It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hatred and race baiting on this board is evident

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why is it that only white people can be racist?

If a [insert your favorite "color" here] doesn't like white people, it's because they've been oppressed, or mistreated, or blah blah blah blah .. there's always a good reason and it's not racism.

But if a white person dislikes anyone, it's ALWAYS racism (unless, of course, it's another white person.)

I can't dislike a Mexican because he came into this country illegally, it has to be because he isn't white.

I can't dislike a black because he's in a gang, plays awful music too loud, refuses to speak "normal" English, and threatens me if I walk too close to him. No, it HAS to be racism. Sure, whine about what happens when you go to the white side of town .. would you like to be a white person and hit the black side of town? No, I didn't think so ... it's a good way to get killed.

I am sick and tired of you being able to get away with calling me a racist just because I'm white. Hey, I didn't ASK to be born white, you know.

You can have black pride, and Latino pride, and red pride .. etc. etc. but let me DARE say I'm proud to be white and .. BAM! .. I'm a racist.

The reality is, most of us like to hang with our own kind. Birds of a feather flock together. Generally speaking, my socializing is mostly done with whites. Most of the black people I know socialize with blacks. Mexicans tend to have Mexican friends. It's okay for everyone EXCEPT me, the white racist, if I don't happen to have a bunch of black, brown, red, yellow, and green friends.

I don't care what color Obama is, I don't like him because he's wishy-washy, insincere, and a politician.

If all y'all non-whites want to be EQUAL, get down off the racism horse and let's be equal. Stop hiding behind "if you don't like me it's because I'm not white" and take responsibility for your personality, your actions, and your character - the REAL reasons I don't like you if I don't. Stop taking favors from the government and compete with me for jobs based on merit instead of color. Stop pointing your finger at me and screaming "white supremacist" every time I happen to do something better than you. Stop with the "white men can't jump" stuff and I'll stop with the "blacks don't do as well in school" stuff. Deal?

And stop hating on whites. It is racism whether you want to think it is or not. We don't deserve to be judged by color any more than anyone else does, but you don't stop to think about that.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted
reply to post by MRGERBIK

I must say I totally appreciate your thread and stance on the issue. Just the chance that racism could affect the outcome of the next 4-8 years is a bit frightening. Kenya? So freaking what! He is American and anyone that actually takes one moment and listen to the man would actually relate to what he has to say. In the mean time Mac Cain is pretty much being left untouched.

We cannot let this next election come down to the race card, our future does really depend on it. People, just take a moment and really listen to what Obama has to say...

I keep saying that the worst Right Wing associations are painfully obvious and never ever brought up in the national media. That's because corporate media is rolling with the Right Wing right now. That's a fact. Why is Washington Times never brought up that it's mostly funded by a cult leader who believes he is the messiah? But yet we talk about George Soros at the drop of a hat. If it wasn't for Reverend Moon there wouldn't be a conservative movement. I am not makiing this up, people. Who the hell could make up the Moon Story?

Everything is Code when it comes to bringing up a place of birth or origin in the media. It's Xenophobia, straight up and down. And the ones that are really angry are obviously in line with that thinking.

I bring this point up one more time to show how the Media is orchestrated to not talk to the "Elite" aristocrats of this country who are pimping the armchair media. McCain was not born in America. Therefore he is a foreigner by default. If this was "OBAMA" this talking point would be hammered on every AM station/TV station in the damn country. That's a painful fact right to the kidneys

Let me be clear:I am *NOT* a Obama supporter. The fact that they helped gun Kucinich down over a UFO reference in a actresses autobio,speaks volumes to me. But what Dennis has done regarding the articles of impeachment has shown he has a different character than Obama or McCain,Pelosi,Reid. Does he ever have a chance of being heard by a wider audience? No. And maybe that's the tragic reality that always will haunt us. We will always be this close to getting someone speak honest on the pulpit.

This is why I think most of America you deserve what you get if you tilt this all to conservative. The corporations will own you and they will tell you what time your bedtime is. The corporations will bring back debters prisons. And the kicker is, Corporations will be immune from debt because they will most likely own all of government in the future. So in other words, they can have welfare and you can't, they can go broke but you can't, they can break every law in the book but you can't. So you have to ask yourself, maybe this Liberal America/Liberal bias/Liberal this liberal that is all a rouse for you to give up your liberties and freedoms at the drop of the words "Liberal America"

If you march with the corporations they will take you to the cliff. The only difference is they will have a net and you most likely won't. Think about that one for a second before you crash the scales to the right. Truthfully speaking, the left is not keen on igniting a thermonuclear war with the countries around the world. But the War Party does. And guess who rolls with the war party pretty close these days?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MRGERBIK

Did you see my post?

Or just ignore it?

Or read the discalimer, and thought it was too much work?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by MRGERBIK
Fact: They don't bring up Mccain's background or his fortunate son past.

They really should bring this up more. The one time McCain had a chance to take advantage of his "fortunate son past", he didn't. He had the opportunity to be released from the POW Camp earlier than other prisoners because of his status, and he refused.

You are right! The MSM needs to bring this up more. But showing McCain's true character would be against the MSM political interests.

