It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Extreme Close Encounter in 1977-78, with questions.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Komodo

The problem is you say it was a Close Encounter when you didn't see anything. A lot of people will be upset when they read the thread to find out it was a strange noise only.
Could someone have been playing a prank?
Could some type of alien craft flew near the window?
Could some unknown natural phenomena caused the sound?
Could it of been a poltergeist?
Could you have been in some type of dream state and the noise was in your head?

I wish you would of peeked outside to see what it was.

I am trying to post as many questions as to what could of caused it.

The problem is you say it was a Close Encounter when you didn't see anything.

1) So basically now eyes are more of a witness than our ears?? Since when did our eyes become MORE important than our ears when trying to figure out what we experience.
2). If more ppl would READ and attempt to ANSWER the questions that I had asked AFTER the story instead of just saying .. "oh.. it was just a noise....whatever" I even POSTED a link in an earnest attempt to match what was the closest 'noise' I heard; with no one trying to debunk what I hear that day...period. I wasn't trying to post my story, it was the background I need to pose my earnest questions.
3). Even If I did poke my head out to 'see' what the 'nose' was, would ppl still even believe me based on the thousand of testimonies of ppl on ATS and other websites say they SAW a 'UFO'. Btw UFO does NOT mean it's a flying saucer....it means ...it's unidentified, which means, there no current technology that we have in the world that we can describe what we've seen, heard or even experienced.

As for all the other questions you pose.... please read the questions at the bottom of the OP.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It sounds to mae like you saved yourself or your friend from a possible abduction.
I could also be that you were abducted, but have no recolection of it.
I had experienced some missing time a few years after my second abduction, I don't remember what happened during that lost hour.

-Jimmy

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

In 1977-78, I was living with my best friend and his family. I had a Cox on the opposite side of the bedroom room but fairly close, within 4ft, of the bedroom _ The bedroom was on the second story of the house.

Should have inserted that in in 1977, I was 18 (sorry major detail left out
)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

this sound stayed outside my bedroom _.....hovering. I was so scared because I couldn't figure out what could be making that sound!!! I was to scared to even look outside. After 30-40 secs.. it faded off... I never saw any lights, just a strange noise.

I had a nearly exact same experience earlier this year. It was late at night, and I heard what could only sound to me like a helicopter in the distance. Slowly, the sound came closer towards our house until it finally hovered for several second right over our roof. I was scared speechless. My wife didn't hear a thing, and slept through the entire episode.

Was it a helicopter? A UFO? Why didn't all my neighbors wake up? Why wasn't my dog barking like she normally would if someone or something was approaching the house? Why was I the only one that heard it.

The only connection I seem to make is that I purchased a shofar - which is a Jewish religious musical instrument made from a ram's horn - and had been playing it non-stop up until that night. Was the shofar some kind of powerful sound that summoned some unknown force to hover over my house?

This incident scared the beejeebers out of me too. The only way I can describe the sound was that it sounded like a helicopter, only louder, and had a "whooshing" sound. No lights, and I saw nothing else. I just sat up in my bed speechless and terrified.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I hate to break this to you, but he does have a point. You hear a noise that sounds electric/electronic, and automatically take the HUGE leap declaring it to be alien or government simply because you didn't know what it was. That would be like me hearing a car start up and declaring it an alien mothership because I couldn't Identify the sound. I'm sorry, dude, but you haven't given enough info for anyone to identify what sound you heard, let alone determine the possibility of alien/government involvement.

To answer some of your questions:

originally posted by: Komodo

1) So basically now eyes are more of a witness than our ears?? Since when did our eyes become MORE important than our ears when trying to figure out what we experience.

Um, since always. Our eyes are our #1 sensory organs, they are the most important means through which we observe, identify, and interact with the world. I'll give you an example.

One night, I was laying in bed. My mom died a few years back. I suddenly hear her voice out in my living room, clear as day. But she is dead! (And cremated, as her ashes sit in my living room on a shelf). Does that automatically mean my dead mother is suddenly out in my living room talking to me?

No. When I heard my mother's voice, it startled me enough to go out in my living room and see what the hell was going on. When I got to my living room, I found the source of my mother's voice. One of my cats had decided to lay down on the bookshelf where I had a picture of my mother. The picture was in a frame that had a voice recorded message my mother had made for me before she died. The frame had a button on it that when you pushed it, it played back the recorded message. My cat, when she layed down, had pressed the button, thus triggering the voice recording.

Of course, I discovered this by actually going out to the living room and SEEING with my EYES what was happening.

The point of this story is to show how important SEEING is when we experience something.

2). If more ppl would READ and attempt to ANSWER the questions that I had asked AFTER the story instead of just saying .. "oh.. it was just a noise....whatever" I even POSTED a link in an earnest attempt to match what was the closest 'noise' I heard; with no one trying to debunk what I hear that day...period. I wasn't trying to post my story, it was the background I need to pose my earnest questions.

