It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This has just spawned from a thread I created earlier.

What if there was a voting system on this site?

I mean, when you enter a thread and you have the ability to flag it. What if there was a button that allowed you to vote to close the thread?

Obviously there would have to be some details on how many people would it take to actually close it based on how many views it recieved.

Maybe this could be the answer for many of us who feel the site is being filled with alot of garbage. If we continued to vote on crap, it would eventually disappear. And the definition of crap would be definded by us together and not just one persons opinion. Namely, mine.

What say you?

Again I apologize for any spelling errors. I am a victim of spell check.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The same thought had occurred to me, but I remembered how easily one can abuse this. Ever see a poster get ganged up on?.... it's ugly. Also it would leave us open to the old democratic method flaw, where the majority, in the wrong, over-rule or squelch the voice of the minority. Is that really going to contribute to denying ignorance? I suppose it could, but it also might accomplish the opposite, no?

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Agreed, that is why there would have to be some type of monitoring system.

Mod's could track the amount of votes per user to see if they are actually contributing to the greater good or just being complete asses.

I would love to see a test run, just to see how it goes.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Neh, people just have to learn to ignore threads that are not to their liking for whatever reason. If they have a dislike on a intellectual level they will debate it, that is good. If they dislike it and find it beneath their dignity they should just ignore the topic.

Wait, maybe there could be a ignore button for topic like there is for users, ideal, everybody happy and no hassle with any democracy, let yourself be the dictator of your own account. Problem solved.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Harman]

new topics

top topics

join