It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'House' discovered in cliff side,(in use by unknown, not anceint)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

'House' discovered in cliff side,(in use by unknown, not anceint)

www.arbroathherald.co.uk

ARBROATH'S RNLI lifeboat crew discovered a 'house' in the cliffs near the town this week.
The Coastguard had requested the assistance of the Arbroath RNLI lifeboat shortly after 4 p.m. on Tuesday as members of the public had called 999 after they thought they heard cries for help coming from caves.

The lifeboat was searching the caves
ADVERTISEMENT
and cliff face when they came across a rope ladder bolted to the cliff face.

A volunteer member of the lifeboat crew investigated further to ensure no one was in trouble inside the cave only to discover a wooden wall and locked door with porthole window inside a cave at the top of the ladder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I found this on the internet today and thought of ats, pretty cool. has its own door with porthole. i dont think they know who made it or is using it, maybe by someone who cannot be seen by the public? a Reptillian's/grey house? seamonsters house? or a modern pirate den, it could possibly be used for kidnapping.

i dont know, but i like to think that its some sort of reptillian's(inner earth kind) holiday home, the ultimate getaway from it all.

www.arbroathherald.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thats just bizare.Its not like a squat.Its a house inside a cave on cliffs in the middle of nowhere.Who the hell would build that.How would they have got all the stuff in there?
Amazing.
Cant wait for more info on it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Great, now I need to move.

Seriously, nice find, this place is great. Assuming it isnt being used for something awful. If its just some guy looking to get away for awhile, I couldnt imagine a better retreat. Please let us know if you find anything else on it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I know that oil fields used to have or still have sturdy doors set into a cliffside.
Reason being, I'm not sure, but pipeline systems are what I've been told.

Since this is in the UK an oil field is probably not involved, but the door could access the interior of the mountain for other reasons.
Pipelines as noted, low voltage electrical distribution systems and perhaps it was part of the coastal defense system during WW2.

Regardless, interesting post.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Someone laying low from the law maybe

I'd believe that before I believe it was Reptilians

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
probably used by drug smugglers, no doubt the tabloids will claim elvis was seen in the area

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

Very unlikley, considering there is(from what I gather, was seen through teh porthole.as no pictures of inside) wooden laide floors! painted walls and fresh beercans inside. also possible a white cat named fluffy

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It kind of reminds me of the secret party pit of my teenage years, out of sight out of mind, although ours was 100ft up a maple tree on a wooden platform, wasn t easy getting up and even harder coming down after a few wobbly pops.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
For some very strange reason, the first thing I thought of when I read this article was Sawney Bean. Although I certainly hope that whatever this cave home was used for in no way bears any similarities to that legend!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuadroClip
It kind of reminds me of the secret party pit of my teenage years, out of sight out of mind, although ours was 100ft up a maple tree on a wooden platform, wasn t easy getting up and even harder coming down after a few wobbly pops.

How in the hell did anyone not die?

If I was drinking I'd stay the hell away from places like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Chains on the wall? not a good sign but why did they leak this to the news without sitting around and seeing who was using it? Sloppy coppers. Was there any hidden tunnels in this house or elsewhere in the cliffs? It's a good idea for a retreat thou. As long as the cliff above isn't decaying rapidly. Post more pics if you see any.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

I think the forties pipeline has a node near arbroath so you could be right, I think its for drug running myself.
Looking at live maps is pretty good, the coastline has lots of natural inlets.

mind you, cries of help, perhaps is people smuggling?

[edit on 21-8-2008 by beefeater]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Oh that mcgyver is always making the coolest things.

It might just be a "romantic" place to go with your mermaid "friend".

[edit on 21-8-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Cave 'house' entrance. Some ones going to be gutted their 28 / 11/ 2011 hide outs been found....

Awesome beyond words though.

#weird, now I have logged in the links at the top post work... strange!

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

LOL. I thought the same thing as I was typing, It was pretty scary, I hadn't thought about it in 25yrs, just being young and stupid I guess, we would do some crazy [SNIP]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
when i read about the chains on the walls i was thinkking somethings like this

but now you mention it, it could of been to keep something in there, that was peoridically checked up on and fed/water/clean, they guy had a few beers while at it, maybe a reptillian!

[edit on 21-8-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
probably used by drug smugglers, no doubt the tabloids will claim elvis was seen in the area

yep. one of Howard Marks' old hideouts. still its very cool whatever it is

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So what is the big deal? One of the college professors in Indiana had a house built in a cave. Biggest problem was the 100% humidity. Otherwise it was a really neat place.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Neat post.

I'm not terribly dark in my thinking, but- I smell something sinister here...

Very hard to hear a scream on a sea- cliff, don't you think ?

I could here the police dispatcher on this one , ' ma'm, calm down- there are millions of seagulls on that cliff... '.

Somethin sick might have been going on there and somebody wanted to tip off the cops ?

I prefer the partying kids or the guy-in-the-doghouse theory, though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join