It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Hacker Uncovers Proof Chinese Gymnast Is Underage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by draconian45

Here's the Thing...Nastia Liukin and He Kexin Both TIED for first with the SAME score. Although Kexin had various visible errors and because of a tie breaker the Gold was given to Kexin.

So in essence Both Gymnasts were the BEST that day....so this whole age thing DOES matter....its not like kexin got a higher score than Liukin...

So in my opinion Liukin deserves the Gold as Well....see in qymnastics if you tie both don't get the same color medal....so Nastia Deserves it for Playing FAIR and recieving the TOP score of the Event!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd
reply to post by draconian45

Here's the Thing...Nastia Liukin and He Kexin Both TIED for first with the SAME score. Although Kexin had various visible errors and because of a tie breaker the Gold was given to Kexin.

So in essence Both Gymnasts were the BEST that day....so this whole age thing DOES matter....its not like kexin got a higher score than Liukin...

So in my opinion Liukin deserves the Gold as Well....see in qymnastics if you tie both don't get the same color medal....so Nastia Deserves it for Playing FAIR and recieving the TOP score of the Event!

What is so unfair if Kexin is really 16?

You people are making excuses just because Liukin got a silver instead of a gold medal. Why can't you be proud of her achievement and stop thinking the US of A has to win everything?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
China will probaly get a few medals stripped when all is said and done...

But hey, mabye in London, those children will be able to Compete... LEGALY...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sirmojo

Usually when a gymnast Sticks a landing and the other takes a step and has leg separation the one who sticks gets a higher score...

In this Case Liukin stuck her landing and was awarded the same score as Kexin....

especially when they have the same start value!!!!! not to mention how the tir breaker went down!...BOTH Athletes deserved the Gold Medal!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I have a feeling this is going to be messy.

The Chinese Communist are probably brain storming like mad trying to come up with something to get around this find.

It will be interesting to follow. It all comes down to who will give in first.

I think the Chicom's will drawn this out until it fades away or it gets so crazy the investigation is stopped.

Sort of like Iran and their peaceful nuke program (the old drawn out chess game blah blah blah)

IMHO

[edit on 22-8-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
China will probaly get a few medals stripped when all is said and done...

The investigation was over a few hours ago. Verdict - China 46 Gold , American 30

Originally posted by Goradd
Usually when a gymnast Sticks a landing and the other takes a step and has leg separation the one who sticks gets a higher score...

Lukins landing was bad. Before she landed her legs were all over the place which inccurs the same deduction as having your leg slip over the place. In the end it came down to the decision the Australian judge gave which gave the medal to He

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Good thing this hacker didnt live in a country with specal extradition treaties and strategic alliances with China.

Had he, they would be extraditing him to China to face possible execution or some ridiculous amount of years imprisonment for uncovering this, JUST LIKE GARY MCKINNON IS FACING FROM THE USA & SPINELESS ROYAL GREAT BRITAIN RIGHT NOW ..

[edit on 8/22/2008 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Maybe this point is moot. However, anyone with eyes can look at some of those Chinese gymnasts and see they aren't 16. Honestly.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
reply to post by azzllin

Nothing personal but help me to understand what exactly this means to you?
"azzllin Individual Seeker of Truth"

All it means is, ive heard so many versions of what was supposed to be the truth, and off so many different sources, i feel the need to discount everything, and try my best to go and discover the real truth for myself.
Kind of like when a rumor starts and gets twisted as it passes from person to person, i try and go the where it all started, right at the beginning.
Only then can that truth lead me to the next piece of any puzzle, to look for something through falsehood or untrue information, keeps everyone from the reality of everything.

Sorry if it sounds cryptic, it also prevents me from being ignorant.

[edit on 22/8/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

I think Liukin deserved a gold for tying as well, but much as we're discussing the age rule, they also have a tiebreaker rule in the event, and under that rule, Liukin placed second. That tiebreaker should be done away with for the next Olympics, but as unfair as I think it was to Liukin and as much as I'd like to see her win, rules are rules.

As long as that Chinese kid was actually 16, the result will and should stay as it is. Of course, I don't for one second believe the winner was actually eligible due to age, but I don't expect it to be overturned anytime soon, either.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Now.. if some of you have stayed or worked for a duration of time around South East Asia. You would know that it is very difficult to judge most asian's age. I have mistaken late twenty year olds for teens. Their small stature and slower maturity is really a factor. Go to a high school in any asian country, and you will be surprised that majority of the girls looked no younger when compare with a caucasian 13 year old. When my 16 year old daughter stands next to her asian classmates, it will give you the impression their ages are very well below her's.

Coming back, for a caucasian female, does Shawn Johnson looked like your average 16 year old ? or does Nastia Liukin looked younger than most 18 year old ? It's a fact they do. Now factor that comparing to the average asian.

