It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual Cult Websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Thought these links may be interesting to some members.

The Raelians

The Raelians, no doubt you remember their human cloning publicity stunt not to long ago.

Scientology

Scientology, claiming the souls of some of our best actors, well maybe not our best.

HeavensGate

HeavensGate. Thought their intergalactic ride was behind the comet Hale Bopp, so naturally they all drank poison and killed them selves. But who wouldn�t?

Michael Travesser

Michael Travesser. Has a decent following, thinks he is the return of Christ. Has a decent beard going, but I�m not convinced.

If anybody knows of any other cult websites leave a link, I kind of collect them.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Funny that they had a Heaven's Gate suicide policy.

I guess Micheal Travesser isn't Jesus anymore, as Jesus would be able to keep a web site up.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Nice Station i gonna tell friend about these! :thumbsup:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Raelians,Yeah, one of the local papers sent 2 people in and can you say......
They are right out there. My money is on them for the next suicide get with god thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I found some wierd cults

First World Conclave of Light, San Diego, CA: UFOs, 32 planets already joined but are waiting for the Earth to make the necessary commitment before the spaceships can land. See also Unarius Education Foundation.

Heh riiight

Heres another one:

First Presleyterian Church of Elvis the Divine, Bethelehem, PA: Begun in 1988 as a marketing ploy/parody by Farndu and Karl Edwards, the church spoofs traditional religions and cults by �worshipping� Elvis Presley in weekly services held on the Internet and the campus chapel of Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA.

Heres a link to some more modern cults:

Click Here for cults

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hah, just found this site on Presleytarians

www.geocities.com...

top topics

join