I did read it. And am attempting to answer. Your questions aren't that clear.

3). Even If I did poke my head out to 'see' what the 'nose' was, would ppl still even believe me based on the thousand of testimonies of ppl on ATS and other websites say they SAW a 'UFO'. Btw UFO does NOT mean it's a flying saucer....it means ...it's unidentified, which means, there no current technology that we have in the world that we can describe what we've seen, heard or even experienced.

It's not a matter of people believing you, it's a matter of having more information in the first place. Hearing a noise is not remarkable, when that's all that happened. You need more than just a noise if you want people to try and figure out what happened.

The oddest thing about your whole encounter is your reaction. You hear a strange noise OUTSIDE your home, and your first reaction is to grab a machette and wait in your room, without even looking outside to see what is going on, to see if there was anything outside in the first place. That's not what people normally do. Most people, when confronted by a strange noise outside their homes will, at the very least, look out their window, or investigate in other ways. People usually only go for a weapon when they have reason to believe that something might be dangerous. Not being funny or anything, but do you have PTSD, or have you experienced a very traumatic, violent event in your life? Because the first thing you did was go for a weapon, which for this case, is pretty damned weird.

I have no doubt you heard something strange, and I am an amateur UFO investigator myself, who happens to believe that they exist. I also happen to believe in a number of other paranormal phenomenon, as well as secret government tech. However, your experience, as you have described it, does not have enough information to even determine whether or not you had a UFO/Government tech encounter in the first place. Hearing a strange noise you didn't identify does not make this a UFO encounter.

Genuine UFO encounters or paranormal events have much more than a strange sound in them. It is not one single event, but a collection of events and observations, that make an event unusual. Even in cases where people did not see a UFO itself, they saw or experienced a lot of other weird things during the event that make it strange. Things like:

1. Electrical/Electronic sounds (You heard this, but unfortunately, that is all there is to the encounter, and you need more than that.

2. Electrical/technological malfunctions (Losing electric power, cars stalling or engines dying, flickering lights, electrical devices failing to work or shutting off suddenly, radios going haywire, ect)

3. Weird smells (In UFO encounters, the most commonly reported smells are of ozone, metal, or burnt plastic, but other weird smells have been reported.

4. Animals being spooked, behaving erratically, animals panicking.

5. Missing time, confusion. Many times, these missing time episodes are accompanied by strange marks or injuries on the body that the person has no recollection of having, or waking up in a different place from where they slept.

6. Higher than normal radiation readings during and after the encounter.

7. Burn marks on land, plants, man made objects, even people in the vicinity of the encounter

8. Other marks in the area of the encounter (dents on vehicles, "landing marks" on the ground, minor or serious damage to objects in the area

9. Reports of "Military" or "Government" types of people in the area after the event, the typical "Men in Black" stuff.

10. Seeing strange lights or electrical/atmospheric disturbances in the area

11. And of course, actually seeing a weird craft/object.

These are all things that people report when they have a UFO experience or encounter. Only one thing, reported by itself, does not make the experience unusual, it is a number of things happening or observed that make the whole event weird.

So let me ask you some questions. During or after your experience, did you observe any of the above events? Did your friend have pets? If he did, were they acting very weird, frightened, or agitated? The next day, did you see anything unusual outside your window, or on the property, or even in the general area? Did anyone else in the area report anything weird as well? Have you had any other unusual experiences?

As for all the other questions you pose.... please read the questions at the bottom of the OP.

I have. I'll get to those in another post.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

Here are my questions:

~Based on my close encounter, what type of weaponry could/did any of the world governments have in these 2 specific years that would match my experience?

A lot of different pieces of tech, and not limited to government stuff, either. Electrical fields, PA systems or loudspeakers cranked up with no input, home electronic devices, toys, ect.

The issue here is that you are taking a huge leap assuming it was government or alien, without ruling out other possible causes first.

~In my observations of UFO Phenomena, there’s seems to me to be 2 camps and only 2 camps. Those that had never experienced any UFO Phenomena and those that have. Why is this?

Um...for the same reasons that there are only two "camps" of people in any yes/no affirmative/negative scenario. It's like saying there are only two types of people: people who have had sex, and people who have not. Or people who are deaf, and people who can hear. Or people who are male, and people who are female. Or people who have kids, and people who don't. It's not that mysterious, really.

~I have friends on either side of these camps and a few are fairly intelligent people but, those that have experienced the Phenomena are only a couple at best than those that have not. Are those that have had experiences, have they been previously ‘selected’ or is it really just random?

There are many schools of thought on this. Some are random. In the case of abductions, it seems some are random, some are selected. There is no consensus on the matter.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join