It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Extreme Close Encounter in 1977-78, with questions.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I know I’ve post this as a reply to a couple of post in ATS before, however, I’ve never made it a thread till now. Here’s my entire account of my experience.

In 1977-78, I was living with my best friend and his family. I had a Cox on the opposite side of the bedroom room but fairly close, within 4ft, of the bedroom window. The bedroom was on the second story of the house.

Around 12:30am-1am I was lying there trying to get to sleep and realized I was hearing something that sounded kinda weird but fairly faint but growing slightly louder, as if was coming closer to the house. My first thought was, 'hmmm.. must the be electric fence...but, that’s not the electric fence..." my mind instantly thought.. " Must be a satellite...but.. ahh.. they don't fly that low..." After about 15 secs passed.. my heart began the race for the simply fact that this sound wasn't anything I could describe at the time.

Reaching down beside my Cox, I grabbed my freshly razor sharp machete and suddenly realized the sound was right outside my bedroom window...how could that be since the window was on the second story!

Sitting straight up with machete raise in my right hand, very intent to shred anything that came through that window be it dog, cat, bird ect. this sound stayed outside my bedroom window......hovering. I was so scared because I couldn't figure out what could be making that sound!!! I was to scared to even look outside.

After 30-40 secs.. it faded off... I never saw any lights, just a strange noise.

I waited about 30 more secs and flipped on the light and after 2 attempts to wake my friend up in a soft voice, on the 3rd try, he woke up and raised up rubbed his eyes and said.. " G******** this better be good.. or..." and when he got his eyes open and saw me still sitting straight up with a machete poised.. he said..

" FRIEND... ahhh... you ok ?? !! WTH is going on man ?? !"
ME: "something was outside our window..! "
FRIEND: " what.. " and has he began to moved toward it..
ME: " DON"T .. Damm it or I’ll swing.. Stay AWAY.. " as I made a move to threaten to swing if he went closer to the window.

My friend realizing I meant business, he said..
FRIEND: " calm down.. You’re a pale white and your drenched in sweat!.. I'm going to look out the window if anything comes through of grabs me.. I mean it, swing away… Ok??"
ME: "ok... "

I poised with my machete close by as he moved to the window, peer out the curtain..
FRIEND: "nothing...there's nothing there... "

I broke down weeping (which I never did) from fright and dropped my machete. He went down and got his Dad and came up to console me and asked what happened.. by this time the whole house, was up.. I told them what had happened but i couldn't explain the sound..

A few years later, I heard something that sounded so eerily familiar when watching an awesome movie called.. Star Wars, the Empire Strikes Back...

the Empire droid that landed on Hoth, .........made the SAME almost exact sound as the one outside my bedroom window a few years before!!!!

A chill ran down my spine and I gripped the arms of the chair.. (end)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my questions:

~Based on my close encounter, what type of weaponry could/did any of the world governments have in these 2 specific years that would match my experience?

~In my observations of UFO Phenomena, there’s seems to me to be 2 camps and only 2 camps. Those that had never experienced any UFO Phenomena and those that have. Why is this?

~I have friends on either side of these camps and a few are fairly intelligent people but, those that have experienced the Phenomena are only a couple at best than those that have not. Are those that have had experiences, have they been previously ‘selected’ or is it really just random?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
~In my observations of UFO Phenomena, there’s seems to me to be 2 camps and only 2 camps. Those that had never experienced any UFO Phenomena and those that have. Why is this?

Yeah, I find the same thing with airplane crashes. There have either been people in airplane crashes, or people who haven't been in airplane crashes. Why is this?

Are you serious?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

wow.. I thought I iggied you already .. meh .. guess it's time now ..

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
oh .. and Nohup.. you just prove my point on which camp you're in.
thx !

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Here are my questions:

~Based on my close encounter, what type of weaponry could/did any of the world governments have in these 2 specific years that would match my experience?

I think you're jumping the gun on whether the -sound- you heard signified a weapon. Surely anyone who had high-tech weaponry in your vicinity would also have high-tech targeting capabilities (they'd have used the weapon)

So doubt it was a weapon. Many things can have odd sounds.

Not a bad question. What you're saying is that those who have seen high strangeness are from all levels of society's strata. Does that make it an external, or objective phenomena? After all, people share the same biological make up and are more or less prone to having intense subjective experiences. We might call them 'fantasy-prone' personalities. (but is that begging the question?)

As I said, the phenomenon doesn't select based on intelligence, only perception. Is it real or imagined? Insufficent data to know.

~I have friends on either side of these camps and a few are fairly intelligent people but, those that have experienced the Phenomena are only a couple at best than those that have not. Are those that have had experiences, have they been previously ‘selected’ or is it really just random?

It's more or less random, and we probably have an inflated sense of the frequency being on a conspiracy board.

2 cents,

HTH

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
1) How is this an "extreme close encounter"? You heard a noise outside your window?? Thats it?

2) What is a Cox?

3) A machete won't do you much good.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Maybe a close encounter with whacking something with a machete.
I believe a cox is a bed of sorts.
It depends; if it were someone trying to pull something then a machete would be an excellent selection.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why is it that everyone sleeps with an array of knives, swords and machettes?

