It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: Media Believes You Can't Criticize The Little Black Man Child'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Limbaugh: Media Believes You Can't Criticize The Little Black Man Child'

rawstory.com

"On the August 20 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh asserted of attacks by Sen. John McCain against Sen. Barack Obama: "[S]ee, there are Democrats -- the drive-bys" -- a term Limbaugh uses to denote the national media -- "are just so upset with these so-called 'ferocious attacks,'" Media Matters' Asli Bashir wrote Thursday. "These have been benign. Even the Britney Spears/Paris Hilton ad was funny. It was benign." He later added: "It's -- you know, it's just -- it's just we can't hit the girl. I don't care how far feminism's saying, you can't hit the girl, and you can't -- you can't criticize the little black man-child. You just can't do it, 'cause it's just not right, It's not fair. He's such a victim.'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I see Mr Oxycontin-Addict is back up to his usual shenanigans, skating as closely as possible to exposing his KKK dunce cap.

That this guy even HAS an audience who listens to him, let alone just got signed a $400 million contract, speaks volumes of the trouble we are in here as a nation.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh makes me sick

i honestly cannot believe i used to be a fan :shk:

But keep in mind - most of the things he says just panders to the bi-partisan "my team" tendencies of his audience.

Its for entertainment, and is the only way the EIB network could afford to pay him 400 million on that new contract

I find it hilarious that he's now sticking up for John McCain and telling people to vote for him

3 months ago he was telling people how ridiculous and pointless/worthless John McCain was, and now he can't wipe the brown stuff off his nostrils long enough to snort the oxycontin.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I actually agree with him.

We should execute all drug addicts......
Since he came up with the idea, we shall let him go first for his cause!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Let's bottom line this real fast.

He just doing his job, and we are talking about it on a web site. Self promotion and advertising dollars. You being upset puts more money in his pocket.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Let's bottom line this real fast.

He just doing his job, and we are talking about it on a web site. Self promotion and advertising dollars. You being upset puts more money in his pocket.

normally i'd agree with you

but in the case of rush limbaugh - i have to respectfully disagree

those who like limbaugh are already drawn to him, allow me to paint this picture

when a rotting corpse is in the woods - the flies find it for themselves. One fly doesn't run off and tell another fly where the rotting flesh is at.

however

the squirrel, who doesn't care for rotting meat, will communicate to all the other squirrels where the rotting meat is so that they can all avoid it.

Am i saying that Rush Limbaugh is a piece of rotting flesh? Yes

Am i saying that his die-hard followers are evolved maggots? Yes

I should know

i used to be one.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
More truth from Rush. The truth hurts, doesn't it? I find it hilarious that you guys are doing nothing but proving Rush right. KKK comparisons. Hilarious. Rush criticized Barack Obama for being a weak coward - which he is - and now Rush belongs in the KKK. Maybe you really can't criticize a black man.

No one wants to hear the truth. The truth is cold, cruel and unapologetic. People want warm, fuzzy bunnies and rainbows. Just remember, without the MSM, Barack Obama wouldn't have made it through the primaries. The MSM chose your precious candidate for you. Don't start crying because the coward is getting his clock cleaned.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

If you're going to have an opinion on Rush Limbaugh - atleast have an educated one:

Rush Limbaugh Quotes:

"Why should Blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
Who the hell cares." -Rush Limbaugh

[to black skinned african tribal leaders]
‘take that bone out of your nose and call me back.’
Rush Limbaugh

"When you strip it all away, Jerry Garcia
(former Grateful Dead guitarist) destroyed his life on
drugs. And yet he's being honored, like some godlike
figure. Our priorities are out of whack, folks."
(which is increasingly hilarious seeing as Rush said this line while he was on his own drug addiction)

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive
women easier access to the mainstream of society."

If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people--
I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely
no knowledge whatsoever to do--let the stupid and
unskilled Mexicans do that work

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get
a liquor store and practice robberies"

"The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them."

"We have more trees in this country today than when the Declaration of Independence was written. The wackos will tell you that's impossible."

"There are more acres of forestland in America today than when Columbus discovered the continent in 1492"

Limbaugh: "The poorest people in America are better off
than the mainstream families of Europe" (radio, 1993).
Reality: The poorest 20 percent of Americans can purchase
an average of $5,433 worth of goods with their income.
Meanwhile, in Germany, the average person can purchase
$20,610 worth of goods; in France, $19,200;
in Britain, $16,730 (World Development Report 1994,
published by the World Bank).

