Why was time going by so fast?

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Earlier this summer I noticed that time was going by extremely fast, like, faster than usual. Time almost always goes slow for me. I have enough time to keep track of my thoughts and think. I have enough time to make decisions. But like there was a time when time was zipping by. I'm not sure what it was. Could it have been an alteration in our timeline? I've seen a lot of threads about timeline and I've seen similar posts made by other people who have claimed that time seemed to be zipping by for them. It was once like that for me too. What was causing it?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
it happens as you get older, it is just your perception of it.
someone else will give you a better answer

[edit on 21-8-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
As you get older, time will appear to be faster because your memories are basically stacked on top of each other, similiar to the way a database will make an index.

When you are a kid, almost everything you experience is new. And so time seems to go by real slow. As you get older, you really only remember the new things which aren't as common and thus time appears to fly by.

And it gets weird too. Like you might not remember each specific time you did something that wasn't unique, but you might remember the number of times you did it, which is unique.

Thats how I understand it anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't know why, but for the past few months (since january) time has felt like it was literally going faster. I'm 18, not that old. Even older people I know have mentioned the same thing.

new topics

join