BTW, how would I to believe that a hacker, used an internet cache from a chinese search engine and found a government document, written in Chinese. In the first place, how did a goverment document get to appear in the cache. The Chinese government posted it on the net ? for what purpose ? Then it's not secret. Unless it's emails and that do not appear in cache, either way, all developing countries government uses intranets.

Another yellow cake ?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ohh.. BTW, why don't they just publish the Spreadsheet. All I see are mere words. Even if the spreadsheet was published, who is to say where it's from.

Pardon me for not trusting Fox news networks.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
LOL if you are going to start banning countries for circumventing the rules then there won't be many left when all is said and done.

Let's see, the USA would among the first countries banned. And we can expect to see them back in, what, a couple hundred years.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
LOL if you are going to start banning countries for circumventing the rules then there won't be many left when all is said and done.

Let's see, the USA would among the first countries banned. And we can expect to see them back in, what, a couple hundred years.

When did the USA circumvent the rules? Individuals are not a country. The difference here is - if true - the government (country) falsified records.

(written 8-1-08 - - prior to the Olympics) Falsifying ages of gymnasts is almost as synonymous with women's gymnastics as gymnasts falling off the beam. Cases of this have dated back to the 1980s, when the Soviet Union and Romania, the top two teams of the day, were later found out to have falsified countless gymnasts' birthdates to compete in world and/or Olympic competition.

However, one of the most well-known and widely publicized age falsifying cases happened to a North Korean gymnast by the name of Kim Gwang Suk. Competing on the grand stage for the first time at the 1989 Worlds, Kim was competing as a "15" year-old when many believed she was 12 at the very oldest, likely more around 10.

Eventually, the North Korean team was banned from the 1993 Worlds, but Kim was allowed to keep her '91 World bars gold and all of the other medals she won. Now, in such a case where age falsification was proven, North Korea broke the rules and were caught. However, allowing Kim to keep all of her medals while technically an underage gymnast speaks volumes to the fact that while this age requirement is perhaps a good idea, it will ultimately never be followed by those with any chance to act otherwise . . .

. . . Is there anything that can be done? You are doubtful to ever find either the FIG or IOC doing a damn thing in these kinds of scenarios, and things are unlikely to be any different this summer and beyond. The most we can realistically hope for is if the Chinese gymnasts' scores are lower than deserved.

polish101-gymnastics.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A gymnast who is 14 and not 16...
A little girl sings the anthem but is too ´ugly´ to be shown on TV and so another little girl lip-synchs for the world´s TV cameras...

Does anyone know the chinese word for DECEPTION?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
why is nobody making a fuss about the uk diving wonderkid tom daley? he is only fourteen! born in may 1994 so not even sixteen in the olympic year. why is it ok for him to compete?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by justyc]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Wasn't this obvious?

I thought so. Some of the team members looked more like they were 11 or 12. The visual difference between a 12 year old and a 16 year old is very dramatic and it was obvious that most of the team wasn't 16.

A rule is a rule is a rule. Strip the medals.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's not just He, Yang and Jiang have also been linked with documents stating that they were 13 at the time of the world games last year. This is a blight on what the Olympics is and if the IOC doesn't do anything than what is the point of the IOC anyway. If those two U.S. gymnasts were 2 or 3 years younger who knows how much better they would of did, they won gold and silver all around as it is. Not only should these girls medals be stripped, any team events they participated in, the team should be stripped, the U.S. just barely lost that team event for silver and those chinese girls participated in that one as well.

And these are just the ones were getting wind of people. If the Chinese gov't is willing and able to try a stunt like this I don't believe their aiding in cheating is isolated.

When sprinters get caught doping, not only are their medals stripped, they are banned for 8 years. Here we have the gov't actually behind the cheating, if the IOC really represented something other than a games for profit than they would kick China out for 1 olympics.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
why is nobody making a fuss about the uk diving wonderkid tom daley? he is only fourteen! born in may 1994 so not even sixteen in the olympic year. why is it ok for him to compete?

There is no rule on the books preventing a 14 year old from competing in the diving competition. There IS a rule requiring that a participant in the gymnastics competition must be 16 or older during the olympic year.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Why does China have to lie to kick it?

Computer generated fire works, an "ugly chinese girl singing behind the stage, competitors not meeting the required age limits, the jailing of the homeless men, women and children, prostitutes and homosexuals. Its like it's Nazi Germany all over again.

All for a little splish splash in a pool, running between a couple lines and leaping over a plastic poll.

Atleast the United States still holds the gold medal for covering their tracks when it comes to the stink. We've got the whole world to believe that our flag is actually up their on the moon flapping around.

God bless America.
Shame on you China.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join