It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts: 'Explosives Did Not Destroy Skyscraper in Sept. 11 Attack'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
in my architectural drafting class we watched videos of demolitions, and some involving large structures/sky scrapers. demolition teams would 'cut' the massive steel beams that make up the interior or core of the structure. this core stabilizes the structure and keeps it standing. the demo teams have to use thermite to cut the steel beams. at a diagonal angle. this way when they blow the building it would implode inwards in a downward, safe fashion, to insure no surrounding structure or area is damaged in the collapse. i think thermite burns at a very very high temperature, maybe above jet fuel. maybe the beams were cut with thermite...? i really dont see how the steel core of the twin towers did not remain standing, at least a few hundred feet in the air after the collapse.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I try to stay away from the 9/11 stuff
I'm firmly on the fence about the matter but, Fox news?

[edit on 21-8-2008 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I see.... well first off I don't bealive what foxnews says.

I have one question why is their a free fall???

in physics in order to have a building to free fall leveld you need to have explosions or have each 4 corners to collapse at the same time.

if one of the 4 corners has a 1 or 3 second difference it will show while it falls you can see the other 3 corners to fall leveled same rate ect but the 1 that was 3seconds behind would be higher than the others at free fall.

If you look at the footage it dosen't make any sense how this building can free fall because of airplanes crashing into them and the fire. The fire can't be the cause their is no chance of a building to crumpble and fall at a same level with from a fire.

I really look at the footage and use phsycis to figure out how this event could happen.

Their were alot of people hearing nothing but explosions before the planes hit the building.

All I saw I see more evidence for an inside job than what your saying here.

Also I would suggest you to look for another source that is not U.S.A or any allies with the U.S and find stories of this.

My other question if this is true then why was the U..S so worried and strict on not letting any firefighters or any investigators on the rubble after it collapes until the cleanup was done then they let the investigators and also firefighers to help in on the clean up.

I have heard they dont it to go find any evidence of explosions like the chemicals left over ect ect.

I Know for sure they didn't allo anyone but special cleanup crews on the scene after the building was in rubble.

I also was watching the whole thing live, I notice at the start of the news broadcast the news anchor and many witnesses first said that they heard explosions like bombs. One guy said that before the planes went in he hear a big boom and felt like an earthquake where it force him upwards off the ground.

All I am saying is I don't fully bealive this unless you can find any valid non U.S or U.S allie news station that would show this news and also show more details and evidence.

The main point why I still think is an inside job is because the way of the building falls you don't have to know everything about physics to understand free fall.

If you look at when they demolish old buildings it looks very simluar.

I have heard a construction crew said that you can't in many demolishion get an exact free fall unless you have a building that has 4 corners ect. Meaning squared. Most buildings are not really squared making it harder to make a free fall at level.

This is my opinion and would suggest to find anohter source other then fox news or CNN ect.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider_117

yes wow , yes thermite has a temp of 4,000*f.

Thermite melts alot of stuff thermite is just like liquid nitrogen but it dosen't freeze stuff it melts mostly anything. They even showed thermite eating up a whole car lol.

They have found thermite and have seen those beams you talk of been cut on an angle.

Thanks for sharing insite I never really know why they cut the beam but did guess it was to control the fall of the buliding to fall inword.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
reply to post by hikix

I see.... well first off I don't bealive what foxnews says.

Does anyone actually watch Fox for news still?

Whenever I flick past that channel, the only thing I can think of is "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, wooh wooh wooh!", and a whole slew of toothless inbreds.

Like I said once before,
You wouldn't watch jerry springer for your local events, so don't watch Fox for your news.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I bealive that the gov was in on it. They needed 9/11 to be a tragic event. So they can push laws to control more and more people. I mean come on. I went a university game and guess what I myself well my dad is pakistani.

I look arabic kinda. Well I walk passed the metal detectors before entering the stadium this was at the commercial stadium and the metal detectors went off they tell me to step to the side and wait. I did so. Soon a military hummar pulls up by the steps where was below me a military guy walks up to me and makes me take my jacket empty all pockets he then searched me he found my case which holds my glasses he open that and then still thinking I am some bad guy ect ect after opening seeing the glasses he then feels around the inside of the case for any hiddne places.

He then asked me what am I doing here, and why do I have glasses I told them I am here to watch a game with my hockey team, and I told him that the reason I have glasses is becuase my eye's are bad.

He then ask for more questions and alos wanted id to check out what my name and address ect. He then talk in a radio to someone giving my information to them and I guess they done a background check and then they told me to go back at the end of the line.

I mean it was only a hockey game not some military top secret place.

I can see why the U.S gov would be behind 9/11 it was to make laws rules that they couldn't make without such an event.

If you notice I have heard that it's true that bush and many other people in the gov and ceos of big corps ect are members of a secret group that do devil worshipping.

their ground uses a symbol of an owl, if you look on a 1 dollar bill in the back on the top right where it has 1 you will see where the frame around the 1 where it loops downward you see a dot if you really look close to that small dot you see an owl.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
on the contrary,
there's more evidence for the government lying and being complicit, compared to them being honest and unaware.

