my absolute favorite mind.

Socrates. Because he is similar, but much more likely to be the life of the party, he was such a trouble maker.

My brother. Because I miss and love him.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
1) Nikola Tesla. I would have so many questions to ask of him and it would be interesting to share a kindred spirit. Perhaps a little explanation is on order. I have a friend who is a believer in Reincarnation. She feels that I'm the reincarnation of Nikola Tesla since he and I share a number of things in common. Luck would have it though that I don't have some of his psychosis.

2) E.E. "Doc" Smith. SF writer and creator of the genre of SF known as "Space Opera". One of the first to write a SF series (Lensmen and Skylark series). I would love to hear his take on present technology and how if he were to write it now a days how it would be different.

3) M.C. Escher. Loved how spatial his mind was.

Edited to remove my 3rd person that I had originally picked due to pain of separation after dinner was over.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Jim Morrison: to exchange some morbid poetry with

John Lennon: for intelligent conversation and debate

And my grandmother: to feel unconditional love

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My sisters boyfriend,
My Dad,
The bast*rd who stole my pedal tractor when I was about five.

The first two are still alive, I can't say about the third.

But after I'd cooked them dinner............R.I.P. X 3
"bon appétit"

They are the 3 dead people I would invite.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Great thread...!

Had a while to think about this, but here goes...

Leo Tolstoy....cos I love him, and his books, and his experience of Russian aristocracy

Lenin....another Russian iconic figure....past life memories at work here, I think

Che Guevara...why not?

Cait

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ok....but the next night....I would invite...

John Denver...to sing for us...

Lucille Ball....to make us all laugh...

And Yul Brynner....cos he's beautiful....

Cait
(never happy!)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My Grand-daddy(He loved me), My biological dad (questions, questions....)
and William Tyndale.

My Dad could cook for me, for once.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wow...the responses are so good! Dare I say it, real intimacy. No agendas, no points to make, just thoughts from the heart and soul.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Bono

OMG Did Bono die?

Jesus mostly. In fact, that is about the only person I would really want to meet.

Maybe Adam and John as well. Oh, and Daniel. It would be great to pick their brains. However, meeting Jesus would pretty much take care of everything I would want to ask them.

So, Jesus.

[edit on 8/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

We're going to be eating with Jesus at the Marriage Supper.
I hope my dad will be there.
I know my G-dad and Mr. Tyndale will.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Wow...the responses are so good! Dare I say it, real intimacy. No agendas, no points to make, just thoughts from the heart and soul.

Don't let it throw you too much. You'll on occasion come across (or in this case create) threads like these. Just enjoy. Just enjoy.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Don't let it throw you too much. You'll on occasion come across (or in this case create) threads like these. Just enjoy. Just enjoy.

Edit -- I thought of the question from an intellectual standpoint, historical figures and such. I agree with the poster that said the one he wants to see most would be too painful to part with a second time.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sonya610, I like your new bc color a lot.

Let's see....

Da Vinci~ I would have him paint me and my dog while I asked him questions.

Otis Redding~ I would have him sing during dinner, and then solve his mystery.

Fred Estair~ I would have him teach me to dance.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sonya, can I break the rules? I don't have just 3... I have so many questions for so many different people, it'd be impossible to pick 3 to get all the answers that I want lol.

Jim Morrision - I would love to take some song-writing tips from him, show him some of my poetry and take some notes, and we would bond over (as someone already said) our dark poetry.

John Lennon - From Music to Politics to Religion, we could talk all night, never a dull moment.

John F. Kennedy - I would love to hear his thoughts and ideas about the current economic situation in most countries, and of course, I'd want to know all about Marilyn Monroe and what kind of person she was. Oh, and who Jackie's stylist was in the 60's - she had wicked style back then.

Janis Joplin - She would come over the same night as Jim. We could all have a grand Jam session.

Jimi Hendrix - again, he would be coming over with Janis and Jim.

Richard Feynman - in one night, over the course of dinner, he could turn me into a physicist. Brilliant man.

Sigmund Freud - as a Psychology student, i have tonnes of questions

Just to name a few!

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Funny you should mention Freud!

I hope I'm not breaking any T&C rules, because this is an actual article.

Freud and Cocaine Invent Psychoanalysis

The Accomplishment:
Freudian psychoanalysis is one of the most influential and controversial theories of the 20th Century. While you can argue its merits all day (though we wouldn't recommend it) you can't deny that it created an entire branch of medicine, and more importantly, gave us the two best seasons of The Sopranos.
The Drug:
Cocaine. The first ten years of Sigmund Freud's career were like a roving coc aine pep rally. He prescribed coc aine to his friends for headaches, nasal ailments or just to "give (their) cheeks a red color." After all, why whore yourself up with makeup when you can get the same effect with a little coc aine?

Actual prescription.
Freud wrote unintentionally hilarious letters to his wife promising to show her what happens to a woman in the hands of a "wild man with coc aine in his blood." Oh, and he wrote an entire book called On Cocaine that's basic thesis was: Cocaine is *snip* awesome. You should really think about trying some.
After one of his friends died from the drug, Freud quietly folded up his coc aine pom-poms and sweater skirt combo, and went on to found the theory that was named after him. But a respected Freud biographer seems to think the drug played a huge role in the less embarrassing, second act of his career.
Why It Makes Sense:
In those letters to his wife bragging that he was a coc aine fueled sex machine, the man who created the talking cure said he most relied on the drug to untie his tongue. Louise Breger, who is something called a professor emeritus of Psychoanalytics Studies at the California Institute of Technology, suggests that before Freud experimented with the drug, he was an emotionally sterile, socially awkward guy in a lab coat. Cocaine not only untied his tongue, it turned him into the chatty Cathy that wanted to discuss how you felt about your mother.

"I think I'll write about coc aine again."
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's been around people on the drug or at least seen the movie Boogie Nights. Cocaine bestows its takers with a preternatural enthusiasm for talking about themselves, often to the great irritation of the people around them.
Berger specifically points to a series of all night coc aine benders in which Freud and his friend Fleischel discussed their "profoundest despair," as he referred to it. From those sessions Freud came up with the whole idea of the patient pouring out his feelings on a couch while the therapist nodded and took notes.

Before You Go Trying It...
Fleischel, the friend who sent Freud on the path toward psychoanalysis was the same guy the drug ended up killing.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Yeah, you can have as many as you like. Can we videotape it? If so, we can pay for the ATS bandwidth for the next errrm...century or so. : )

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join