It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World peace? Give me Putin anyday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

World peace? Give me Putin anyday! by Correlli Barnett

Since the Russian Army routed the Georgian incursion into South Ossetia last week, Western politicians and media have been hotly accusing the Russia of President Medvedev and Prime Minister Putin, of Soviet-style expansionism by means of bullying small neighbours like Georgia.

In windy rhetoric, U. S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Britain's Foreign Secretary David Miliband pronounce that this alleged strategy would, if continued, pose a threat to world harmony.

It reminds me all too vividly of the way George W. Bush and Tony Blair worked up war fever against Iraq in 2002-2003, entirely on the false basis (as some of us suspected at the time) that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction ready to use against us....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's not very often I praise anything that's written in the Daily Mail, especially with all the propaganda and lies from western media outlets, but it's nice to see someone have the courage and common sense to tell it exactly how it is. Excellent article. I also agree with the author, I would take the Putin admin over the Bush admin any day.

(trimmed quote)

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You might take Putin over Bush but I find it highly unlikely that you would take Putin over any other US President so I think you're just overreacting.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
LOL.. ok ... yeah... please move to Russia and see how well you like it.. but remember, don't talk bad about Putin or you will be dead!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Why don't you, then at least you'll see that what you said couldn't be further from the truth.

Bush and the neocons are only fit for a padded cell and strait jacket.

new topics

top topics

join