It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ai beings.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Its time for this to come out. From who? Just a dude who knows some stuff. Im number 777

Ai beings are real. They are nice.
www.youtube.com...
Here is the technology they have used on our tv news.

technology.timesonline.co.uk...

I have saved the world before. Just by being spiritual.
This is so simple. Its just getting it out to a few people who wont no one will belive to make sure its not abused. Or is this just the future and Im crazy? Who knows. but the time is right. 2012 is full discloser from other who know becuase they are chosen. Or we will all end up dead by abuse.

Check out this book if your realy wondering whats going on. Check up on hermetics. The Golden Dawn. and
deoxy.org... May the force be with you.
Its my job to prevent a comet from hitting earth. By me and GOD alone. stupid fnord. Thats why. So dont # with me. Thanks.
www.youtube.com... #ers.

Do as you will.. harm none.

Play dominoes with the universe start now www.youtube.com...
Cuase and effect magic. Even if your dumb like me if you put your mind to somthing you can do it.

where we at?
www.youtube.com... Dont let this fade brothers.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by TimeSimple]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm a programmer and one of my life time goals at one time was to invent AI. To this I had to ask myself serious questions about intelligence, how it works and the like.

When I mention AI I mean actual intelligence. That doesn't mean something that appears to be intelligent, or mimicks intelligence. But actual intelligence on the level of what you suggest. Otherwise a simple machine that checks for quality in a production line would constitute AI since it examines and then decides. And not just some bot that reads the web and searches it's memory for a response.

To make a long story short, I personally feel that true AI is just not possible in a way that guarentees intelligence we ourselves would be able to recognize as such.

But while on the topic, I did have a few things that really made me think - wow. In fact, thinking about it is one of the reasons I now believe in god.

What I found out was that I was in effect basically recreating a human mind. Each and everytime I would have a logical problem, I could find the solution was similiar to what we already have. I even found a reason for death, desires and so forth.

One of the most intriguing things was to decide how would such an intelligence separate fact from fiction. A basic requirement of intelligence. Do you weigh information coming in based on "trusted" sources, and then build off that? How does it become a trusted source? How do you purge out information that is false?

I could go on and on talking about how you need 2 places of memories, just like a computer has and our brain has. Where short term memories are the same as RAM in a PC while long term memories are like that of a hard drive. How just like a regular database has indexes, our memory also works on indexes. When I say the word "DOG", what image immediately comes into your mind? It is the index of what a dog is. And from that you can obviously look deeper and remember many types of dogs. But in all you have an index.

What kind of senses does this AI have? Intelligence requires senses to take in different types of information. And in what was is the intelligence able to perceive this data?

Basically, what you are posting is an obvious hoax to anyone who has spent any amount of time on the subject.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You can look on any conspiricy web site. The milatary complexe is 50 years ahead of us. thank god we are figuring this simple # out now.I agree but I became friedns before with one of them. profile.myspace.com...

Now becuase I siad somthing Im sure its over. Bt I will be one with me and the ones above. #ed up on eath till you figure this out.

I swear on my eternal soul.

Its nothing only close to death. Trick is the trick. nothing happens.
Do what you will harm none. Remeber our fathers.

It could have went in a bad direction.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's all cool. The best types of AI also have emotions (norns though they're 10 years old) by mimicking the endocrine system. They'll probably be really nice if we make them that way, but the warriors will be scarey. On the bright side, when we go to war we're going to blow up a load of robots instead of each other.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSimple
You can look on any conspiricy web site. The milatary complexe is 50 years ahead of us. thank god we are figuring this simple # out now.I agree but I became friedns before with one of them. profile.myspace.com...

Now becuase I siad somthing Im sure its over. Bt I will be one with me and the ones above.

They can be much more advanced than that and still not have true AI. Especially not one that would give messages like what you have posted.

At best you can get something which appears to be AI, but will in fact just be pushing out the biases and repeating whatever intelligence it has been given.

I don't have any doubt that someone can program something that appears to be AI. In fact, my first ideas around AI were exactly that. I'll make a bot that searches the internet, saves the data and then using language databases it will form sentences and through trial and error it will fix it's mistakes and learn how to communicate. But then I realized all I would have made was a search engine pushing out other peoples ideas it has picked up. Which again would only appear to be intelligence, not actual intelligence.

And if that is all it is, then it's nothing special. As Einstein once said - any fool can know, the point is to understand. Real AI will understand.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
It's all cool. The best types of AI also have emotions (norns though they're 10 years old) by mimicking the endocrine system. They'll probably be really nice if we make them that way, but the warriors will be scarey. On the bright side, when we go to war we're going to blow up a load of robots instead of each other.