And again, if your really willing to believe what the NIST says, about the biggest governemnt induced crime in history, then it really matters now what I think.

Because clearly, their target audience for this charade has taken them hook, line and sinker.

You really believe

1. Valerie Plame's outing had NOTHING to do with her husband going against the official wmd lie?
2. A plane caused that minor damage to the pentagon?
3. Both WTC's collapsed on their footprints, in perfect motion because of a plane hitting them at the top?
4. Bush and Co knew nothing about the plans, even though all the intellegence people did?
5. Cheney telling the Air defenses to stand down, LONG after it was aware airborne attacks were occuring was 'SOP'
6. Bush sitting in his chair while America was apparently 'under-attack' wasnt a planned reaction
7. A passport survived the WTC crash, but the blackbox didnt?

Because if you believe NIST, and that WTC7 came down purely becuase of fire, you must believe all the other complex statements about 911..

They US was either in on it, or not.
There's no half measure...

Cheney did not tell air defenses to stand down at all, in fact he told them to shoot to kill. At that point in time Bush had absolutely NO communication because he was in Air Force One which could not get in contact with anyone at the White House. This seemingly executive order from Cheney was absolutely illegal and in the 9/11 commission report the administration claimed that Bush told Cheney to give that order...but he obviously couldn't have because he didn't have communication with Cheney until he landed in Camp David.
You call the Pentagon "minor" damage...that is a quite large building....the WTC did not collapse "on their footprints" I remember watching it like it was yesterday on live television, the tops of the towers crumbled and in about 2 minutes the rest of the building came down...and it damaged surrounding buildings...an implosion leaves no damage to surrounding buildings. If you honestly think the government was smart enough to fool the entire world, why wouldn't they just make the towers fall to one side as you think they should have? I mean you honestly think that the government can cover all of this up, yet they can't even patrol the borders, take care of social security and do anything right at all? They couldn't even cover up Monica Lewinsky, White Water, Water Gate...and yet they could cover up a conspiracy for the most publicized and the most video recorded LIVE event...probably in the history of the entire world

Sure, there may have been some people who knew, who profited from others deaths...but I can guarantee it had nothing to do with the government.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
the WTC did not collapse "on their footprints"

A footprint collapse is one in that the building collapsed does not fall into other buildings, instead it falls straight down. The debris expelled during the collaps damaged the surrounding buildings, not the falling building itself. The Twin Towers AND Building 7 all collapsed in their own footprint.

the tops of the towers crumbled and in about 2 minutes the rest of the building came down.

Dude you had some wicked '___' that day didn't you !!! You are the only person in the entrie world, including video's, that has ever claimed this.

but I can guarantee it had nothing to do with the government.

No ....... you can't.

[edit on 22/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

At that point in time Bush had absolutely NO communication because he was in Air Force One which could not get in contact with anyone at the White House.

Air Force One has NO communications systems to the White House?

My God.

If you believe that, you will believe ANYTHING they feed you.

Maybe they should call the local phone company and get them to install something.

[edit on 22/8/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
The sad thing is that someone got paid to do that "article"... No evidence, just a theory that the sprinklers broke in building 7, yeah, great studying there.

A frayed wire brought the plane down. Remember that one?

Norm McDonald followed up with, paraphrasing, 'the wired was frayed by an exploding missile!'

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Here it is... Here is the proof! For any of you doubters, they back it up with a full 2 paragraphs!

Sarcasm has once again been lost on the Internet. Some of you really need to learn to read between the lines before being so quick to jump on hikix. I mean, seriously. Does "they back it up with a full 2 paragraphs" honestly sound like a serious statement to any of you?

On Topic:

"The reason for the collapse of World Trade Center 7 is no longer a mystery," said Dr. Shyam Sunder, the lead investigator on the NIST team.

It has never been a mystery in my mind. I'm not sure what he means by "no longer a mystery". It was pretty clear from the start for anyone with a brain that Building 7 was brought down with explosives. No one that can think on their own needs to wait three years for a report coming from the same people who would be covering this up.

Really, people. Use your brains. This would be like a murderer conducting the investigation on his crimes. Do you really think he's going to incriminate himself?

The word of the day is: Gullible.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Many of the posters here seem to need to recognize the Truth,Listen here jbpruitt.com... to a fairly concise rebuttal of the NIST report by very credible Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
Thermite melts alot of stuff thermite is just like liquid nitrogen but it dosen't freeze stuff it melts mostly anything. They even showed thermite eating up a whole car lol.

When I was in the Navy, I worked in a classified rate: That means I dealt with classified materials. As part of our initial briefing (at my first Command out of my technical schools) we were given a demonstration on how to destroy classified materials in a hardened steel safe: Spread a thermite blanket over it & pull the cord...It gets hot enough to melt the whole safe into slag.

