It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In my opinion, Obama is just going to be another scapegoat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is my take on the whole issue of Brak Obama. I think, just like G.W.B, he will just be another scapegoat.

I mean, listen here, you have a man who has had what, 2 years in the Senate... Bush had what, eight years as the governor of Texas, which by the way is the second weakest governor in the United States.

All Obama is is another man who lacks the experience and knowledge to stand up to those who want to destroy this nation. Guess what. When all is said and done and everything continues to go to pot, TPTB are going to point their finger at him, just like they are at Bush.

"Oh,it's all his fault." In the mean time, just as the current president is doing, Obama is going to be left scratching his head wondering, "How the hell did I get into this mess?" Hide and watch.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Holy Crap! When did it become November 9th, 2008?

I gotta go find that "missing time" thread!

I think Obama has a less than 40% chance of winning the election. No need to worry Speaker.

The "conservatives" have all sorts of goodies left in the bag to be brought out in late September and all of October.

Becker

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
We will see. Regardless of who gets elected there is a groundswell of sentiment building to take back the country from the corporate elite. Bush is in a world unto himself in my opinion. Obama OR McCain will be an improvement over the current administration. I am cautiously optimistic.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Holy Crap! When did it become November 9th, 2008?

I gotta go find that "missing time" thread!

I think Obama has a less than 40% chance of winning the election. No need to worry Speaker.

The "conservatives" have all sorts of goodies left in the bag to be brought out in late September and all of October.

Becker

You might want to read the new Ron Suskind book. The frass is about to hit the oscillating wind generator and I could not be happier. Neocons do not understand the size of the hornet nest they have been kicking.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Way to stay positive Stinky, I'm with you!

If Obama does get in I too will hope he does a terrific job. It seems some on the left actually wish bad things upon our current president. Now that's not being very nice now is it?

I hope for a better future just like you. Even if I am your respected foe!

Becker

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Regardless of who is chosen to be president, the agenda that has begone for the last three decades is already in full gear and any candidate is nothing but a puppet.

The instability of our nation is also raising as more and more people are looking to the veil of our political system deceptions.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Most likely. I don't see anyone of any importance trying to "buck the system." I don't know if it's fear that keeps them from doing it, or indifference.

Honestly, I have come to the stark conclusion that there is not anyone who labels them self a politician, literally translated into bloodsuckers, who really care about the average person. All they care about are photoops and how much more than can fatten their pocketbooks.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The lobbyist pay offs are getting out hand since the last 8 years in Washington.

People have no clue of who truly the terrorist in this nation are, as more and more foreign nations own one or two congressman in the white house.

Is totally incredible, I wish somebody put up a disclosure of the lobbyist foreign and domestic paying out for Obama and McCain campaigns.

The people will truly understand to whom this candidates will be signing and passing laws in favor.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Certainly. I suppose this is at the crux of my post. It is easy for us to point our finger at the president, who is really nothing more than a figure head, but the internal workings of the machinization are hidden.

Like I have said before, people always say, "Well, Bush stutters and stammers." My reply to that is quite simple, "You'd stutter and stammer too, if you were in a predicament where you had to makee excuses for other people's mishaps."

I really don't see, excepting the financial benefit, the ruckuss over being presidet. Anyone who has a basic understanding of civics and the way the U.S government is operated knows that the president's power is rather limited. Congress calls the shots.

The president has a veto, which is only a half of a vote and he can let a bill die, but other than that, his power is relatively limited. Even if he allows a bill to die, it can always be revitalized by congress.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I found this link to a good source of lobbying in our government I hope it doesn't derail the thread.

Bying of the president 2008

You can chose by candidates to see their financial disclosours.

I will link to our two main candidates right now.

Barack Obama

www.buyingofthepresident.org...

John McCain

www.buyingofthepresident.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Marg,what is interesting is that they place the reports on there sideways, making it damn near impossible to read. However, one thing is obvious, we're talking money and lots of it.

top topics

join