It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'House' discovered in cliff side,(in use by unknown, not anceint)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

the "comic book" i believe, i haven't read it myself. just remember reading that when i was researching this scenario.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That is pretty strange, isn't it?

My guess would be that the locale was not a survival hideout per se... maybe some nefarious doings going on there.

Funny though, it kinda reminds of a place near here that was known as the hermit cave. Just the same, cave with a wooden door or it... little window and everything. Legned goes, the man that lived there was placer mining, and would come down from the hills to exchange some gold for goods... it was obvious that this 'hermit cave' was a residence for many years. Just goes to show you what lengths people will go to.
I spent alot of time roaming around there years ago... found alot of interesting things, a nice little spot IMHO. Anyway, I will save all that for the survival forums.

Like I said, I don't think this was a SHTF cache spot... there would be more evidence than a few beer cans. (at least if I was there)

Any towns or such nearby? I would be intrigued to know where this chap was getting his food/supplies.

T-

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I'm from this town and there was no mention of a scream being heard someone on this forum has added this. The local coast guard lifted the peep hole and looked inside and seen all the things mentioned. I personally think it's a bunch of people who want there own private space.

Actually one of the reports did say something about a womans cries or something like that.

The chains may have been anchor points for hauling material up the cliff.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
When the curious lifeboat crew peered inside a porthole in the door they were astonished by what they saw – a compact and bijou home from home complete with painted walls, a wooden floor, tea lights for that additional touch of luxury – and even a sofa made from a seat taken from a mini-bus.
The hidden cave was discovered on Tuesday by the crew of the Arbroath inshore lifeboat after an extreme sports enthusiast who had been diving from the Seaton cliffs spotted the wooden door on the cliff face, close to a spot which is known locally as the De'ils Heid or Devil's Head.
Forth Coastguard received reports that voices had been heard coming from the cave and what could have been a cry for help.

Bit of a different spin on it.Seems some of the articles on it say different things.
Seems it was a diver who found it a cliff diver.
thescotsman.scotsman.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I was on a mine search and rescue team in calif for years and we found quite a few hidden camps.cave homes and other hidden living areas.

Back in the old mining days many miner running small mines built living quarter underground.
most are in the Calif desert area where it was very hot in the summer.
these hidden living quarters because the area is so dry sometimes look like someone just left. even though no one has been there for years.
(yes i have a map of where many that we searched are at and we closed them back up for our own use. as we also mapped mines from civil defence use)

Coober Pedy a mining town in northern South Australia is built underground.

In some areas of the sierras the forest service has stopped people from building cabin on there mining claims and some of the miners are building hidden living quarters in there mines.

Some pot growers are also building hidden living quarter near there pot farms.

This cave maybe for use by fisherman fishing out of season. or because they wanted livingquarters near where they fished and did not want to camp out in the weather.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Bit of a late reply just did a search on my hometown this came up tis wee housie is thought to have been installed by eastern european workers who come to this area to work the berry fields usually they have tents and camp out in woods on beach etc but looks like theese guys wanted to move a bit up market lol but still cheaper than the caravan site

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
One year later...
I was just wondering - What happened in this story?

Did they find the occupants?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join