The more ordinary temperatures produced by fire is not enough to accomplish that...My Dad worked as a Manufacturing Engineer for a corporation that produces products for use in offices...Including military offices. He once told me that he did a demonstration for a potential customer on how sturdy their office safes are. He got word from a demolitions team that were scheduled to bring down a building & arranged for one of his compay's safes to be put in the attic (with some blank paperwork inside) before they demoloished the building. After the building was demoloshed (they used thermite to cut the foundations & fire to reduce the remaining wooden structure to make for easier cleanup). The safe had fallen through to the basement...The safe survived the demolition & fire intact, with the contained paperwork was merely slightly browned around the edges.

So yes, I can personally vouch as a first-hand witness for the extreme temperatures produced by thermite & as second-hand witness as to how resistant to damage hardened-steel safes are.

...Bush had absolutely NO communication because he was in Air Force One which could not get in contact with anyone at the White House. This seemingly executive order from Cheney was absolutely illegal and in the 9/11 commission report the administration claimed that Bush told Cheney to give that order...but he obviously couldn't have because he didn't have communication with Cheney until he landed in Camp David.

Air Force One has such advanced & sophisticated communications equipment on board that "lack of communication" is totally wrong...Air Force One can communicate with virtually anybody they want to at any time they want. Using "lack of communication from Air Force One" as an excuse is completely unfounded in reality.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The most interesting thing I have realized from this article, is that it is infact only 2 paragraphs. And, fox news knowing how dumb the people who look at their website are, that's all they really need for their followers to believe it!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Air Force One has NO communications systems to the White House?

My God.

If you believe that, you will believe ANYTHING they feed you.

Maybe they should call the local phone company and get them to install something.

[edit on 22/8/08 by NuclearPaul]

It's a known fact that they didn't, hey guys, let's completely ignore all the facts because they sounds too realistic! Instead let's claim that the government has the ability to cover up the most viewed and televised event in human history, that sounds totally likely...hur yuck
You people should be comedy writers, because the outlandish claims are hilarious. Keep this coming, soon enough you'll have an entire act.

Dude you had some wicked '___' that day didn't you !!! You are the only person in the entrie world, including video's, that has ever claimed this.

It's in the videos, the tops of the towers didn't fall straight down, nice spelling btw.

No ....... you can't.

Just did.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfit
You are the only person in the entrie world, including video's, that has ever claimed this.

It's in the videos, the tops of the towers didn't fall straight down, nice spelling btw.

The tops of the towers falling straignt down is NOT what I called you out on.
I called you out of this:

the tops of the towers crumbled and in about 2 minutes the rest of the building came down.

There was no 2 minute delay. But you won't address that having been called on it.

Instead, to point out a spelling error. Incredibly juvenile.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've always stayed away from the 9/11 threads and forums ever since I've been aware of ATS. I could never take them. In a lot of ways they are worse than the Above Politics forums.

Now I don't know if it's because it's Friday or what but I clicked here; and now I find myself posting. Great...

A small comment about something that came to mind while reading. Since about, I'll say 2004, I have never met anyone who doesn't acknowledge the "inside job" or who doesn't reject the official story. That's a lot of people in which the topic of 9/11 came up and was discussed over the past four+ years.

Then again, we are not fighting off American news propaganda on every other TV channel either.

I don't know, I guess I'm just baffled there's legitimate debate or any debate for that matter still going on. I would be seriously disturbed if any of my friends or family considered any NIST "findings" regarding 9/11 as plausible.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm moving onto something non-9/11 related.

-SB

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Are you for real? I'm training to be a commercial pilot. In these things called planes that I fly around in we have these things called radios which are MANDATORY. The plane would be not legally in the air without one as you MUST have clearance to taxi, let alone take off one of those things at a controlled aerodrome.

Let alone the rest of the techno gizmos they'd have in airforce one..

What disinfo hole did you crawl out of? Go back into it... damn.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The National Institute of Standards and Technology is a federal technology agency whose mission is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve our quality of life.

this is from www.bldrdoc.gov

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I don't this will keep "truthers" from making things up with false science...there was enough proof already, but this will be buried I'm sure...

wow you my friend are sad, every legit architect and engineer in this country will tell you how foolish you are, its impossible for fire to melt steel, why the hell do you think the military uses thermite to cut through steel? because ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. You need 2600 plus degrees to melt or even "weaken" steel, anything below 1500 is completely harmless to Steel Girders/Pilars.

"New pheonomenon" or "the only excuse we can think of in order to try and shut up the massive 9/11 truth movement."

For everyone who still doesn't believe that 9/11 was an inside job, I will not feel sorry for you when you realize in the next few years that was an inside job, you should and you WILL feel like the worst and most ignorant person in the world when you realize you were tricked by the powers that be

Why was the patriot Act ALREADY written before 9/11, and passed within weeks of the attack? Pretty obvious

Wait till the 9/11 cyber attack, we already had a 9/11 internet patriot act written, just need a big event to make it pass through our congress

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join