It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - 4th Demension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I used to have "sleep paralysis" about 4-5 times a week as a kid, teenager.

Now, I get it roughly once a month.

You know, see outlines of people.. can't breath.. see clearly but can't move and wake up with a huge jolt.

I read somewhere on here that it's really the 4th dimension you are in.

If that's true.. Are we seeing Extra-dimensional beings, or ghosts?
What's your take on S.P?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have sleep paralysis very infrequently. But when I do I find the experience rather pleasant. It's as if you are in a very deep hypnosis state which means better sleep and more rest and energy. In other words, if I have achieved that level of unconsciousness then I'm good to go.

I've recently been having the flying dream. Actually more like floating. I'm always scared i'm gonna fall but I never do. Sometimes I float real low and sometimes real high. I go everywhere in the dream and people don't notice me in the air. Anyone interpret that dream?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElGatoLoco698
In other words, if I have achieved that level of unconsciousness then I'm good to go.

Well I don't think it's unconsciousness since everyone is fully aware of whats happening at the time and remembers it when they "wake" up.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

Its just semantics. Maybe I should have left off the un.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElGatoLoco698

Sorry if I came off bad in that post, I didn't mean to.

I just don't believe we're ever unconscious.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yeah ive had it since I was around 14.
I think many things can trigger it.
I don't seem to get it much anymore but I still do now and then.
It can be very scary Ive learned to just lie there and relax and wait until I can try and wake up.
Then just watch some tv for a minute to take my mind off it then go back to sleep.
hahaha but then sometimes it happens again.
Ive even heard myself saying "oh ffs not again will you just go away im trying to sleep!"
Heard myself yelling at it.Must've sounded like blah blah haha.
Like someone talking in there sleep.
Its like some monsters or demons are trying to get me.
Like something is touching me getting on me trying to pull me.
I have noticed if I get really angry at it, that it tends to go away.
Or if I pray some prayers it goes away.
I personally think after all these years you may be fighting death.
That you are actually almost dying slipping into death.
And fighting it is the only way to stay alive.
Like many others ive woke up in sweats heart pounding etc.
Keep fighting it I say, the next time im gonna kick its face off.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When I have such an event (very rare thankfully) I get a humming/vibration in my head as I'm dozing off (actually, you're already fast asleep, you only think you're awake). The odd thing is you know the strange event is about to happen, like a sort of prediction. It's all part of the mental process which creates the illusion which you believe to be real. Weird.

WG3

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So, I've had SP before and for some reason haven't had it for a while. I too am leaning more toward some kind of psychic/spiritual answers! I've done alot of research...medical/religious/aliens??? And there are alot of different explainations for what I am starting to understand as the same problem. I've read that SP can be a spring board to astral projection. I don't know if I've actually made it to that plane because some of the dream sequences are so vivid and surreal that they stay with me for days afterword! I agree completely with the above poster in the sense that I don't wish to be sedated. I probably trust what regular people like me think about it more than the dr (pill salesmen)!!!
Anyways...I want to hear more of your experiances! It felt as if I was being held by something very powerful, and I could hear an almost demonic hissing/growling and felt something pulling my right arm straight up and I could feel this presence that could only be described as terrifying!
The more I fought and struggled with it the harder it held me there! I suppose if I could have overcame the fear of it that I could have done some astral projecting!!! That really is interesting to me! I dream lucidly but projecting is something alltogether different! Any thoughts or more detailed re-tellings of this interesting phenomenon would be greatly appreciated!!! I will add that during a 3rd eye meditation, when the SP was happening nightly, I opened my minds eye, very slowly...
The first and only thing I saw.... A GREY!!!! I vividly remember the eyes!
Just like a pair of sunglasses...black and reflective! As my perception widened to my periphirals I saw the face and only the face of it. And it seemed to lean in and peer into my mind! At that point fear caused me to break concentration. And it has kept me from attempting that again!!!

PS
The wierd thing is that I'm not into aliens? I could see this being some subconcious event if I had input a bunch of info on aliens. But I haven't, until now, had any interest in extra terrestrials!!!

PPS
Both my father and his girlfriend admit to contact! My father had a ship follow him through the foothills in Wyoming at about 8 years old. And his girlfriend told me that she was abducted at age 6! I'm just sayin!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
When I was younger I use to wake up in the middle of the night and see people in my room, but they looked like my friends. It was really weird. Thats not considered an E.T encounter, is it??? I don't think I was ever unable to move, I remember that sometimes I would sit up because I really thought there were people in my room. Weird, I haven't really thought of that in years.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex

You know, see outlines of people.. can't breath.. see clearly but can't move and wake up with a huge jolt.

What's your take on S.P?

I've experienced similar things as your describing, my view and gut feeling is that instead of aliens I believe they are demonic spiritual being aka as demons. I think there is a big connection to sleep paralysis and "alien" abductions. The idea of ghosts wasn't too far off in my opinion.

I'm certain that the spiritual dimension aka as the fourth dimension is a very real place. I've seen and experienced things that have permanently ingrained this view in to my opinion.