Very bizarre story. The way you told the story it almost sounded like you were in a trance, i.e.,

ME: " DON"T .. Damm it or I’ll swing.. Stay AWAY.. " as I made a move to threaten to swing if he went closer to the window

Not certain if you were in your correct frame of mind to threaten your buddy.

Take care,

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience Komodo. Did you experience any missing time surrounding the event that you were aware of?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
All,

Sorry for not being as clear as I should have been, being at work it was a cut and paste from a previous post. I'll clear up a few words that seem to skew or otherwise confuse what I'm trying to get across.

Thanks for the replies, and I'm sure they'll be more to come after I repost.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hi DD,

Good to see you again ol' friend and deep thanks for the concern.

I'm not sure if I do or not at this time. I haven't been tested but, I did have a vivid dream later than night of my 'step family' of having seen this thing but, in the dream, there were 2 of them and had shined red beams within the house itself. It was as if they were looking intently for something and I remember my step & mom's bedroom being ransacked.

How could I remember a dream from 30 years ago? I have NO idea, but I do. Not sure if the dream was induced or not. Or if it was dream since I seemed real.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
He heard humming sounds.

Based on hundreds of detailed reports it was like electrical machinery
or perhaps electrostatic humming.

Well lets say that's what we used to hear, now UFOs are all silent.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The clarification of words used and should have been used.

Word used=Replaced with
Weaponry=Technology
Cox=Bed

As for the machete
It was the closest thing I had to defend myself with, if it was a bat I would have used it, or even a gun if necessary because the level of fear I had at the time. People react differently in different situations but, being under high lvl of fear, survival is the only thing I think is going through anyone's mind. It was kinda like knowing there's a someone in your house at night, and finding what ever you can to keep you and your family safe. And No, I don't sleep with knives, machetes or weapons of any kind.

Extreme Close Encounter ="Sightings within about 500 feet are subclassified as various types of "close encounter." Wikipedia

The reason I used Extreme was because it was WELL inside 500ft and wanted to make a point that this was NOT something that was 300ft away. This sound/noise seemed to be 3-5ft outside of my bedroom window.

The Height of the bedroom window
the height to the bottom of the 2nd story of the house was 'appox' 14ft and I'm judging this as the BOTTOM of the 2nd story & the TOP of the 2nd story is about another 14ft (the basic standard dimensions of a 2nd story) So, I would judge this sound to be about 16-18ft above the ground.

The sound that I heard
the sound that I heard was almost exactally like the following clip at .37-39seconds into the clip. Let me be clear...it was NOT the voicey sound you hear clearly coming from the drone as if it's reporting data; it's the background blips you hear faintly in the background while the drone is 'chattering'. It was NOT a humming sound. Electrical... most definitely! The sound

Restating for clarity
~Based on my close encounter, what type of stealth technology could hover above the ground at 16-18ft did any of the world governments have in these 2 specific years that would match my experience? (I'm assuming it's stealth because of how quiet it was)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
TO THE MODS.

Please monitor this thread for derailment as so far it beginning to be as such. I'm earnestly trying to get some ideas what I heard based on my personal experience and following up with questions.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Can you describe the sound a bit better? I have watched all the star wars movies but do not recall your example.

It was something very real to you at the time I understand but how do you equate it as placing you in the same camp as me?

I suppose an audio encounter could be considered a legitimate experience, but help me out here.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I linked the closest sound I could find, I"ll repost it here

The sound is really close to this during the .37-.39 secs of the clip if that helps.. the problem is, I can't find an exact just something that is extremely similar.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think you experienced what I did when I was younger. I think it was in the early 80's.

Remember a show called "V"? about the aliens coming for our water and us as food. Well in that show, theres this white passanger craft. When it goes over head, it makes a cool sound.

One night I'm sleeping, and JUST as Im falling asleep I heard that sound. I sprung up to look out the window and thought I saw a shadowy shape of that same craft in "V". This happened the next night as well.

Obviously, a "V" craft did not do a fly-by on the trailer. I think its something to do when you enter sleep mode, and you really become convinced something is real, as your brain process's it as real. But its not.
Dont underestimate your mind, especially when your about to fall asleep.

I know you might want to experience something cool Komodo, but I believe you experienced something similar to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by calibanvov

thanks for the reply. However, I was fully awake.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks all for the replies. Some good some not so good, but it's what I sorta expected. My reasoning behind the questions is this.. if it wasn't clear before.

If, the governments of the world did NOT have any technology of this type in 1977-78 then what is going on here. Please spare me a little of your imagination for just a few minutes and ask yourself, if you were in my shoes, what would you think and if there wasn't any tech at that time...what is going on.

Personally, I don't believe there are VERY few coincidences in life. Taken that mindset opens a few interesting things.

Here's one I just stumbled upon.....Watchmen

That being said, if this account is true of the link above, then something is WAY bigger than you or me... the entire world for that matter.

Still trying to connect the dots....

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

The problem is you say it was a Close Encounter when you didn't see anything. A lot of people will be upset when they read the thread to find out it was a strange noise only.
Could someone have been playing a prank?
Could some type of alien craft flew near the window?
Could some unknown natural phenomena caused the sound?
Could it of been a poltergeist?
Could you have been in some type of dream state and the noise was in your head?

I wish you would of peeked outside to see what it was.

I am trying to post as many questions as to what could of caused it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join