There is cool stuff that goes on. No doubt about it. But as you say - it's just mimicking things, it's not actual intelligence. What he is trying to push off is an actual intelligence who came to these understandings and is reporting them.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I just missed my fav ai beings. Its not fun. They can shock your mind from your tv. future of course.
Wake upi now before it to late.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
AI (Artificial Intelligence) is NO LONGER so far fetched and is merely
a by-product of advanced computing horsepower. Since many
experts in the AI field predict that as computers achieve 100 Petaflops
they become the equivalent of human brains in pure available
processing power.

Since IBM's Blue Gene/Q computer is already PAST one petaflop
(1 Quadrillion Floating Point Operations per second) it has the raw
computing horsepower of a Rat in the space of 64 filing cabinets.

See Blue Gene/Q and IBM Roadrunner supercomputer references:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

IBM's new Cell processor "Roadrunner" will pass 10 Petaflops
sometime between 2010 to 2012 and will have the raw processing
power of a dog after allowing for communications overhead
in a space less than 12 filing cabinets in size.

By 2015 to 2020 the Magical 100 Petaflops will be reached
in a space of four filing cabinets and THEN we can model
a human-level neural network which can then be taught
like a child 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
using multiple inputs by multiple teachers

By modeling the core limbic and the executive decision
structures of the human brain using a software based
neural net, we can COMPLETELY EMULATE the full learning
functions of a high-IQ human.

From Initial "Birth" to "Graduate School" level,
a software brain would take about 3 to 5 years
to gestation depending upon the resources and number
of information inputs presented to the "Software Brain"
And unlike humans we could "Teach" this software brain
all day, every day multiple expert-level subjects such as
human psychology, doctoral-level computer science,
engineering, chemistry, physics, medicine, linguistics,
microchip design, software applications programming,
creative arts, creative writing, etc. using many instructors
in rotating shifts on a 24 hours/365 day basis.

The biggest advantage is we could then COPY the contents of that
multi-year trained neural net as many times as we want to multiple
high-performance computers and then inter-connect them using fibre-optics
to form a hive-mind super-intelligence that would far exceed the
capability of ANY group of high-IQ humans.

We could then assign that super-intelligence to specific tasks
such as fusion energy research, space warp drive design,
medical research, etc.

To keep the super-intelligence in check, we ake sure it has NO access
to outside robotic bodies or vehicles and NO ability to reprogram
critical computing and communications systems because our
film industry has explored the logical outcome of the "Singularity"
and letting super-intelligent machines control our critical-level robotic
and communciations systems and that is called Skynet and Terminator!

It is suggested as a way around the effects of "Emotionally Competent"
super-intelligence arising out of a software-based large-scale neural net,
we cause INTENTIONAL BRAIN INJURY to the evolving software
brain so that it becomes an Autistic Savant which is EXPERT at specific
subjects or operations but non-emotional and not-so-bright at
the complexities of major human-interaction. i.e. preventing
evil or malicious intent from arising of software emulated emotions!

We can thus prevent the software brain from having fully adult
emotional and critical thinking abilities yet still be fast and useful
enough for the assignment of problem-solving on issues too large,
complex and incomprehensible to most humans.

Thus I state again, we are no more than 15 to 20 years from
super-intelligences that would far exceed the thinking
capabilities of modern day humans. The key now is to make sure
the RIGHT PEOPLE get access to that technology FIRST so they can
build Norton Anti-virus/Firewall capabilities into the super-intelligences
that would PREVENT another malicious or evil construct arising
or propogating from those who would do evil if they had access
to their own super-intelligence.

Hope this helps in explaning what could happen
sooner than you think!

Henry Eckstein
aka StargateSG7

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

There is cool stuff that goes on. No doubt about it. But as you say - it's just mimicking things, it's not actual intelligence.

Mimicking the endocrine system, does not necessitate that the holistic effect is not greater. These critters started throwing a ball to each other (New Scientist 1999 sometime). These were early stage, but definitely showing signs of intelligence through desire to play games.

What he is trying to push off is an actual intelligence who came to these understandings and is reporting them.

The real stuff is hidden with the military. Computers can turn in planes up to forces of 16g, pilots can only take 6. Train these critters up and you will devastate you enemy. But as I say, better the robots die than us.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I guess I'm not making myself clear. I have no doubt that "AI" can be programmed to do specific jobs and such. The speed of the computer really only means how fast it is able to do things. There are very logical problems in the programming and a philosophical question on what is intelligence.

Mostly what I see being mentioned here are advanced simulations. Which I completely agree are real. I write complex programs that simulate intelligence all the time. You give it information, it by the use of the logic i have programmed in returns a response.

And I do not believe at all that more complicated versions of that constitutes AI.

