It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought about the current Russia ordeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
as events have un-folded these past few weeks between russia and ourselves. i can't help but notice that all of this started at a very convienient time. during the olympics, but also most importantly during our presidential election.

we know that Obama, SAYS he doesn't want to be in Iraq, and blah blah... but something just occured to me. does anyone else think that there is a slight possibility that this entire Georgian invasion into Ossetia was planned, not for President Bush to become president, because doing something like that would forever scar the credibility of the Republican party, but to help give McCain a surge of support? i just read last night that he has a 6 point lead on Obama now.

so what im saying is, think of it like this. we go in and train with Georgian troops, knowing full well that as soon as we get our boots off the ground, they will start to attack South Ossetia. In doing so, they ticked off Russia (obviously this was a planned and known part of the operation. they had to know it would piss off Russia enough to roll out the military.) now this would be beneficial to the Republicans IMO, because they are the ones that people are going to look to for protection from the big bad bear.

so, I think that this entire debacle was engineered by the Republican party to help clinch a last minute victory.

what do you guys think, if you think im totally off base here, please tell me how. I would love to discuss this in further detail.

Thanks for reading

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Political parties have been manipulating out international affairs for a long time. And there is reason to believe that a great deal of what they do is either influenced by, or closely coordinated with international interests. Your supposition is far from outlandish. It could be that this has something to do with the burning need the ideologues at the party-level want to accomplish.

But remember, their oaths conveyed an obligation to serve 'us'. So if it ever became more than a supposition, they would all be guilty of high treason. Now the media machine would never allow that to be commonly accepted, they would not get richer or more powerful and politically relevant by exposing their own allies.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Maxmars]

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
thank you for your response. you are right though, this kind of stuff has been going on for a long time. and will always happen.

i just see that a lot of people around here seem to think that GWB will stay president by him and his cronies pulling off come kind of coup, and it occured to me this morning, that with the situation unfolding like it is. They wouldn't need to do something like that, just get McCain to talk about taking a hardline approach to Russia and you will get plenty of people to back him, as i think has been shown in the recent polls.

c'mon guy, like an hour later and only 1 reply, i know there are a lot more people out there with an opinion on this.

join