It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Political Forum Coming Soon: The ATS Bully Pulpit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here I go...

*steps up to podium*

*ahemm* *ahemm*

"I, truth_seeker, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignorance.'"

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

"I, SpartanKingLeonidas, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignornace.'"

Oh, this should be interesting enough to have fun in, and the references will only make it more fun.

Does this mean this new forum will die after the upcoming elections, or possibly transitioned into something different and new? Is the new name set, yet, or is it still in transitional stages?

Will there be a new and interesting label on our avatars, like the "Writer", "Fighter", and "Scholar" status, to go with the new and improved and obviously limited posting arena?

I definatly approve of this place to discuss all things political.

What about as a suggestion for the new status Soap Box or even Soap Box'er as a potential, since we are in essence "getting up on a soap box" here on ATS with the new Forum?

I'm more and more curious, and patiently waiting.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

"I, __skyfloating___________, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignornace.'"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I hereby apply for access to the Forum.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
"I, poet1b, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignornace.'"

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
"I, Krieger, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignornace.'"

Is that it? And I like the strictor rules. Hopefully we'll see less "Secret Muslim! Lives in the same neighborhood as Ayers so he's a terrorist!" BS. Maybe actual news headlines from real news sources? Tired of "Obama will vote for Hawaii to leave the Union!" When the bill is nothing like that, does not say that, and is just BS to attack Obama. And please, no more.
"LIBERAL MEDIA!!!!" WHen this... www.cmpa.com... says different.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I, kettlebellysmith, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignornace.'

Let's get it on!! This is what live for!

IN truthe, I love a good discussion about anything. Let's get the facds out there so everyone can make intelligent decisions.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
"I,the dude, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignorance.'"

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I suppose I should probably throw my hat in too. I've been way too lax lately with the whole participation thing anyway. I really should post more.

I, PsychoHazard, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignornace.'

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think it's time to join the gang.

I, GAOTU789, an ATS member concerned about real and important political issues in this 2008 election season promise to do my best to elevate the tone of political debate through my participation in the ATS Bully Pulpit Forum. I will not post insults. I will not engage in divisive political rhetoric. I will focus on the issues important to the American public and the world at large. I will support my statements with confirmed facts. I will conduct myself in the best example of superior participation and fully embrace the spirit of 'deny ignornace.'

[edit on 11-9-2008 by GAOTU789]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join