He also made many tapes of Communist propaganda during his POW days. But my point isn't that, RRconservative. It's to show you if the shoe was on the other foot, the media would have a field day if it was Obama. (And if it was John Kerry we would never hear the end of it) That's my whole thing regarding everything in this election. There is no discussion, it's just Barak is a muslim, his wife is militant and he has a brother from Kenya. When was the last time someone mentioned Cindy Mccain's prescription debacle on a news network or newspaper? When was the last time they mentioned Mccains Savings and Loans scandal? The fact you skipped over thosee points speaks volumes to me. You just don't see the bigger picture regarding the discussion of candidates.

This isn't a fair playing field, is what Im saying. You can be for Mccain but why the discussion of what I brought up isn't public knowledge is a serious gap in credibility when it comes to "Fair and Balanced"

I know you said that Mccain making propaganda tapes wasn't your point, but I want to discuss this a little.

He was brutally tourtared for 5 years and reached a breaking point and agreed to make them. If any news agency or Democrat team was to bring this up as a political story then they should be fired, no questions asked. Do you really want to hear his explanation of why he made them? Would you want him to describe what was done to him that made him finally break down and realized that no matter how much he begged for them to stop that they wouldn't unless he did what they wanted? I don't want to know the amount of pain he had to endure before he reached his breaking point.

There is a reason you never see him raise his arms above his shoulders. I'm sure you can find the story on the Internet if you want to know.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
it's how people think.
some how we are not aloud to question barrack's intention's....which make's me raise a flag right there...AUTOMATICALLY..someone or group of people don't want you to question it.

that sir is a conspiracy.

sure a lame one i agree...

But when a man is running for president of the united state's..and me and my kid's life's are in his hand's..
i want to know what he eat's..what he drink's..his religion..
his political history..even if they barely have one.

I will use myself for a example.
Prove me wrong barrack's church isn't based on a book about "Kill there white enemy".
and that his church hasnt gave award's to say how great Louis farrakhan is.
www.tucc.org...

The Pastor as well as the MEMBERSHIP of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA

i say a man devoted to a church for 20 year's can not have non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
and be 100% for America.
that is not racist but it's been called racist by alot.

just a example.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The president is not elected he is selected.
So old rich white men are putting him into
office.What does that tell you about raceisum?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by justamomma

I can say something like filthy spics serve as nothing better than speed bumps for the highway

hey gringo, you talking about me family. me no happy with you.

me take you to court and sue you for bottle of tequila.

sorry had to......

these kind of racist things people talk about are encountered in our music and tv (comedy Central) a whole lot and people laugh and dance to them till the cows come home.

debate these comments if you like or just move on to the next post.

My point *was* is that ppl can say something merely to stir emotions in you to distract you from the facts.

Does it matter if I dislike a certain race? Does the ignorance in denying myself of possibly good company bc of someone's skin color *really* affect your personal life? No! (I am using first person for effect, but like this should matter).

Is it any less ignorant or immature to look over facts being posted simply bc you are offended by someone else's opinion/views? How is helping to deny ignorance when you are more concerned w/ opinion than fact?

I will admit to being frustrated when facts are denied in favor of attempts to try and conform everyone to your (general use) opinions that have nothing to do w/ the facts.

Cultural and racial differences are a fact of the diversity of life. It isn't going to go away and the more we try to mesh one another to fit each others views, the worse the ignorance and anger will escalate.

Think of it terms of animals. Animals are animals yes, but do you think a rabbit is offended bc the deer doesn't hop on all fours and have long ears? no... they can co-exist w/out expecting any changes in behaviour or appearance or even acceptance from the other.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok.. so when I go to the black neighborhoods around my area and see boards on all the houses, spraypaint, people selling drugs on corners, more crime in one night then my neighborhood all year, and absolutely deplorable living conditions.. I am considered a racist because I state the facts?

Honestly, go to your nearest black community and look at the neighborhood. Look at the areas around you that used to be white middle class towns, until african americans decided to move in. Now, some of them areas are so crime ridden and filled with drugs that you would be crazy to even walk through an area like that.

For example, Darby, Pennsylvania. My father lived there when he was young and it was a extremely stand up community. Very nice houses and very little crime. Over the span of ten years or so, the town has went from liveable to post-apocalyptic. Sad to say, but this happens almost everywhere that african americans move into.

Why is this? Why are we not allowed to post criticism of the truth? I am NOT sterotyping, I am giving you honest facts. I am sure there are many places around you that used to be very nice areas until african americans moved in and the white people moved out. I do NOT want to see this happen to my whole country, yet its only a matter of time before white people have nowhere else to move away to. We moved out of our old neighborhood when a good portion of it became black due to the incrase in crime, it was no longer a safe neighborhood for children.

Why is it wrong to criticize a population that glorifies drugs, sex, and violence?

And yes, I know there are many stand-up african americans who I would love to have as my neighbor. But, from my life experiences around Philadelphia, black communities = high crime areas. And yet its wrong to speak this without being labled a racist? Maybe thats why these areas are always getting worse, because people are afraid to stand up and speak the truth.

I say screw political correctness. If someone is doing something wrong, tell them, critcize them, but by all means do not let them continue down a path of self destruction. I really hope many of you see the honesty and truth in this post, and the day we can be open about eachothers downfalls will be the day we can all start learning from each other and fixing our problems as a whole.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

you make some good sense. Definitely a different way of looking at the issue.

I just think we have a problem of being overly politically correct on everything we say and do.

In line with what you are saying, we should think about this question.

Are people really changing their words to be more acceptable/tolerable/ nicer to another race or are they merely changing it to avoid being labeled or criticized from the politically correct crowd?

That is the million dollar question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join