It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Unsure of How Many Houses He Owns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by trek315

I don't understand the importance of knowing how many houses someone owns. How they came about owning one or many, is the issue. The fact McCain does not assign any specific value to bragging about the homes his wife may or may not own, plus the ones they managed to purchase while married, still brings me to ... so what?! Why is that our business.

I'm hanging onto my home with my eye teeth. I do not begrudge someone else for having the good fortune to outright own their home, or many homes. If they are happy that will make for a good positive generous presidency. No need for money grubbing selfish pocket pandering politicians, and will prevent the others from lining their pockets on hard earned tax dollars.

The McCains have it all. Quit being jealous.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm a college professor, but I grew up dirt poor in Steubenville, Ohio. The fact that I got to where I am today is a miracle. I must say I am incredibly offended by the characterization of poor people in this thread as lazy. You people seem to be very good at judging poor people, but you know nothing about how they live or what they're like. My dad died at 47 years of age from miner's lung. My mother worked as a cleaning lady to support six kids. And she wasn't an exception, she was typical. There were many poor people in Steubenville. You don't think about going to college. You are not surrounded by good role models. You grow up looking forward to a life of either hard physical labor or crime.

So go ahead, put other people down (people you obviously know nothing about) and pat yourself on the back about what a terrific person you are. I guess it's rather fulfilling to be ignorant. There's a lot of it in this country.

And BTW, how many of those homes does McCain own through his own "hard work?" And how many are because he had a wife who inherited a fortune (real "hard work" there, eh?)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
And BTW, how many of those homes does McCain own through his own "hard work?" And how many are because he had a wife who inherited a fortune (real "hard work" there, eh?)

Somebody down the line earned that money. Should we fault your kids someday when they inherit the money you accumulated through your hard work?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

You missed the point totally. I'm not faulting McCain for having homes probably largely bought with his wife's inheritance money. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with the ignorant people in this thread faulting the poor for being poor and essentially saying it's their own fault for being lazy. And then insinuating that McCain somehow "earned" this wealth.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
some people just don't understand how hard it is to get something when coming from nothing...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
-------------
-------------

Hah hah..I just watched the new video and that is awesome. Good for barack on this brilliant new ad. I mean if he doesn't even bother to take time to learn how to count to seven, how can he lead our Nation.

John McCain...Can we afford to let him move into the white house...Classic!!!

-------------
-------------

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As much as it may be kindof a cheap shot - I must agree - it is a clever ad and it does appeal to my emotions.

I have had two houses forclose on my street in the last year.

The economy DOES matter - even if it's just the perception that it will be better under Obama - perception does affect reality.

Of course voting for either party is a sure way to destruction - but I won't argue voting for McCain won't just accelerate that process.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Love the new Obama ad!
BTW, Obama paid off his student loans with his book sales in 2005. They had a mortgage. They know what it's like.

And when he couldn't come up with the whole $2 million for his mansion, a convicted felon picked up the tab. Now I know why his wife hasn't been very proud for all these years. Change? Hope? Nope!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can easily counter Barack Obama's ad, and the question of McCain's not knowing how many houses he owns.

"For every house McCain doesn't know he owns, how many buildings did William Ayers and his wife bomb or plan to bomb?

Barack Obama. Former chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, founded by William Ayers. Both are suspected of funneling millions of dollars through this agency to leftist activist organizations under the guise of assisting education.

Ayers and his wife also founded the Weather underground, whose members went on to kill several police officers. Ayers himself was resposible for bombing the Pentagon.

Obama has told us that Ayers was just a guy that lived in his neighborhood, but Chicago Mayor Richard Daley has stated that the two were friends.

Barack Obama. Can you afford to put him in the White House? Can your children?"

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, check out:

www.riehlworldview.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So is this class warfare now? McCain makes 10 mil and Obama makes 5 mil so Obama gots to get all getto on him? So what if he owns multiple houses, he invests like millions of Americans, he even said some are just condominiums.

What you might find more interesting is that from 2000-2004 Obama donated less than 1% of his income to charities only recently stepping it up to around 5%. Where as McCain has consistantly donated an average of 26% of his income.

But let me ask the OP one question. Why should he not own houses?

www.bloomberg.com...

pitchconsulting.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Its not that he owns houses its that he doesn't know how many. You know I think I could remember how many I owned, if I owned any. But McCain is so old and senile just wait during the debates. They will ask hima question and he'll just stare blankly because he will have forgotten where he is and who he is.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
reply to post by Sheeper

Its not that he owns houses its that he doesn't know how many. You know I think I could remember how many I owned, if I owned any. But McCain is so old and senile just wait during the debates. They will ask hima question and he'll just stare blankly because he will have forgotten where he is and who he is.

hah..good answer dude krieger gets a star.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I guess he could care less as well.

To me, it shows his inability to properly manage his own assets. How could we depend on him to make proper decisions on anything if he can't have an overall idea of the situation that it encompasses?

This very well demonstrates McCain's agenda to let his administration manage his Presidency while he focuses on being "Commander in Chief", the title and role he's longed for since 2004.

And I'm not saying Obama would be any more fit for the office.

It's a very, very sad election indeed, when we have such incompetence and inexperience on the ballot.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Both candidates are wealthy.

Chances are they both own homes that they don't live in....investments or rentals. The numbers probably fluctuate.

A better question would be how many homes do they actually use as homes.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
lol I know he has one right around the corner from me in a condo high rise of sorts, don't think he goes there much, but I know he does because I know one of his neighbors and he complains about having to go up in the elevator with the secret service because they are so unfriendly and aren't allowed to talk to anyone.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Sorry to change the subject...but, how can you have a negative BTS number of posts...and, a huge negative number at that. I'm new here...be kind.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangenter

I accidently bought some junk in the ats store and deducted it from my BTS points instead of ats points so it went negative

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

SO not what I was thinking...thanks for explaining

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Hell, he just "googled" for the first time in his life this month, and used the internet for the first time with assistance. Do we want someone running this country with less skills than the average 13 year old? We need savy solutions and technological know how to help solve the solutions of the 21st century. I know it sounds like a political add, but Grandpa doesn't come with the skills.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Skyshow,

All those skills are farmed out in that job...no matter who is in the office. There are people hired to do research for the president...write speachs, prepare food, clothes, transportation etc. etc. The president just re reads the speechs...get briefed on the issues and decisions, makes changes etc.

I cannot imagine what you are possibly thinking here.

the topic line is about how many houses McCain has for which he does not know...or claim/own.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join