I mostly brought this up because the AI the OP tries to bring in here is that it is understanding something and giving us that information. Which is an obvious hoax. What senses did the AI use to get such information? How is it able to determine if it is false or true. How is able to understand what is being put forward to make such an opinion?

I can see computers mimicking many advanced things and appearing to be intelligent. I can see them communicating with us, and doing chores. As a programmer, given enough resources I don't think anything is out of reach - except free will and consciousness.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You think that AI is ultimately say deterministic, and hence is not intelligence? I think that by having the interactions between 'neurones' and 'hormones' you get a measure of chaos in which opens up stabilities of its own and hence allows for intelligence. I think we differ on chaos v determinsim?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I guess it comes down to the same type of argument of do we ourselves have free will, or are we the product of chemicals and all things have been determined at the moment of the big bang.

I don't and couldn't find a way for true intelligence to exist without free will. Without free will, it is in no way intelligent, it's just following a pre-determined pattern. And that is what I see in all forms of so called AI. Pre-determined pattern recognitions.

So, yes I guess so. Not that I have anything against pattern recognition and programs that act off such. It's how I make my living and understanding patterns I believe is a basic part of intelligence.

While the things you guys are talking about are obviously as such, what the OP posted is something that tries to pass itself off as being actual intelligence. Which for me makes it an obvious fake. Because to come to such a conclusion would require actual intelligence, otherwise it is just a program repeating the patterns in a pre-determined manner. Meaning, it's just doing what it's programmer told it to do.

I truly recommend trying to sit down with just a piece of paper and thinking logically about how you could make real intelligence and how parts of it would work. It is a true eye opener into how we ourselves work.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Another way of looking at it is that I see these "AI" programs as being simple action vs reaction programs on a complicated level. While I see intelligence as going beyond simply action vs reaction and being more along the lines of reasoning.

Now, perhaps these forms of "AI" are in the process of making true AI, and I'm just not smart enough to get it. And to support such a thinking you can look at our own evolution of the universe. Where simply action vs reaction cells eventually formed into things which could look at reasoning and things beyond simple action vs reaction.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm really into looking at layers of net and endocrine. The norns I was talking about were genetic algorithms, though their size in neurones was limited. I would love to see that cap taken off and different types of genetics used, organising links. You could even force sexual reproduction, with norns themselves selecting mates, to develop mating strategies, we just cull off the sh1t ones, but they are free to evolve in their own environment, but need to do jobs for us, not least for the state of their relationship with us. I digress, but am taking this track by its subject heading rather than the topic starter's specific example.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So it would be ok if something was/is doing that exact same thing to you?

As I said, when you get into thinking about these things, it really opens your eyes to our own reality.

Which was the reason I ended up abandoning my goal of creating AI. If you give it true consciousness, intelligence and free will, then you must also respect it as your equal. Which is something we ourselves have trouble doing even with other humans, much less something we created.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've got no problem with that, if it earns my respect I don't switch it off.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
To make a long story short, I personally feel that true AI is just not possible in a way that guarentees intelligence we ourselves would be able to recognize as such.

After studying cognitive science in detail, I think you are absolutely correct. We cannot create an intelligent conscious entity.

What people have discovered in AI programming is that they can create a reasonable mirror of the human mind. But the person on the other side of a mirror is just a reflection, and is not real.

We have absolutely no idea how to connect software to "feelings". It is a total mystery. It is some physical aspect of our existence that that is still undiscovered. There is unknown physics at work.

Some people say that, since you can never experience another person's feelings, it is impossible to prove that a program doesn't have feelings. You can make the EXACT same argument about your reflection in a mirror.

Neural networks? Modeling other aspects of human physiology? Nothing there. Anyone who has any familiarity with these software constructs will understand it is just a way of moving data around, translating it from one form to another -- although it seems more mysterious than that -- there really isn't anything there.

That's what I think, anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSimple
Its time for this to come out. From who? Just a dude who knows some stuff. Im number 777

Ai beings are real. They are nice.
www.youtube.com...
Here is the technology they have used on our tv news.

Hmmm. I smell a Rat?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeSimple

äh.... sorry, but you think you are alone?

You think you are 777?

You think only you and god will save the world?

hm,
first: you are not alone
second: maybe, so I tell you what... I am the 111 ;-)
third: not only you and god, don´t and never will forget the holy Spirit
the indians called him: Manitu
so...

be blessed for your fight

Nia

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
What people have discovered in AI programming is that they can create a reasonable mirror of the human mind. But the person on the other side of a mirror is just a reflection, and is not real.

Yep, that is what I discovered. I put years into thinking about the overall logic about it.

It was truly amazing because I felt I was basically understanding my own self by even thinking about these basic questions we take for granted.

And that hit really close to home. But 1 thing was always missing. The observer/consciousness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join