It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vendors are Undermining the Structure of the US Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Vendors are Undermining the Structure of the US Elections

As we approach the 2008 general election, the structure of elections in the United States — once reliant on local representatives accountable to the public — has become almost wholly dependent on large corporations, which are not accountable to the public. Most local officials charged with running elections are now unable to administer elections without the equipment, services, and trade-secret software of a small number of corporations.[1]

Full Article Continues Here...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think this a very good topic you brought up. Unfortunately it will probably go south quickly because people are busy talking about McCain's homes. I live in Angelina County and heard a little about this.

I think people should be alarmed that the government is pushing for these machines and that only a few entities are making a killing. I would be interested in knowing which politicians are benefiting or benefited financially.

There is also the concern of whether the machines are really secured and reliable. With Presidential elections being so close as of late, a flawed voting system is the last thing we need.

I really think congress passed HAVA due to lobbyist input.

new topics

join