It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'House' discovered in cliff side,(in use by unknown, not anceint)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Cool story but what bothers me is that they mention chains mounted to the wall. I don't know about any of you but I don't typically keep chains mounted to my wall at home and call it decor.

Further they heard someone screaming? That coupled with chains to the wall and well I'm thinking it's not a hang out pad. Let's hope this all turns out well.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reminds me of the book (turned into a movie) Jumper by Steven Gould,

where in the boor, the main character "David Rice" used his "Jumping abilities" to transport building martial to a naturally unreachable location in the deserts of arizona(i think) to build a safe house

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

the movie was called "the hills have eyes" and in the graphic novel there is actually a referance to sweney bean or whatever.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This reminds me of a place in Menorca where i went on holiday i think it was near Cala 'n Bosch (sp?) where there is homes built into the cliff's just completely carved out of the rocks, no wood, no steal or anything. Only the doors are made of wood. The only way in is a front door on the road side then when you go on the glass bottom boat trip, and you pass the caves and cliffs they show you the houses with windows facing out towards the sea. Incredible sight.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
chains on teh walls and screaming, eh? maybe the people there were just kind of kinky?

it is an odd find, but you hear about these things every so often, and even in the news. could be anything really.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
reply to post by DYepes

the movie was called "the hills have eyes" and in the graphic novel there is actually a referance to sweney bean or whatever.

I believe DYepes knew that and was creating a clever play on words by spinning the name of the movie to "The cliffs have eyes." By "graphic novel" did you mean comic book or original story that inspired the movie in the 70's?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Interesting find anyway. The door appears to be old and as if from some boat.
This may have been someone elses hideaway several years ago and maybe even kept it in the family or whomever they had abducted.

Cries for help with no one there almost sounds paranormal unless the person who said it was lying.

The ladder looks new and really obvious. Too bad there's no video and detailed forensic evidence. I wonder who has the movie or documentary rights to this story? Some birds might also make sounds like cries for help.

It would have been more interesting if it had been some old Nazi hideout and just discovered.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Damn interesting

sounds like a slasher movie scenario

cries for help herd in the caves too?

pretty scary stuff, they should probly check that place every so often, just to make sure there are no teenagers being skinned for meet or something weird like that ( I guess that would be more Horrific than weird)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by goukilock

That's Meat not Meet .......Duh

(once again i know my spelling can sometimes suck)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Nice thread mate, I made one about this myself but it looks like you beat me to it

Anyways, kinda creepy I think. Not sure exactly whats going on, seems quite strange to me though. The article mentions professional bolt holes so its not as if some tramp has decided to camp there.

Maybe used as a ritual spot?

Theres alot easier and safer places a homeless person would choose in the UK.

Anyways Ill be keeping an eye on this.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Anyways, kinda creepy I think. Not sure exactly whats going on, seems quite strange to me though.

The article did not mention a wench to bring up heavy objects. Though surely it must have had one, wonder what the weight load was?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
They said chains, NOT shackles

Everyones imagination is running wild here. MAYBE the chains run horizonal .... like a hand rail inside the cave? who know they didnt specify.

For some wierd reason my first thought was Dr. Evils new lair...

After thinking more rationally I think maybe it was a lookout during WW2
for incoming ships. I am not familliar with the location. Is it near where any fighting was done during WWII possibly ?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Its the plot from Lost.

Wonder if we will ever hear more about this.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I would rule the possibility that it was a WW2 lookout spot out, the article states that there was some beer cans found - some of which were quite fresh.

You wouldn't spend time and effort tunneling into a mountain for a lookout spot when you come simply sit on the top of it with a pair of binoculars.

Also, if it was a lookout point or similiar then there would be some sort of record of it somewhere and I'm almost certain that the locals and people like the lifeboat crews etc would definately already know about its existance.

Seems very strange to me however, whatever it was used for. The most likely explanation I can think of is that it was used as a place to carry out some type of ritual.

"It's been well made - it's been cemented into the cliffs, sealed round the entrance hatch, the rope ladder's tied down with eye-bolts, so it's been professionally done.

I doubt tramps or kids had access to the equipment needed to tie the ladder down etc As mentioned above, they said its been done "professionally"

Very, very intriguing

[edit on 23/8/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by mwood

Seems very strange to me however, whatever it was used for. The most likely explanation I can think of is that it was used as a place to carry out some type of ritual.
[edit on 23/8/08 by Death_Kron]

Maybe on the beer cans? lol. All hail thy beer can! The holder of the mighty!

Sorry, couldnt resist...

Surely the police would have taken these beer cans to find out exactly how old they are?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Sorry, I am totally confused and I read the article. LOL Did they peep in, through the window and see what was inside or did they break the lock and go inside?

I'm thinking if they heard a scream they should have broken the lock and went inside to investigate, to make sure someone was not being harmed. Plus, if they heard a scream, and could not explain it, then where do they think the scream came from?

I mean surely they sent down divers to see if there was some underwater opening to a cavern under the sea that might actually be above sea level and getting oxygen through cracks and holes in the rocks above. I've read of such places (something about some crystal skulls found by a diver), but I don't know if such a place could exist under the sea.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm from this town and there was no mention of a scream being heard someone on this forum has added this. The local coast guard lifted the peep hole and looked inside and seen all the things mentioned. I personally think it's a bunch of people who want there own private space.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

Hail the beer cans, I like it

I shall be hailing or rather drinking, the beer cans tonight!

Well the article just said that they were quite recent.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'd love to hear from someone who lived in Arbroath so I could ask them did they know that this place existed. I suppose it is possible to believe that its just been created by fishermen etc and all the locals know about its existance.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It does seem very strange.

Perhaps it's Lords Lucans hideout?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join