Thats not to say that aliens don't exist and earth hasn't been visited from beings from another planet but I strongly believe when it comes to a lot of abduction there is a big link to sleep paralysis. When it's happened to me I was so certain there was a frightening evil presence in my room. Not to mention as a small child i used to see things that would scare the living crap out of me. But at the same time I would see light bearing beings that were breathtakingly beautiful. So yes like this world there are forces of good and evil the same goes for the spiritual realm or 4th deminsion.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by oconnection]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I do this more often then a little bit, but it is self-induced. I meditate for the purpose of astral traveling, have been working at it for about 5-6 months now.

One thing I have learned is that it is an important step to go into a state of sleep paralysis where you lose connection with you body, directing all your attention to what you are thinking about. Since you aren't using any of your consciousness on what your body is feeling, it becomes easy for your conscious awake part of yourself to communicate with the subconscious part of yourself. The most problem I have while in this state is falling asleep.

As for it being a 4th dimension, I think it may be a required part of a process to vibrate at a 4th dimensional frequency.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Yeah, if someone wanted to put a label on it "4th dimension" or a lucid dream.. the encounters are pretty bizarre and not a physical reality, however its nonetheless real to the observer when it occurs. Because of this phenomena I do believe that other dimensions are real, and dream are perhaps tapping into those very depths. As humans spend, a third of their existence sleeping, perhaps the real disclosure story is about learning to live without a physical body within another dimension. Some people might argue that these experiences occur only within the mind and no where else, but these feelings of being in an astral projection, different place, difference time, aliens, etc. may be a clue to another form of existence. I can't say for sure, but I perceive that there may be something to it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

Yeah, if someone wanted to put a label on it "4th dimension" or a lucid dream.. the encounters are pretty bizarre and not a physical reality, however its nonetheless real to the observer when it occurs. Because of this phenomena I do believe that other dimensions are real, and dream are perhaps tapping into those very depths. As humans spend, a third of their existence sleeping, perhaps the real disclosure story is about learning to live without a physical body within another dimension. Some people might argue that these experiences occur only within the mind and no where else, but these feelings of being in an astral projection, different place, difference time, aliens, etc. may be a clue to another form of existence. I can't say for sure, but I perceive that there may be something to it.

This is a post with very high intuitive understandings and it parallels my own understandings and experience as well.
As it stands to reason we do in fact spend a THIRD of our lives in a state that is not conscious and doing things that seem sublime and weird at the best of times.
From my own personal understanding the conscious life we have in a physical body interacting with all other physicality of the dimension of MEST(Matter, energy, space and timne) is actually what we think we think we are doing on a conscious level. The real disclosure is that one holograhic genetic mind made all this up in to a holographic dream matrix.

Because when we are actually truely living we are dreaming and when we consciously think we are living we are only really dreaming.
Hence the indigenous culture of Australia; the Aborigines where on the right track when they refered to everything as "Dreamtime"

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Thanks

For all of the replies!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Note to the OP. The 4th dimension is already accounted for... It's called 'time'!

Sleep paralysis is just a malfunction of the brain.

There's a part of the brain that 'turns on' when we sleep and this stops us from acting out what we experience in our dreams. i.e. Stops us from hurting ourselves and others, going to the toilet... lots of things. Sometimes we can wake up and this part of the brain is active - rendering us temporarily paralyzed. It's often accompanied by hallucinations (part of the dream world infringing on our waking state) & associated feelings of dread - which is understandable if you were just dreaming of a flying purple people eater and can't move a muscle. Fascinating stuff but pretty normal!

Enjoy it I say. You may experience something for free that's you'd pay to see at the movies

IRM

[edit on 20/11/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis this year several times per week as well, usually when I go to sleep, but I can break out of it by concentrating on my fingertips and forcing them to move reactivating my body. It's rather similar to controlling your heartbeat by focusing on the heart when you lay flat on the floor. Thou once I stopped the heart for three second by accident and that was frighting since I could not feel the heart anymore, and could because of that not reactivate it but my inner brain kicked back in and it was back again.

I don't think it is related to aliens, neither do I think the transparent image of a 1.6 meters tall grey looking alien was when I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night a week or so after my first post here about my brothers and nephews. But perhaps I'm clinging to much to the explainable.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex

What's your take on S.P?

No, you arent in a different dimension when you experience sleep paralysis. When you go to sleep at night, sometime during such your body will sever the connection between your brain and the rest of your body, paralyzing you while you dream so you don't sct out your dream. Sleep paralysis results when you wake up before said connection can be re-established.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I only had SP once, and it was during the morning hours.

I was sleeping on my stomach like I always do, I was begining to wake up, and I heard what sounded like someone walking into the room, and I rolled onto my back, and heard whisperings in both ears, and someone said I love you, I woke up and tried to sit up and couldn't move. I could move my head and that was it. It felt like something invisble was sitting on me, I couldn't breathe, and tried very hard to get up. Then I felt something go through my body, and through the mattress of my bed, then i was able to move. I seriously thought something tried to possess me until i talked to a friend online that day and she said it was SP, and she sent me info on it. I haven't had SP since and that was in 1999.

top topics

join