Source taken from just about any link found here

But yeah - you're right. Rush Limbaugh knows all and he is mighty and worthy of praise :shk:

As a recovering Rushbaby - i can tell you one thing - the man is full of hat gas. Even david letterman agree's

I challenge you to try and call into Rush's show and question him about any of the aforementioned quotes

my guess is the same thing will happen to you that happened to me

he refused to answer it on the premise that "i've already talked about this" and he hung up on me.

He's a big fat coward.

Anyone who takes anything he has to say is just as stupid now - as i was when i used to.

Rush Limbaugh will say anything to make buck. Thats fine, whatever, but he DOES have to live up to what he says.

He's a racist, a bigot, and a homophobe.

End of story.

[edit on 8/22/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

It's the term, "little black man-child" that is derogatory. Is it just stupid talk or does it expose a racist undercurrent in him and his views that he broadcasts nationwide?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Respectfully my advice is to just ignore Rush and other shock jocks because they get paid to say moronic things . Unless you live in North Korea your radio isnt set to one station so if you don't like Rush change the station or turn the radio off . If you don't like a media outlet or outlets simply boycott it .

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Rush takes that "'you can't hurt me, I'm rich BEEYATCH!" approach that separated my lower-middle class sensibilities from those of my friends from very wealthy families.

They had their problems, but they developed a high tolerance for criticism and drugs. There were no exceptions, particularly from the TRUELY wealthy people I used to know well.

Then I went to college, where most of the campuses I experienced (even if just visiting and of course my alma-mater) the all-stars of this culture being where the party was happening. Hey, I partook, but I was an outsider unwilling to do what it took to gain that acceptance from a mentality I now see in the working class.... makes me want to fight. So here I am.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Rush is just driving home the point that the Media is treating Obama like he is ABOVE being questioned...

Rush is ok... in small doses...

Anyone that talks for 3 hours a day, is going to have a few slips here and there...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Rush is just driving home the point that the Media is treating Obama like he is ABOVE being questioned...

Rush is ok... in small doses...

Anyone that talks for 3 hours a day, is going to have a few slips here and there...

I am quite sure that Obama has answered questions presented to him by the media. There are ALWAYS more questions to be asked no matter who is running for president. I cannot understand your comment at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Don't buy into this guy's crap.... Rush does these things intentionally whenever his ratings fall a bit.

It always pushes his numbers up. He is a very successful businessman, his shows are 99% controversial entertainment designed to get high ratings, and perhaps 1% real substantive content as far as news and current events are concerned.

It is an ACT people.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Like it or not Rush is the NUMBER ONE listened to radio personality in the NATION!
He speaks the truth and in not so politically correct tones, this obviously bothers some people with bleeding heart syndrome.

The man speaks the truth...deal with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

It's the term, "little black man-child" that is derogatory. Is it just stupid talk or does it expose a racist undercurrent in him and his views that he broadcasts nationwide?

He's just using it as an adjective. You have to understand something. Rush didn't bring up race. Obama did. Obama is the one that always plays the race card, along with his supporters and surrogates. You never hear this kind of stuff coming from the right wing. It's always the left. Every time Obama gets negative reviews, someone out there somewhere brings up how he's a struggling minority and he's got it so rough. Obama uses his race to help further him in the election. Since he can play that card, Rush can too.

The key word in that whole sentence isn't "black." I suppose if he said "little man-child," it wouldn't be offensive, but "little black man-child" is, right? I actually listened to him deliver that rant LIVE, and it didn't have anything to do with racism. You're just criticizing a small quote without taking in the big picture. Rush was playing on the FACT that Obama is our first affirmative action presidential nominee. If Obama was not black, he wouldn't be in the position he's in. The media has rallied behind him in part because of his minority status, and they propelled him to victory in the primaries.

Here's a little fact for you for how "racist" America is:

Right now, Obama and McCain are in a dead heat in the polls. We'll say around 45/45 for simplicity's sake. That means roughly half the white people out there are voting for Obama. However, somewhere around 90% of all black people are projected to vote for Obama. So who are the racists in this election?

The fact is, in this election, blacks, the Democrats and Obama himself have made this a race issue. But i guess that's a horribly racist statement since anything that points to a minority as racist, be it truthful or not, is racist on the part of the messenger.

It's hard to call Obama criticizers "racist" when Obama himself spent 20 years in a racist cult protected under the name "church."

[edit on 22-8-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

new topics

top topics

join